• 27.04.2024, 16:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Re: Question regarding Evo capacity

Montag, 11. August 2003, 14:27

Zitat von »Chrizzz«

Dont do that! There is absolutely no reason for "creating" 2 Systems. HDDs are producing heat at around 5-10W. This is nothing. Just make one system an save some money at this part ;)
The Evo240 will be enough and it will give you good (and quiet) temps, thats for sure!

Especially regarding the low thermal-power output of the harddisks it would be appropriate to give them their own system. They then can be kept cool (~30°) with a very slow and quiet fan. The GPU,NB and CPU can handle much bigger temperatures (~60°) without any problems. If you use a EVO 360 withOUT fans to cool them it would be enough (and really noiseless).

If you use only ONE system, you have to cool your GPU,NB and CPU down to the temperatures the HDDs need - and therefore would have to use more/faster/noisy fans!

A 360 passive for the chips and a 120 with a slow fan for the hdds (and the watercooled PSU) can do the job noiseless. I have a 240 with 2 fans in my case (for CPU,NB,GPU,HD,PSU) and i can actually HEAR them! (Not the fans themselve but the AIR comming out of the case...)

I (in some distant future) will reconfigure my system to fit my above advices. I would recommend you don't make the same design-flaw i did.

If you drop the 12V-Eheim pump from your budget and replace it with 2 1046 you could realise this system without exceeding your financial limits to much.

Greetings
god0815

Edit:
If you use valves you don't need two Aquatubes for two systems - another way to save money. (To fill your system up you just use two valves to connect your two systems. When they are filled and you want to use your PC you close the valves (and thereby disconnect them) and the two systems can work independently with different temperatures...)

Montag, 11. August 2003, 18:27

Zitat

speaking of noise: your PSU is probably another source! you should think about modding it with one large 120mm-fan at 7 or 5 volt or (since you appear to be quite wealthy... 5 aquadrives... pfuuh  ) buy a watercooled PSU like the aquapower (which has a 230V-plug included) or the coolcurrent. both can be found in ACs shop

Currently I have an Antec TrueBlue 480Watt PSU installed, which has a very acceptable noise level, as in my current system the harddrives are the noise-sinners.
In a fanatic system modding the PSU would ofcouse be apporiate.

The AquaDrives are actually more for the noise than the cooling. But when warping up your harddrives heat is always an isue.

Zitat

If you drop the 12V-Eheim pump from your budget and replace it with 2 1046 you could realise this system without exceeding your financial limits to much.

How's the pump's noise level? Are they virtually silent, as 2 would increase the total dB level.

BTW, 2 AquaTubes is a must, as the PC70 case is practically built for it :)

MojoMC

Montag, 11. August 2003, 21:36

Zitat von »Nightreaver«

...The AquaDrives are actually more for the noise than the cooling. But when warping up your harddrives heat is always an isue.

How's the pump's noise level? Are they virtually silent, as 2 would increase the total dB level.

Aquadrives are not very good in lowering the noise. Several people claimed about that.

The normal 230V Eheim 1046 is 99% noiseless as long as no air is in the pump. You should care about the vibration of the pump; if the pump is attached to the case to strong the case could make vibration noise.
Willkommen in Bruchtal, Mr. Anderson.

Montag, 11. August 2003, 22:43

Zitat von »MojoMC«

Aquadrives are not very good in lowering the noise. Several people claimed about that.

What!... hmmm, that kind of ruins everything! :(

Zitat

The normal 230V Eheim 1046 is 99% noiseless as long as no air is in the pump. You should care about the vibration of the pump; if the pump is attached to the case to strong the case could make vibration noise.

Cool... a few rubber-thingies should do the trick... :)

Montag, 11. August 2003, 22:59

erm...
actually the aquadrives do quite a good job calming your hdds down ;)
what they NOT do is making them noiseless, but i doubt they would be much louder than the fans on the radiator (even if you use the silent papst fans ;))

btw:
i bet you won't describe the noise level of your psu as 'acceptable' when you find it being the by far loudest piece of hardware in your pc...
trust me, i know what i'm talking about ::)

ps:
sorry for my bad english ;)

Montag, 11. August 2003, 23:28

Zitat von »r1ppch3n«

ps:
sorry for my bad english ;)

and i for my bad German, Dutch and English, hehe ;D

mfg,

ThaDog
Ich hasse Apple ;) --- 15" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,0 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GT 750M mit 2 GB GDDR5 --- 13" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 3,0 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 3,5 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD --- iPad mini "White", 64 GB Wifi --- iPhone 6, 128 GB "White" --- Apple TV (2012) --- Airport Extreme --- Time Capsule 2 TB --- Apple Rockt :thumbsup: --- 05.10.2011 - R.I.P. Steve Jobs :(

Montag, 11. August 2003, 23:51

Zitat von »r1ppch3n«

erm...
actually the aquadrives do quite a good job calming your hdds down ;)
what they NOT do is making them noiseless, but i doubt they would be much louder than the fans on the radiator (even if you use the silent papst fans ;))

Nice to hear, but are they worth the money?

Zitat von »r1ppch3n«

btw:
i bet you won't describe the noise level of your psu as 'acceptable' when you find it being the by far loudest piece of hardware in your pc...
trust me, i know what i'm talking about ::)

Hmm, well.... the TrueBlue and other Antecs are known to be very quiet, but you are probably right anyway :)

But now I don't know wether or not to buy the AquaDrives :/

Dienstag, 12. August 2003, 00:26

You can put your hdd's in aquadrives and then seal them in a sound-surpressing box stuffed with 'Schaumstoff' (?) That should take care of heat AND sound ;)

I'm sorry to say that I'm not very impressed by the performance of my own aquadrive... You can still hear the disk...

god0815

Dienstag, 12. August 2003, 00:52

Zitat von »god0815«

You can put your hdd's in aquadrives and then seal them in a sound-surpressing box stuffed with 'Schaumstoff' (?) That should take care of heat AND sound ;)

Good one!

Zitat von »god0815«

I'm sorry to say that I'm not very impressed by the performance of my own aquadrive... You can still hear the disk...

Sad :/ That killed the idea, has to be surpreme at that price...

Dienstag, 12. August 2003, 01:32

Zitat von »Nightreaver«

Sad :/ That killed the idea, has to be surpreme at that price...

Its not THAT supreme... but still quiete nice ;)
You dont get a REALLY noisey HDD quietly, but a pretty silence one will be unhearable afterwards ;)
Signatur out of date...

Dienstag, 12. August 2003, 01:45

Zitat von »Chrizzz«

Its not THAT supreme... but still quiete nice ;)
You dont get a REALLY noisey HDD quietly, but a pretty silence one will be unhearable afterwards ;)

Argh, you guys have to give me a break! How am I ever going to make up my mind? :)

Well, thx for all your thoughts!