• 23.04.2024, 12:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New system help

Montag, 3. Januar 2005, 15:25

ok sorry thought id start a new thread.

so basically im looking at the pc70 system to house my dual xeon system, which is oc'ed from 2.4 to 3.6 im looking to watercool:

2x cpu with the cuplex pro, there seems to be different versions ? which ones best to get?

1x northbridge, im using a asus pc-dl so would a twinplex for p4 type 1 work?

for a pump im going to go for the aquastream version

ok this is where i get stuck i want to put a vrm cooling block on, but u guys dont make one so found one here
http://www.h2o-computer.com/main.php?detail=686

i believe it uses 1/8inch tubing, now what size tubing comes with the pc-70 system ? is it the plug and cool, if u can choose, is the plug and cool the best way to go ? and how easy would it be to implement the vrm cooler into the system ?

last question i read that the pc-70 has a setting where u can control the fans in 3 levels? how is this achieved? and what sort of noise levels can be expected?

finially if there is any vital information im overlooking please feel free to add.

am i looking at this the right way, or should, i just buy the case and install the radiator myself, would a 160mm radiator be enough, or do i need more, is it possible to put a 360 radiator on the top of the pc-70 instead ?

Re: New system help

Montag, 3. Januar 2005, 16:16

Two versions of the Cuplex pro? Maybe you mean the silver edition? If so you don't need it - it's only eye candy and will not noteworthy improve cooling performance.
Get the copper version and be happy ;)

A VRM (? *g*) colling block is available at Aqua Computer Berlin:

Copper version costs 17,90 Euro, aluminium 15,90 Euro. You should use thermal-glue to install them. But be warned: once installed it's really hard to get them off.

Plug n Cool is always 8/6 mm. It's easy to use and safe if you cut the tube off straight.

The fan controller for the two fans at the front of the PC-70 is very simple. It's a small circuit board with a slider which is mounted under the power- and hdd-led.
You can choose between 5, 7 and 12V. 5 is silent, 7 is noticeable and 12 just sucks ;D

It's no problem to mount the APE360 at the top of the case. It's also possible to mount APE360 AND Aquatube. There is enough space.

I think a 160 radiator won't be enough for a dual system. You should get at least the APE360.

You could take a look at my old Photostory. The PC-75 is identical to the PC-70 but it has a side-window.
Maybe you get some ideas cause there a lot of pictures.

Montag, 3. Januar 2005, 23:49

wow, thats a great help, i think i can manage to put a radiator ontop of the case easily enough, i noticed you installed the aquatube in the floppy disk drivers? was much modification needed here, u said something about aqua spacer? if i decide to mount the aquatube where it is on the pc70 system, im i understanding right that you can purchase the aquabay at1.5 art nr 34902, is that how they mount it in the pc70 system you sell ?

with regards to pumps, is there much difference between the aquastream and say the eheim ? is the reason you didnt use the aquasteam in your pc75 because you didnt have a 3,5inch drive to mount it in ?

thanks for your help so far, really made me see that diy is the best way to go, how ever simple the project is !!

Dienstag, 4. Januar 2005, 00:46

Installing the Aquatube at the front is easy but you should know the following: the mounting-plate is ~2-3mm too short in the witdh. If you install it without a "spacer" or something else you will have a small gap on the left and the right.

With the Aquabay you can easily install the aquatube in two 5.25" drive slots. An nice feature: you can mount the pump at the backplate of the Aquabay. It builds up a compact unit.

The Version in the precast PC-70 uses a aluminium front. It differs a bit from the real Lian Li aluminium. The aluminium front can be found under 'ersatzteile' in the shop.

The Aquastram pump is a Eheim too. It's a modified 1046 with a motor that runs with 9V. The controller transfoms the 12V DC of the PSU to 9V AC.
Both pumps are good but the Aquastram is a bit quieter and if you use it togehter with the Aquaero you are able to overclock the pump.

The reason why I didn't use the Aquastream: it didn't exist when I ordered the first time ;D

But now I have one :)

Zitat

...in the pc70 system you sell ?

