• 19.04.2024, 11:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lese dir bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest du dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um dich zu registrieren oder informiere dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls du dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden.

Aqualis 450ml leaking

Donnerstag, 28. April 2016, 19:04

Hi all,

I have an Aqualis 450ml, 34047, nano, coating, fountain etc. its mounted onto the ddc pump top. Now all was going well until I saw yesterday that a small amount of water is beginning to dribble out the bottom, between the glass and the acrylic base. I gave it a good tighten to try to compress it a bit more but water is still dribbling, albeit slower now. I also just saw that there is now a replacement for this base part with what looks like a groove rather than just a step, part number 34086. Would this fix my problem? Though I am loathe to swap the damn base, if it cures it and ensures that it won't leak at all then I'll take the plunge and drain and refit.

Advice, thoughts and comments all appreciated.

Many thanks

Ollie

RE: Aqualis 450ml leaking

Freitag, 29. April 2016, 01:30

Hi all,

I have an Aqualis 450ml, 34047, nano, coating, fountain etc. its mounted onto the ddc pump top. Now all was going well until I saw yesterday that a small amount of water is beginning to dribble out the bottom, between the glass and the acrylic base. I gave it a good tighten to try to compress it a bit more but water is still dribbling, albeit slower now. I also just saw that there is now a replacement for this base part with what looks like a groove rather than just a step, part number 34086. Would this fix my problem? Though I am loathe to swap the damn base, if it cures it and ensures that it won't leak at all then I'll take the plunge and drain and refit.

Advice, thoughts and comments all appreciated.

Many thanks

Ollie

I would immediately stop what you're doing and power off everything. If there's ever a leak, its a auto shutdown and drain till you fix the problem or you risk ruining your rig. Even if the leak goes away, there's still an issue and could leak at any moments notice. It could possibly be a crack from the acrylic. Don't know but further investigation is needed.

Freitag, 29. April 2016, 08:34

The reservoir requires some force when you assemble it. If you have the variant with four threads on top, I recommend to mount two fittings so you can use thicker screwdriver between them as a lever. This will easily allow you to apply a good amount of force. Before you do that you could also disassemble it again and rotate the glass by 180°. The ends are not totally even but this should be covered by the o-ring. Anyway, it is worth a try to use the other side at the base.

The conversion kit uses exactly the same parts so this will not help you.