• 19.04.2024, 12:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sonntag, 20. Februar 2022, 08:17

Update:

I am fairly there is something going on with software here.

I finally got around to setting up my second operating system: I use one for daily and normal games, and another purely for VR. I got the dual boot of the VR one set up today. I installed the drivers I needed to, and AquaSuite. I imported the Pump and LeakShield settings that I had exported from my main install.

The LeakShield now has a constant set point at a high level (over 400 millibar). I changed it to the "Use adaptive pressure preset" in the LeakShield set up, and it operates exactly the same way. Changing pump speed has no impact on the LeakShield's set point: It keeps going to max pressure in the new install.

The only thing I can think, is that I played around with "Virtual Flow Rate" on my main install. Even though I have attempted to disable it, perhaps there is some bug, or feature, where that existing virtual flow rate data is somehow impacting the adaptable set point on my main install, where the new install on the VR machine does not have any flow data, even incorrect data, and therefore runs max pressure all the time.

Dienstag, 22. Februar 2022, 13:00

Update:

the machine was operating as expected, with release/shield cycles taking the pressure up to the set point and holding.

I powered off the machine for the first since my last cleaning update... It was off for approximately 4 hours.

On return I powered the machine on and it did cycle pressure up to maximum... I noticed this and once the software booted up (after a restart with admin and manual start of the service), it ran with lower than expected pressure (under the set point) and triggered an alarm after some minutes (frequent pressure loss). I recognised this behaviour, let the water temperature warm to operating (35 deg C, around 10 more than ambient), and redid numerous release/shield cycles. Every single time the patter is the same (see attached): it rises above set point, and falls some level below it. The calculated fill level, is again lower than expected (currently 74%).

My prediction is that if I power off the machine for some hours again, on boot, it will bring pressure up and it will fall even further below set point, closer to minimum, until eventually the original problem persists.

I am absolutely certain this has to do with condensation forming on the membrane, exacerbated by the cooling of the parts on the recent shutdown.

I really have no idea how to manage this, or if it is reflective of a faulty membrane, but it will be a difficult problem to accept, that I need to clean/dry the membrane each boot cycle.

I have emailed customer service before the weekend and am waiting on a response.

Will update when I know more

EDIT: note the change at 22:48:45 is my change of the pump from 40% to 50%, in an effort to drive up the set point and assess its impact on the behaviour of the pressure rise and fall on release/shield mode cycles.
»gavogavo« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Screenshot (43).png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gavogavo« (22. Februar 2022, 13:03)

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 01:40

So it's doing the exact same thing that it was doing in your post dated Feb 20. This is very interesting. I hope that the AQS devs take a look at this and comment.

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022, 01:44

Exactly.

To confirm, I have been running it since the last post... It holds pressure, but it certainly does not return the pressure back to the set point after release. Just did a release/shield mode and it's behaving exactly as I predicted: on re-pressurisation, it increases above set point and drops instantly to approx 50% between set point and minimum. It will get closer to minimum over time (release/shield cycles will drift further and further from set point).

I agree: I hope they can take a look as I am mostly sure this is software... perhaps it's membrane or solenoid but I can't speak to that... the reproducible nature of it makes me think it is software

Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2022, 11:47

I have tried to email twice this week and no response received :( The problem is now back again with the system pumping only enough pressure to take to minimum, which falls, then alarms go off. I hope I am not expected to clean and dry the leakshield membrane once every 5-6 days.

Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2022, 12:01

I have tried to email twice this week and no response received
https://aquacomputer.de/Impressum_und_Datenschutz.html

Zitat

PLEASE NOTE:

Zitat

Due to a high volume of inquiries, it currently takes up to two weeks to respond to e-mails.

Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2022, 13:09

I had not seen that.

I'll wait for a reply. Thank you for the update.

Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2022, 23:20

Update: My opinion on my problem has changed... cleaning the membrane is giving diminishing results.... It is now not even letting me a Release/Shield cycle as it sometimes triggers an alarm during the test, as it just did.

I think a new membrane is required per one of the mods comments earlier in this post.

Freitag, 25. Februar 2022, 00:07

Update: My opinion on my problem has changed... cleaning the membrane is giving diminishing results.... It is now not even letting me a Release/Shield cycle as it sometimes triggers an alarm during the test, as it just did.

I think a new membrane is required per one of the mods comments earlier in this post.
Sounds like it. I guess getting a new membrane would be better than having to RMA the entire LeakShield. Is the membrane easily replaceable by the end user?

Freitag, 25. Februar 2022, 08:20

Have no idea. There's nothing I can see in the manual about it nor anywhere online, nor can I find the membrane itself. I'm just going by the earlier comment in here from Stephan on the 18th February, where he said it can be easily replaced without opening the LeakShield.

I'll update when I hear back from customer service, but right now It looks like I am going to have to switch my Leakshield to "release" and use it like a lid until the new membrane arrives.

Donnerstag, 21. April 2022, 22:27

This thread was linked by another forum member having Leak Shield issues and I see that it went dead with no resolution. What ever happened with this? Did you get a response to your email from support? Did you get a new membrane?