• 18.04.2024, 07:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Re: aquasuite beta: .NET 2.0

Dienstag, 23. Januar 2007, 16:22

virtualrain, you contradict yourself.

In the second to the last entry you wanted to speed up the fans when the temperature of the CPU is rising, now in your last entry it seems you don't want to do that - because when the water temperature is rsing (no matter why), the CPU's temperature will too :P

So why should I especially care about the influence of the room temperature when it also affects the water temperature including the CPU temperature.

Let's say my CPU is idle and has 30°C while the room temperature is 20°C. Well, it's summer (in this example *g*), the sun is coming around the corner and is heating the room up to 25°C. If I don't change the fan settings, theoretical the water temperature should also rise by 5°C. Now it's your turn - tell me why I should ignore the room temperature?

Next example concerning the control via the core-temperature. I load a very large Photoshop file with hundrets of layers and it takes ~1 minute. Of course, the CPU is at full load while loading and the core temperature is rising pretty fast. With your "logic" I should start the fans now. I have only one simple question: why?!
In that 60 seconds the water temperature hardly rises so there is no need to start/speed up the fans. Even if I would start/speed up the fans it's impossible to ge any real advantage in that short time.

As said before: with a fan-controlling dependent on the core temperature you will get a permanent up and down of the fans while using the water temperature will only start/speed up the fans when it is really necessary.

I don't know what processor and energy sheme you are using but my core temperature never stays the same (expect 100% idle/load) and moves between ~30-45°C - and that pretty fast when I start or load something here and there.

Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2007, 00:26

I agree,
The temperature of the watter is the first sensor. Adaptative limite of the max and the min of this sensor is important because the delta beetwin watter temperature and room temperature is constant (to 5 ~ 10°c). So in summer, put the min at 26° and the max at 31°c is non sens. the room temperature is, by exemple, 31°c (good summer !). So, in this case, put the min to 33 and the max to 38°C is good for the noise of the fan !

drbo

Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2007, 23:48

After playing around with the beta (from my laptop), I have a suggestion of adding pump control (Hz) as a function of temperature.

At least to me this seems logical, but I was not able to find this function. I want this function because I am in into WC for silence, and thus wants as low frequency as possible at all time, but at the same time have an automatic increase in water flow when needed. 8)

So what I wish for is a step function of pump frequencies (Hz), with four or five steps - of my choosing ...) regulated by temp readings from one or two temp sensors. ::)
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Oxize

Montag, 29. Januar 2007, 19:58

Zitat von »virtualrain«

I respectfully disagree.  When the core temperature goes from 30 to 50-deg C you want your fans to ramp up immediately.  Core temp's don't fluctuate that much... when the CPU is under load they are high and when its not under load they quickly fall.

Well sorry to correct you. But it does. All new motherboards have buggy onboard sensors. I tested manny tempeture readings with a special Laster Tempeture reader (verry accurate). Didnt saw any good motherboard (MSI, Asus, Abit, Gigabyte, etc) who give some real good info.

After PIII and AMD K7 (amd xp) mobo fabricants made more functions to inside those sensors, and they get only worser.

The only accurate sensors i know were on the Pentium 1/2/3 and K6 mobo's. Good old time :(

Never trust nowadays on onboard sensors. They are buggy as hell. Even for my own motherboard "Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe" my core temp fluctuate like a easter egg bunny.  ;D

Trust on AC their stuff ;) or get some expensive temperature readers (laser, sondes, etc)

Ich bin ein Tukker :)

Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2007, 19:54

aquasuite 4.42.12 Beta is online now. This version is compatible with Vista 64.

drbo

Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2007, 22:15

It works with my Vista64 Enterprise (Office/Access 2007) and .Net 3.0 :)

But still the bug where I set the fan speed or pump frequency (#) , and aquasuite shows #-1
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007, 15:58

I've got Aquaero, Power Ajust USB, Multiswitch LT and flowmeter.
So far, I havn't got the Multiswitch to be seen in the Aquasuite, when I have connevted it to the Aquaero via the small parallel cable, so don't know about the Multiswitch, but the Poweradjust and the Aquaero, the graph's texts are in german, in stead of English in english mode, and I have all .Net installed (1.1, 2.0, 2.0 Language pack (Danish) and 3.0).

Eaven tho I have marked "litre/minute", the grapf says "litre/hour" from my flow sensor.

Would be nice if it could be possible to choose between PWM/analog regulation for each port, in stead of "all or nothing".

Regards.

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007, 17:05

Zitat von »Steensen«

.. but the Poweradjust and the Aquaero, the graph's texts are in german,

Set the language to english and restart the aquasuite. Then all graph texts in english. ;)

Sebastian

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007, 18:20

Thanx Sebastian. What an obvious thing to try out first. ::)
It did the work. :)

Montag, 2. April 2007, 17:41

Hi,

just go on using the aquasuite Final Topic.

Cheers

Stefan