Only for you information. I'm not a worker at Aqua Computer. I'm just a user like you ;)

Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005, 15:55

hey, ive being trying to work out the process for how you installed the aqua tube in the 3 1/2 inch floppy drive, i understand the u take all the face plates out, and then you talk about the spacer you made, how did you make it, and how does that attach it self to the aquatube and the front of the case, possible i can have some instructions ?

also you say your using the aquastream pump, ive noticed another user using the same pump in the pc 70 http://forum.aqua-computer.de/index.php?…&threadID=87893

but he's not using the 3,1/2 inch drive bay that tells you the status of the pump, is it possible to use it with out this ?

with regards to the fan controller on the pc 70 is it possible to control the 2 case fans and then also controller the 3 x 120 mm fans in the radiator?

Cheers !!

Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005, 16:53

The spacer lies more or less between the case and the original plate. Here is a sketch where you can see what I mean:

I'm sure that the user is using the controller too. It's nearly impossible to run it without. Only way to go would be a transformer with 9V AC and that is only recommend as a emergency solution if the controller is faulty.
There are a lot of ways to hide the controller within the case ;)
My controller ist attached to the back of the aquaero which tells me everything about the current status.

It should be possible to connect the 3x 120mm fans to the small controller but I have no idea if it can handle such a power consumption if you run them with 12V.

I have an other idea for you ;)

You could get the Zalman Multi-Connector...

... and attach/modify the fan-connectors to your needs.
The picture shows two connectors with 12V (black) and two with 5V (white).

Black + red = 5V
Red + yellow = 7V
Black + yellow = 12V

(Masse = ground)

Dienstag, 18. Januar 2005, 23:32

hi ok we'll its coming to the time in the next week where im going to order everything

so basically im going to buy a lian li pc-70 and mod that,

im going to get the ac 360 kit, and build that in, when ordering the kit, ive noticed it comes with 1 xcpu cooler can i choose which one i want ?

whats the difference between the cuplex rev 1.1 over the rev 1.3 ?

do i need to buy a heatsink reteation plate for the back of the mb

what was the northbridge cooler for an asus pcdl ?

im going to buy 2 of the vrm coolers and put them next to each other, will the flow of water be ok, the setup will be 2 xcpu 1xnb and 2xvrm what order should i put them in for best setup ?

shoggy looking at the space help, one question tho i noticed the size was 108 x 108, what thickness is the metal being used? and are the screws suplied with the aqua pump long enough ?

i take it this the the spacer here http://www.shoggy.de/ac_forum/outtake_6g.jpg

the pump does this work better on the base of the case or higher up, if its on the base, i take it, that it needs to be drilled ?

Im also going to get the aquaero, does anything seperatly have to be purcahsed for this to work, or are all the temperature sensors and fan connectors included ?

Now probably the bit that im forgetting the most, connectors this is where my german isnt very good and cant work out what i need, what sort of connectors do i and tubing do i need to use the plug n cool ?

last question :)

for bluemotion what do i need to get, does it work best with clear tubing, then putting a neon light next to it, what color uvs are those is that just black light that ur using ?

ok anything else that im forgetting, sorry for all the questions i just dont want to forget anything, hate to order it all and forget a small part, then have to wait to reorder it.

Dienstag, 18. Januar 2005, 23:34

Zitat von »propurple«

hi ok we'll its coming to the time in the next week where im going to order everything

so basically im going to buy a lian li pc-70 and mod that,

im going to get the ac 360 kit, and build that in, when ordering the kit, ive noticed it comes with 1 xcpu cooler can i choose which one i want ?

whats the difference between the cuplex rev 1.1 over the rev 1.3 ?

do i need to buy a heatsink reteation plate for the back of the mb

what was the northbridge cooler for an asus pcdl ?

im going to buy 2 of the vrm coolers and put them next to each is Wärmeleitpaste Arctic Céramique ok for the job ? other, will the flow of water be ok, the setup will be 2 xcpu 1xnb and 2xvrm what order should i put them in for best setup ?

shoggy looking at the space help, one question tho i noticed the size was 108 x 108, what thickness is the metal being used? and are the screws suplied with the aqua pump long enough ?

i take it this the the spacer here http://www.shoggy.de/ac_forum/outtake_6g.jpg

the pump does this work better on the base of the case or higher up, if its on the base, i take it, that it needs to be drilled ?

