• 17.04.2024, 01:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

lovan6

Aquacomputer D5 USB Aquabus not detected on new Aquasuite 2018-6

Samstag, 22. September 2018, 15:15

I noticed after a cold boot, Aquaero 6LT is beeping 6 times. I power off the system completely and decided to reset the Aquaero by using jumper pins 5.6.7.8. It ask me to download the current Aquasuite 2018-6. my backup config no longer load and decided to configure the Aquaero from scratch.

Aquaero 6LT
2 D5 USB Aquabus in series EKWB dual top
Farbwerk
3 splitty 9 for fans
1 splitty 9 set jumper to Aquabus
Real time clock
Hubby 7
MPS400
4 water sensor, 4 ambient sensors

I plug all Aquacomputer USB devices and I was able to set the following:

12 and 13 Pump 1 and 2

15 MPS400

Farbwerk was with Aquabus 20? (it was before 12)

Real time clock is 111

All aquabus devices are connected to 1 splitty 9 set jumper to aquabus.

I power off the system and unplug all USb except the Aquaero and Plug all Aquabus devices using all 4 pin aquabus cable.

I used Setpoint controller on all fans while the 2 D5 USB Aquabus are on Preset controller.

When I press the Pump icon on Aquasuite, It only show pump 2 and pump 1 is not detected on aquabus. (BTW I also set the pump by controller).

I check all aquabus device on the pump and it was assign to aquabus 13. (I know this is normal).

On the preset controller I set at 80% speed. When I select output there is only 1 D5 pump assign when before there were 2.

I check the pumps and they are both running.

On previous Aquasuite the pump icon used to have 2 pumps but the current one only show 1. Pump assignment on Preset controller show 2 pumps before and currently it is showing 1.

I factory reset both pump and assign each individual aquabus and it can only detect pump #2 no pump #1.

Pump #1 can be control via manual settings on USB.

Can anybody confirm if this is normal? Are there any changes on the current Aquasuite 2018-6 which I am not aware?

I am not sure if the 2 pumps are functioning properly using Aquabus but both are detected by USB. It maybe the pump mps sensor on pump #1 is the problem. Both pump were purchased from Performance PC last year in June and July 2017 and quite not sure if its still under warranty. I use this computer as my daily work station and I don't have a spare pump to use in case I send to RMA.

Can anybody shed light?
»lovan6« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • D5 USB pump2.PNG
  • D5 USB Pump1.PNG
  • Aquabus.PNG
  • D5 pump 2 only.PNG
  • preset value dual d5.PNG
  • output.PNG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 10 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lovan6« (25. September 2018, 01:19)

Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2018, 02:31

Firstly, thank you for posting detailed info and especially lots of screenshots instead of making us tease it out of you like most do.

From the screens we can see that one of the pumps is not being detected by the aquabus system. This is quite common when settings are changed or resets.
The normal solution is to remove all power from the Aquaero, including it's USB standby power through the USB cable. Then reconnect everything and power up again.

Make sure all wiring is firmly in the correct places too.

This should resolve the problem so when you look in the aquabus tab it will show the pump as connected again.

Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2018, 09:04

Have you tried to connect just the pump as only aquabus device. You should always use the button "find aquabus devices" when testing.

If the problematic pump also does not work when it is connected alone, it is quite safe to say that its controller board must be faulty in some way.

lovan6

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018, 11:57

I tear down the whole loop several days ago. I disconnect the Molex to power the Aquaero. I started to fill the loop using my power supply.

The moment I switched on the power supply with just the pumps connected, I can smell some smoke coming from the back of the case. Upon checking, its the Molex to SATA wire that I did use to power the Aquaero.

The molex wire to sata was puchased from Ebay several years ago. The copper wire was so thin and it had only few copper and it melted.

I plug the the Aquaero directly to power supply molex and both pumps and the Aquaero are working now and everything is back to normal.

Lesson learned is never use a molex to sata adapter to power the Aquaero.

BTW is there a way I can make a request to Aquacomputer if they can sell concentrated Double protect Ultra to make a liter of coolant? because the cost of freight to ship the 1 liter to my country is more than the cost of coolant itself. I am willing to shell out 10 euros for a 100ml small bottle. Maybe Aquacomputer should look into this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lovan6« (18. Oktober 2018, 12:33)

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018, 15:09

We do not sell any concentrate.

Montag, 22. Oktober 2018, 11:33

I tear down the whole loop several days ago. I disconnect the Molex to power the Aquaero. I started to fill the loop using my power supply.

The moment I switched on the power supply with just the pumps connected, I can smell some smoke coming from the back of the case. Upon checking, its the Molex to SATA wire that I did use to power the Aquaero.

The molex wire to sata was puchased from Ebay several years ago. The copper wire was so thin and it had only few copper and it melted.

I plug the the Aquaero directly to power supply molex and both pumps and the Aquaero are working now and everything is back to normal.

Lesson learned is never use a molex to sata adapter to power the Aquaero.

BTW is there a way I can make a request to Aquacomputer if they can sell concentrated Double protect Ultra to make a liter of coolant? because the cost of freight to ship the 1 liter to my country is more than the cost of coolant itself. I am willing to shell out 10 euros for a 100ml small bottle. Maybe Aquacomputer should look into this.

Lesson learned indeed! Thankfully you got away without damage. Bneg from the Overclock.net forums tells the story of cheap cables that killed most of one his systems I believe and almost started a fire.
A couple dollars more is worth it in the long run but it is always easy to assume a cable is a cable so paying more is a waste. Not all cables are equal of any kind.

I have seen some real dangerous ones in my time, especially from Ebay / China specials