• 19.04.2024, 03:10
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Advise needed about cooling

Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006, 10:50

Hi all,

Early march I will begin building a new computer. Partly inspired by Feeding Frenzy by Top_Nurse I asked myself wether or not a double cooling-loop would be necessary.
These components will be installed which need cooling (yes, that could change):
- AMD X2 5000+
- 2x 7800GTX 512
- HD cooler
Will I need one or two cooling-loops? If I install one double 120mm radiator would that be enough to cool this beast (for one cooling-loop)?
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Re: Advise needed about cooling

Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006, 12:35

Hi,
if you'd use only one loop you'd rather heat the HDD than cool it.
A double 120mm radiator (as the Airplex Evo 240) is sufficient if you install two Fans (you can lower the voltage to 5 or 7 V, so it is quiet)

if you really want to watercool your HDD, use a bigger radiator or a second loop.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006, 13:22

Thanks for the swift reply.
I guess I'll throw out the HDD cooler. ;D
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006, 14:41

why ???

This is no dumb question but why ???

A second loop would be great if you decided later to cool something else then it is already there. I think it would make a good future upgrade...

So do i get commision on his sale AC if he gets a second circuit ???

Well i may have sold it to him on your behalf :P

HEHEHE

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 09:38

Hahaha... of course you can get commision on my sale. Hehe, I just hope your boss thinks the same. ;D

Why? Why what?
- Why two cooling loops? Well, because it's cool (pun intended :) ).
- Why leave out the HDD cooler? Well because when I have only one cooling loop the HDD will only get hotter.

Well, now you got me confused. Please give me some more advise. ::)

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 09:42

ok what i said was why not have 2 loops because you may ish to cool the N Bridge and depending the mainboard you have, you could also cool the Voltage regulator, Also the ram too. So if you had a second loop installed you could cool all of these components, but at a later date and still. This is why i said you shud put it in now rather than later, as you will probably never end up doing it.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 11:41

Cool my RAM?! Hmm... that really sounds nice.
So, I would use the first loop to cool the following:
- Northbridge
- AMD X2 5000+
- 2GB RAM
With the second loop I cool the following:
- 2x 7800GTX 512
- 1 HDD
Both loops will be connected to their own double 120mm radiator.

Would this be the right setup?

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 11:58

i've split my two loops into one "hot" and one "cold" loop.
in the "hot" loop there's the CPU and the graphicscard (double 120mm Rad). CPU and VPU won't mind if the water temp is a little higher.
in my "cold" loop, there are the items that don't produce as much heat (HDD, Northbridge) with a single 120mm Rad
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 14:55

Hmm... interesting.
I think splitting the two loops into a cold and a hot one is a bit too inefficient.
How about this:
- Northbridge
- 2GB RAM
- AMD X2 5000+
- HDD
- 2x 7800GTX 512
These loops are in the right order; the order in which the water passes through the different components.

What kind of computercase have you used?
I have great difficulty finding a right one. All the cases are way too small to accomodate 2 double 120mm rads.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 14:59

Zitat von »Timstone«

What kind of computercase have you used?
I have great difficulty finding a right one. All the cases are way too small to accomodate 2 double 120mm rads.

a noname Bigtower
I think for installing a second double-120-rad i'd have to throw out my backup-hdd.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 15:11

Your first double 120mm rad is in the top of the case and where would you put the second?
I don;t fancy the height of the case, it makes it look very slender and tall. I ike it a bit more squat. Any ideas?
The best cases I ran into was the Lian-li V2000 (http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/S…C-V2100plus.htm)
and the V2100 (http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/S…C-V2000plus.htm).
I have a lot of wishes for my new case (special on/off and reset buttons, aquaero, 2 double 120mm rads, etc). I also want as many special parts (like the two aquatubes) to be visible. And when you have all those wishes, it's very hard to find the right case.
I also have thought about making my own case, or modding and existing case. But both options will make the costs skyhigh. Not to mention the lack or inspiration...
All help/thoughts are welcome.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 16:01

Zitat von »Timstone«

Your first double 120mm rad is in the top of the case and where would you put the second?

in the front, below the CD-Drives / the aquadrive.

maybe take a look at the CM stacker series.
if i had the money ;) that would be my choice

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 16:13

Well thanks for the recommendation, but I don't like the stacker, too dull. The internal layout isn't very efficient. And remember I was inspired to this whole concept by Feeding Frenzy. And that is being build into a V2000. I really like the internal layout of that case. But still no place for a second double 120mm rad. :(
I thought to broaden the entire case, this would given me plenty space on top to incorporate two double 120mm rads, but this is very labour intensive and without welding equipment and other metal tooling equipment this is nearly impossible to do. :-/
In the end I think I'll have to do some compromises and change the second double 120mm rad into something smaller. But untill I'm absolutely sure I have thought of everything I won't drop the second double 120mm rad.

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 19:21

Zitat von »hobbes_dmS«

in the front, below the CD-Drives / the aquadrive.

maybe take a look at the CM stacker series.
if i had the money ;) that would be my choice

Zitat von »Timstone«

Well thanks for the recommendation, but I don't like the stacker, too dull. >:(

Woot!

:P

Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006, 20:01

My answer still stands. Hehe...  :D

Nice and compact build computer though. Top notch!

Freitag, 27. Januar 2006, 07:25

thank you but cud a bin betta, but was waiting on parts for so long i just rushed it so i cud have my pc back. ( yet another AC issue ) :o

But yeah new project is taking shape, well thats if Ac will volunteer the scimatics of the plates. I cud do it by hand but omfg i wud fuk it rite up. But as usual u email AC and am i suprised about no email. Hmmmm..... nope. ITS AN AC ISSUE and we all seem to live with the shoddy "not shoggy" support. info@aquacomputer.de@taking_the_piss.com

Freitag, 27. Januar 2006, 08:20

Maybe it's the tone of your e-mail? I usually get an answer fairly quickly, but I try and be polite when I am trying to get someone to do something for me. :)

Freitag, 27. Januar 2006, 09:00

I intend to incline with Top Nurse. It's all about the tone of the e-mail. That and correct spelling. ;D
No quick internet-language allowed in such e-mails.

Muffdiver:
Do you have a drawing of your plan with the two stackers or something like that? Then I can see what you're up to. I'm very curious.

Freitag, 27. Januar 2006, 10:19

A question about the Ramplex RAM-cooler. It can be settled over two RAM-modules, but will there be any room to fit another Ramplex? This way you can cool four RAM modules. But is this possible?

Freitag, 27. Januar 2006, 13:56

Yes, on the most mainboards you can mount two of them.