Im also going to get the aquaero, does anything seperatly have to be purcahsed for this to work, or are all the temperature sensors and fan connectors included ?

Now probably the bit that im forgetting the most, connectors this is where my german isnt very good and cant work out what i need, what sort of connectors do i and tubing do i need to use the plug n cool ?

last question  :)

for bluemotion what do i need to get, does it work best with clear tubing, then putting a neon light next to it, what color uvs are those is that just black light that ur using ?

ok anything else that im forgetting, sorry for all the questions i just dont want to forget anything, hate to order it all and forget a small part, then have to wait to reorder it.

Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2005, 01:32

360 Kit
This Kit has no cooler! You have to purchase it separate.

Cuplex 1.1 vs. 1.3
No idea why you want to know that because the shop has 1.3 only. The older versions have some differences at the copper surface and the plastic.
Or maybe you mean the cuplex evo with 1.1?

If so: the cuplex evo has a little bit better cooling performance. Buy what you like, the performance differnce is too small to say that the evo is worth its higher price. It costs more because there is more copper processed.

Flow of water
The order doesn't really matter. The temperature is neraly the same at every point in the system.
If you want to make sure to have a good flow you shuld get the cuplex 1.3 instead of cuplex evo. The evo has a bit higher resistance.

Spacer
I used the cut-out for airplex from the case as material. It's just the normal Lian Li aluminium.
The screws are long enough.

Position of pump
Doesn't matter too ;D Install it where you like. A lower position will help to fill the system without bigger problems.
You don't have to mount the pump with screws but it's more comfortable because so it can't move.

Aquaero
You have everything you need to run it. You will get 4 senors (2x70cm, 2x40cm) but you could connect up to six. If you want more or longer ones you have to buy them additional.
Fans are connected directly to the aquaero. If you need longer cables or want to connect two fans to one connector you will have to buy such a cable or adapter.

Well, and then you have a lot of optional accessories. If you are going to use the aquastream pump you should only order the pump and controller (it's cheaper cause you won't get the 3.5" plate). So you can mount the controller to the back of the aquaero. You also will need the connection cable "aquaero-aquastream ab Rev. 1.5 Verbindungskabel 10 cm".

If you want to check the flow you will need the sensor "Sensoren für das aquaero: Durchflusssensor", the connectors "Anschlusssatz für G1/4" and it's connection cable "Anschlusskabel für Durchflusssensor (für aquaero)".

Want the aquaero to shut down your system in case of emergency (too high temperature, no waterflow etc.) you will need "aquaero power connect ATX-Standby-Adapter 70 cm" and "Stecker 2pol. für Relaisausgang (für aquaero)".

Connectors / PnC
You will always need PnC connectors. They are set by default so you can't do anything wrong in the shop.

Nearly everything works with G1/8 PnC. The only things in the shop wich works with G1/4 PnC are the radiators and the waterflow sensor.

In the shop is a select-box "Bitte Anschlüsse auswählen:". Choose PnC and if you want them...

gerade ->

or

gewinkelt ->

Bluemotion
Bluemotion is evil ;D I recommend to get the active blue tube. You can find it under zubehör -> Schläuche zum plug&cool-System. That tubes glows very nice when using uv-light (blacklight).

------

The best would be that you do a virtual order and post your list here so that we can see if everything is correct.

