• 16.04.2024, 15:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lese dir bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest du dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um dich zu registrieren oder informiere dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls du dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden.

Farbwerk 360 Connections

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 18:43

Hi, I have a few 3 pin drgb lights that I would like to manage using the farbwerk 360. Can these be connected and do they need anything special?
»enzomatik« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • rgb-3pin-1.jpg (68,57 kB - 359 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 4. April 2024, 18:49)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »enzomatik« (9. Juli 2019, 18:47)

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 21:20

no one can answer this without additional Information.
The connector does not show anything about the LED controller that is used on the LED side.
There are a number of different LED Controllers, that require different Data input.

The LEDs can be connected to the Farbwerk, because they have a +5V and GND. You need to find out which Pins on the Farbwerk deliver +5V and GND.
The Problem is, that no one knows if the LED controllers are compatible and if you can change the LED Color with the Farbwerk.
This depends on the LED Controller used on the LED side, and if that controller can process the data sent from the Farbwerk.

You may need to build a custom adapter cable. Because the Pin configuration of the Farbwerk is not listed in the Manual, I dont know which Pin delivers +5V and GND.
If you connect the LED incorrectly, you will damage the LEDs, and it may cause damage the Farbwerk and other Components, like the Mainboard and Power Supply Unit.

I strongly suggest you to buy compatible LED Stipes from the Aquacomputer Shop.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (9. Juli 2019, 21:35)

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 21:33

Enzomatik, that looks like a fairly standard digital rgb pinout. Do you know if these are 5v powered? Can you share what manufacturer and model they are?

I've successfully made custom cables to adapt the farbwerk 360 to control thermaltake and phantek 5v digital rgb products, thanks to the rgbpx pinout provided by Noryss on this forum.
Aquacomputer doesn't yet provide adapter cables for these scenario yet, that I know about.

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 23:25

Let me clarify - My CPU block, GPU block and water distribution panel all have led strips built in that are addressable. They all use that 3 pin cable (5v) and plug into a drgb splitter which is connected to my Asus motherboard. Asus aura has bad lighting options imo and so I want to connect them to the farbwerk 360 so I can manage the lights in aqua suite.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 02:05

Ok then. If you're handy with a soldering iron, and willing to accept the risks of modding, you can make your own adapters. I would recommend getting some rgbpx cables, and some 5v 3pin drgb extensions. This way you can hack up cheaper parts, and keep your original connectors intact on the stuff you already have.

You can get the rgbpx pinout from this thread, attached to post #2:
RGBpx wiring Diagram

Since your devices are 3pin 5v drgb, you won't be able to chain them together, so ignore the white wire. Instead you'll have to make 3 adapters and dedicate 1 channel for each item.

From the picture in your initial post, just match up the 5v, data, and ground wires to the ones noted in the picture found in the thread linked above.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 05:37

Thank you for the information, that looks like it would solve my problem. Now, is it possible to connect 2x farbwerk 360s to a single aquaero 6? I will have one in place already to control the corsair fans in my rig.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 14:32

I asked on May 15th when the aquabus connection of the farbwerk 360's will be enabled and ready for use, and Sebastian replied back with "not in the next 12 months" :(

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 14:49

What do you expect from the bus functionality?
You can transfer sensors to the farbwerk via USB. Currently we see no benefit from a aquabus connection. But this can change with upcoming updates.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 16:06

Sebastion, correct me if I'm wrong - 1 farbwerk 360 will be the connected to the aquaero 6 via quadro and splitty 4 to control corsair fan speeds and lights. The 2nd farbwerk just needs to be connected to usb to control the cpu block, gpu block and distro plate lights? No need for an aquaero connection?

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 16:24

The aquabus interface from farbwerk 360 is currently NOT implemented in the device software, not in the farbwerk 360, not in the aquaero.
Currently we have no plans to implement it.
It makes no sense to connect the aquabus from the farbwerk 360.
The aquabus connector is a possible expansion interface for new features. But currently the connector has no function.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 17:00

A use case for myself, is that I currently have my 2 x farbwerk 360's controlling rgb lighting for the following:
  • CPU block (RGBpx strip)
  • GPU block (RGBpx strip)
  • Reservoir (RGBpx strip)
  • Hard tubes (Thermaltake Pacific RGB Plus fittings)
  • RAM (Thermaltake Pacific R1 Plus)
  • Fan rings (Phanteks Halos Lux Digital)
  • AmbientPX for three monitors

Most of these components have temperature-based lighting patterns. Yes, the Aquasuite service does pass this information along from the sensors in my Aquastream Ultimate, but having the water temp passed along through the aquabus would mean the farbwerk could see the water temp immediately, and not require the windows service, or wait for the computer to finish starting up and load it.

Not a big need, especially since I don't have an Aquaero, but technically this is an example that would benefit from the connection.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »TigerFire13« (10. Juli 2019, 17:02)

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 17:05

The aquabus interface from farbwerk 360 is currently NOT implemented in the device software, not in the farbwerk 360, not in the aquaero.
Currently we have no plans to implement it.
It makes no sense to connect the aquabus from the farbwerk 360.
The aquabus connector is a possible expansion interface for new features. But currently the connector has no function.

Ah I see (I think). I have all this stuff on order but don't currently have them in hand. So the farbwerk is just standalone (but uses the software) and connects to usb. The splitty4 and quadro is what connects to the aquaero for fan control?

Also I'm thinking it might be better to just replaced the led strips in my blocks instead of having to splice different wires together.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »enzomatik« (10. Juli 2019, 17:10)

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 19:03

Enzomatik,

What blocks do you have? I've successfully replaced the strip that came with my Alphacool Eisblock XPX w/ Aurora frame, that was really simple to switch out.
The Swiftech Komodo NV-LE gpu block was a different story, so I just ran a strip along the bottom edge and used black vinyl to hide it.

Another upside of using RGBpx strips is you can chain them together and reduce the number of channels/connectors being used, while still having individual controllers for the strips.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 19:55

TigerFire13,
I have an ek velocity drgb, kyrographics 2080 ti and barrow water board block. These should all be easy to change the led strip. Using the RGBpix strips I should theoretically be able to use 1 farbwerk 360 for them and all the fans.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 20:08

That Kryographics block is a thing of beauty! If it fit my 1080, I would definitely have gone with one of those. I've got a standard rgb (non-addressable) velocity waterblock on my other machine, and would be very interested in how swapping that led strip works out for you, good luck! When you're done, maybe check in aquasuite and see how much power the led's are drawing from the farbwerk 360. it sounds like you don't have a ton of devices and would probably be fine, but it is still something to watch out for.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019, 20:24

Yes, the kyrographics is a pretty block and an excellent performer too, I would say it's the best reference block for the 2080 ti. The EK block has to be opened to change the strip, 2 screws and it's done. The biggest strip for sure is the view 71 water board, it's a pretty big water board. I will keep you posted, waiting on parts from overseas to start.