• 23.04.2024, 23:30
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

knacker

any advantage to aquabus connection compared to USB for pump

Friday, June 15th 2018, 4:14pm

Is there any major benefit for me to connect my Aquacomputer D5 pump to my AE6 with the aquabus connection rather than using the current USB in motherboard which seems to be working fine? I dont have a second aquabus cable as I have one conecting my farbwerk and due to system/GPU location, the usb connections & most of motherboard cannot be seen
If this is a stupid question then please tell me so :D ;( 8)

Shoggy

Sven - Admin

Friday, June 15th 2018, 4:40pm

There is no real advantage. You could control the pump based on sensor values (which is not recommend) and you could also control the pump without the software - for example when you do something different and Windows/aquasuite is not available.

knacker

Friday, June 15th 2018, 7:22pm

Thanks for the response- I think I'll leave it how it is as it seems to be working a treat this way! ;)

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 12:09am

Best I can tell, aquacomputer has stopped selling the D5 USB/aquabus pumps... haven't seen them in the shop for months.

Nice avatar Shoggy... guess you got tired of eating the shoggy-sandwich? ^^