Freitag, 21. Januar 2005, 03:06

order list

1x AC High End 360 Supply Kit (aquastream 3.0, 12v)
2x cuplex PRO Vierloch-Halterung Xeon (plugncool gerade)
1x twinplex CP4-Typ 3 (plugncool gerade)
1x aquaero 3.07 mit LC-Display blau/weiss
1x aquaero-aquastream ab Rev. 1.5 Verbindungskabel 10 cm
2x Anschlusssatz für G1/4 ?????
2x Winkelverbinder plug&cool (Kunststoff)
Schlauch PUR natur plugncool 4 meters enough ?
2 x vrm blocks

ok so i think thats everything i need, starting for the top

with the kit, doesnt give you the option in the shop to choose connectors, does it already come with plug+cool,

For the radiator i take it that already comes with the plug and cool fittings on already ? same with aquatube ?

Shoggy didnt quite understand what u meant when u said

"If you are going to use the aquastream pump you should only order the pump and controller (it's cheaper cause you won't get the 3.5" plate)."

how do u do this ?

and the papst fans are they 4 pin or 3 pin, because i thikn the aquaero is 4 pins am i wrong ?

is there anything else im missing, to get everything going ?

Freitag, 21. Januar 2005, 15:40

The order list seems to be ok.

If I were you I would use the cuplex instead of the cuplex pro. The resistance of the pro is quite higher and you are going to use two of them... In my opionion that's not a good idea. It would work but the question is how it will affect water flow.

The kit (radiator, aquatube) already have 'gerade' PnC connectors. You won't need to buy '2x Anschlusssatz für G1/4' (it also would be wrong cause the aquatube has G1/8).

The aquaero has two windings on its back where you can mount the auqastream controller. Here is a photo, I can't find a better one. If you take a closer look you can see some parts of the aquastream controller. The small grey cable is the 'Verbindungskabel'.

If you would use that combination you won't need the 3.5" front-plate. Well, therefore you are ordering the kit it doesn't matter.

And don't get confused: that is a selfmade front-plate and an aquaero with a vfd-display ;)

Papst fans have a 3-pin connector like the aquaero. I would recommend to get extension cables. The cables of the fans are a bit short - especially when you are using a big tower like the PC-70 :D

Remember that the kit already has 3 meters of tube. 4 meters extra will make 7 meters ;D

A handy thing is the tube-cutter ('Schlauchschneider'):

Makes sure you will have a clean cut and the tube fits perfect within the connector. Maybe it is interesting for you.

By the way: if you want to have the aquatube in an other color (blue by default), just add this as a comment to your order.

Freitag, 21. Januar 2005, 22:46

Zitat von »Shoggy«

The order list seems to be ok.

If I were you I would use the cuplex instead of the cuplex pro. The resistance of the pro is quite higher and you are going to use two of them... In my opionion that's not a good idea. It would work but the question is how it will affect water flow.

i was talking to someone else who has 2x xeons using the cuplex pro and he said the flow wasnt that good as well,

so are the cuplex pro, the best for cooling, but then there flow isnt that good ?

what about the cuplex 1.3 ? the flow is better but the cooling isnt as good as the pro how about compared to the evo ?

then also evo ? how does that rate to the cuplex pro and the cuplex ? flow temps ect ?

cheers

Samstag, 22. Januar 2005, 01:44

The difference between all coolers is only around 1-3°C. Believe me: the best solution for you would be the normal cuplex :)

Dienstag, 12. April 2005, 07:15

its been a while since i last posted, but i finally got around to ordering everything, didnt cool the vrm due to bought a new motherboard.

Ok so everythings installed, just waiting to recieve my motherboard which should come today.

I really just want to know the beginners guide on how to set this up.

ok so this is how i was going to set it up

put all the cpu coolers and NB on top of the motherboard, connect all the tubing together.

Now for testing for leaks ? should i just connecting it all together with the motherboard in there, and just go for it ? or how should i test it ? rest the cpu coolers in the case, without the motherboard and check for leaks, then attached the parts to the motherboard ?

Also i have the flow sensor to attach, im using the pc-70 case, with the same setup as shoggy, sorry for copying :) Wheres a good place to attach the sensor ? been looking for a decent place to put it, with out the tubing having to bend alot.

