• 16.04.2024, 07:02
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hawli

Unregistered

Aquasuite does not detect aquaero connected via USB HUB

Monday, February 19th 2018, 2:30pm

Hi, I'm using aquaero 6. As there's not enought usb ports in my mainboard (asus crosshair VI hero) I am using nzxt internat USB HUB. The aquaero is detected in devices manager but aquasuite does not detect it. It works when connected without usb hub. Every other devices are working fine when connected to hub. I'm thinking maybe that a software failure? Any ideas how to solve this?

Revan654

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 9:15pm

Hi, I'm using aquaero 6. As there's not enought usb ports in my
mainboard (asus crosshair VI hero) I am using nzxt internat USB HUB. The
aquaero is detected in devices manager but aquasuite does not detect
it. It works when connected without usb hub. Every other devices are
working fine when connected to hub. I'm thinking maybe that a software
failure? Any ideas how to solve this?
Make sure the cable is connected proper way on both sides(there are two ways of connecting the cable). Also make sure you connect the cable on the top row on NZXT device(all five pins). It's likely the issue of NZXT unit, NZXT device is not built that well, I've seen people who's unit have completely melted.

I would swap the NZXT device for Aqua-Computer own USB hub (Hubby7), They work perfectly with AQ.

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 10:49pm

It's likely the issue of NZXT unit, NZXT device is not built that well, I've seen people who's unit have completely melted.

Are you referring to their older gen. USB hub and not their newer redesigned ones?

Regardless, I also agree on grabbing a HUBBY7 for all your needs.

Revan654

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 2:38am

Are you referring to their older gen. USB hub and not their newer redesigned ones?

The new one, since they melted the housing of the USB hub.

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 7:09am

The new one, since they melted the housing of the USB hub.

Really?! Wow, had no idea. I knew a bad batch of the older ones a while back were frying some peoples gear, even some AQ's I believe but thought they would have fixed any issues with the new redesign. That's just unfortunate.

I'll stick with the German's when it comes to hubs of any type. :thumbup:

Revan654

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 8:41pm

I knew a bad batch of the older ones a while back were frying some peoples gear, even some AQ's I believe but thought they would have fixed any issues with the new redesig

There were a few photos posted on Asus forums awhile back. I don't think NZXT hub was tested with all the voltage it can output.

Undesirable

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 12:50am

This thread is more confirmation that the Aquero isn't detected with ASUS Crosshair VI & USB hubs. I have an older thread about it here: Aquaero 6 Not Detected with Hubby 7

The above thread includes the usage of an AquaComputer Hubby, so that appears to rule out the hub type making a difference.

It is essential that some form of USB hub is used with the Crosshair VI, as it only has a single USB 2.0 header. So if the Aquaero is plugged in without a hub, you cannot have a USB 2.0 front panel connector installed.

Can AquaComputer please test Aquaero compatibility with USB hubs and specifically the Crosshair VI motherboard? My AquaStream XT pump WAS able to connect to the Hubby, but the Aquaero would NOT, and I tested them both in USB and SATA power mode.

I have since upgraded to Threadripper with a new motherboard that has two USB 2.0 headers, so I am no longer affected and can no longer test myself.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Undesirable" (Feb 25th 2018, 12:57am)

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 5:20am

Something might be wrong with the Aquaero then.

I would test it once more with the new MB and go from there.

Undesirable

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 8:12pm

Something might be wrong with the Aquaero then.

I would test it once more with the new MB and go from there.

It seems unlikely that two different Aquaeros from two separate people (please bear in mind I'm not the original poster) would malfunction in exactly the same way as to not be visible when plugged into internal USB hubs. More likely it is an specific incompatibility with the ASUS Crosshair VI motherboard and USB hubs. Don't forget the Aquaero works when plugged straight into the motherboard's internal USB headers, and other USB devices work when plugged into the Hubby. It is only when the Aquaero is plugged into the Hubby that it is not picked up in Aquasuite at all.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Undesirable" (Feb 25th 2018, 8:16pm)

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 8:29pm

I have the exact same problem. After pulling the NZXT hub and plugging in direct I got the Vision to work with the software. I noticed that on the vision and most pictures of the Hubby and other similar devices the usb connectors have the 5th (nc) pin on the usb connector wired, which the NZXT does not. Supposedly the 5th pin for usb is "no connection" and doesn't matter but it doesn't make sense to me that some USB connections would wire it for no purpose and others wouldn't. I was going to try and dig through my stuff and try a different cable to connect the NZXT hub and see if that 5th pin is the missing link.

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 11:31pm

I believe the "5th" pin is normally reserved for the cable shield wrap and is not directly related to data transmission.
If you look at the standard double USB port on a motherboard it will have 9 pins of the possible 10.
The reason the 10th pin is not normally used is that only 1 shield ground is required for both ports when in one cable.
You can see a pin-out diagram at the bottom of THIS WEBPAGE.

Revan654

Monday, February 26th 2018, 9:35pm

This thread is more confirmation that the Aquero isn't detected with
ASUS Crosshair VI & USB hubs. I have an older thread about it here: Aquaero 6 Not Detected with Hubby 7

The above thread includes the usage of an AquaComputer Hubby, so that appears to rule out the hub type making a difference.

It is essential that some form of USB hub is used with the Crosshair VI,
as it only has a single USB 2.0 header. So if the Aquaero is plugged in
without a hub, you cannot have a USB 2.0 front panel connector
installed.

Can AquaComputer please test Aquaero compatibility with USB hubs and
specifically the Crosshair VI motherboard? My AquaStream XT pump WAS
able to connect to the Hubby, but the Aquaero would NOT, and I tested
them both in USB and SATA power mode.

I have since upgraded to Threadripper with a new motherboard that has
two USB 2.0 headers, so I am no longer affected and can no longer test
myself.
Double check that the cable is in the correct order at both ends. Some of the wires use BB--R, where others are R--BB. There only one or two that are 1:1 at both ends. If incorrectly done it could create voltage issues and possibly destroying the device. Also check your Motherboard manual to make sure it's lining up as well.

Quoted

I believe the "5th" pin is normally reserved for the cable shield wrap and is not directly related to data transmission.

The 5th pin on the header is the NC pin. Some of AQ devices only use the first 4 pins and the 5th is un-used. There are others that actually use pin 2 to 5. It's is wise to double check the documents before power anything up.

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 6:15am

Quoted

The 5th pin on the header is the NC pin. Some of AQ devices only use the first 4 pins and the 5th is un-used. There are others that actually use pin 2 to 5. It's is wise to double check the documents before power anything up.

For my own clarification, does "NC" mean No Connection?

Dundys

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 7:45pm

Strange! its been a while and no support from AQ at least in here, its been very quiet let alone no word why they discontinued their USB D5if they did they should announce something in regards

Undesirable

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 10:21pm

Strange! its been a while and no support from AQ at least in here, its been very quiet let alone no word why they discontinued their USB D5if they did they should announce something in regards

Where did you hear that they'd been discontinued?

No doubt AquaComputer would respond to a support ticket, but be prepared to be asked if your USB cables are attached correctly for the billionth time.

Dundys

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 11:35pm

Quoted

Where did you hear that they'd been discontinued?
No doubt AquaComputer would respond to a support ticket, but be prepared to be asked if your USB cables are attached correctly for the billionth time.

Quoted

Someone have been told that .........post # 6. How much true is that I'm not sure

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dundys" (Feb 27th 2018, 11:40pm)

XXL24H

Saturday, March 10th 2018, 6:00am

I hawe the same problem with asus croshair 6 extrime and hubby7. Vision and fabworka and aquaero 6lt do not want worki. Others devices (aq D5 pomp 8) ,pendrivers, corsair link :D ) work fine. I hawe win10pro and latest driver from AMD. Any sugestions???

Saturday, March 10th 2018, 10:31pm

I'ma throw this out here though I have no idea what I am talking about. ?(

It seems something niggles in the back of my mind about dissimilar grounds for the 12/5 volt plugs inducing an issue.
That may have been regarding 2 PSUs, but maybe different rails on the same PSU could cause such?

Probably best to totally ignore this post. :wacko:

Undesirable

Monday, March 12th 2018, 6:18am

ms something niggles in the back of my mind about dissimilar grounds for the 12/5 volt plugs in

Well at least you're trying to help us. I'm almost certain it's an incompatibility with Crosshair 6 motherboards and USB hubs + some AquaComputer devices.

4 people have the same issue with this motherboard (well, 3 confirmed in this thread and 1 unknown motherboard + USB hub).

zouille

Monday, March 12th 2018, 11:39am

Well at least you're trying to help us. I'm almost certain it's an incompatibility with Crosshair 6 motherboards and USB hubs + some AquaComputer devices.

4 people have the same issue with this motherboard (well, 3 confirmed in this thread and 1 unknown motherboard + USB hub).
Can, also, confirm this with Hubby7 (or with NZXT ) USB Hub on the ASUS C6H Board : MPS High Flow is detected through HUB in aquasuite but not the aquaero (6XT or 6LT with last firmware). When connected on the motherboard USB Header, all is fine