For the water, its 98% distilled water, (which is the same as battery water right ?) and 2% AC. How much will i need for my system, i know the guide book gave a range, is it better to go for the high end ? its only going to 3 elements, 2x cpu and 1x NB.

The aquaero temp sensors, how should they be attached ? if i want them to meseaure cpu temp, would i put them between the cpu cooler and cpu chipset ? otherwise how would you stick them down ?

final questions, letting the machine run its self in, how do you get rid of air in the system ?

Sorry for all the questions, thats all i the question i had !! just wanted to know all the answers before i started to put it all together !!!

Thanks

Dienstag, 12. April 2005, 13:15

Zitat von »Shoggy«

A VRM (? *g*) colling block is available at Aqua Computer Berlin:

Copper version costs 17,90 Euro, aluminium 15,90 Euro. You should use thermal-glue to install them. But be warned: once installed it's really hard to get them off.

Hi Shoggy...

Is this only available from A-C Berlin or is it a standard A-C item? Is it long enough to use on a ASUS A8N-SLI board?

TIA

Dienstag, 12. April 2005, 15:04

It's only available at AC Berlin.

The other question, no idea..

Dienstag, 12. April 2005, 23:28

So it's not an A-C manufactured part or it's a special cooler manufactured by A-C strictly for A-C Berlin?

Dienstag, 12. April 2005, 23:34

i think it's not an A-C manufactured part. ac berlin is just an official reseller, so they were able to add this block in their assortment

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 16:19

any chance i can have my original questions answered ?

its been a while since i last posted, but i finally got around to ordering everything, didnt cool the vrm due to bought a new motherboard.  

Ok so everythings installed, just waiting to recieve my motherboard which should come today.

put all the cpu coolers and NB on top of the motherboard, connect all the tubing together.  

Now for testing for leaks ? should i just connecting it all together with the motherboard in there, and just go for it ? or how should i test it ? rest the cpu coolers in the case, without the motherboard and check for leaks, then attached the parts to the motherboard ?  

Also i have the flow sensor to attach, im using the pc-70 case, with the same setup as shoggy, sorry for copying   Wheres a good place to attach the sensor ? been looking for a decent place to put it, with out the tubing having to bend alot.  

For the water, its 98% distilled water, (which is the same as battery water right ?) and 2% AC. How much will i need for my system, i know the guide book gave a range, is it better to go for the high end ? its only going to 3 elements, 2x cpu and 1x NB.  

The aquaero temp sensors, how should they be attached ? if i want them to meseaure cpu temp, would i put them between the cpu cooler and cpu chipset ? otherwise how would you stick them down ?  

final questions, letting the machine run its self in, how do you get rid of air in the system ?  

Sorry for all the questions, thats all i the question i had !! just wanted to know all the answers before i started to put it all together !!!  

Thanks

Mittwoch, 13. April 2005, 16:48

Zitat von »propurple«

I do not know such a guide, sorry

Zitat

there is no right or wrong way to do that. some peoply test it outside the PC, which is of course nonsence if you do not know how long the tubes have to be.
I myselfe connected it all in the PC, put destilled water in (no ACfluid] and startet the pump, without having the PC on. so if there was a small leak the hardware wouldn't be defect because of a "kurzschluss" (don't know the word :P) and waitet a few hours

Zitat

Also i have the flow sensor to attach, im using the pc-70 case, with the same setup as shoggy, sorry for copying Wheres a good place to attach the sensor ? been looking for a decent place to put it, with out the tubing having to bend alot.

You'll probably have to try this out, the flow is the same, whereever you put it.

Zitat

Yes, the water in Batteries is usually destilled water.You don't need much of it, below 1 l I think

Zitat

you cannot measure the CPU temp which such a tem Sensor, you can just meassure the water temperature, which is almost the same in the whole cirquit

Zitat

if you test the system the way I did the air should be out afterwards. you can either wait or "shake" your PC

Zitat

Thanks

No problem, thats why we are here ;) ;D