• 19.04.2024, 12:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

casemod:AlumaxX

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 00:52

I started with the project in december 2004. The mod is based on the Lian Li PC-V2000

and the side

I have done several mods before, but I always used low budget materials. This time I want to use topgear. The things I want to realize this time are:

• minimal noise level, but not to many concessions to the temperatures

• I want a clean look, just like the Lian Li case itself

• Almost no cables be visible, only the waterhoses in sight

The Lian Li has got a nice tray for the harddisks, but it has to be removed. I will place my harddisks in two Aquadrives that don't fit.
With.....

and without the tray

Now I will have to build a new place for those beautiful Aquadrives. First thing I do is use paper models.

The way the Aquadrives will be placed.

The HDDrack materials will be aluminium and UV reactive acryl glas. These are the raw materials. (the small aluminium strips will be used to cover up the ugly black plastic sides from the PAPST fans)

Taping in the plate and marking the places that are going to be removed.

The Dremel had some difficulties getting through the aluminium, so I decided to try it with a blade from a metal saw, that worked very well indeed.

Now the rounded corners have to be removed. I decided to use a drill, I had to do a lot of filing work anyway.

and this is how it looked after filing a couple of hours. Don't pay any attention to the scratches, they will be removed later

Let's start with the acryl glas. Here comes the paper model again  ;D

The base for the little "windows" is ready.

Those corners only have to be rounded

and then it eventually looks like this.

To give you an idea what it will look like

I've installed the Aquadrives in the new rack.

and attached the little windows.

After some weeks the watercooled Enermax PSU from Heat-trap arrived. It looks very nice, but the screws are there to be removed of course and then........

Mmmmmmmmm it would be a shame for such a beautiful waterblock not to be visible, so I will have to use my Dremel again.

Now I must make some kind of cover for the PSU and I wanted to keep using the same style that I had for the HDD rack. UV acryl glas. I wanted to see if it was easy to bend the UV acryl glas, so I heated it and tried to bend a piece.

That wasn't so hard. I made a nice piece to cover up the gaping hole.

To allow some airflow into the PSU I will install the acryl just above the metal PSU cover. Like this

The PSU will be visible in the case from this side.

A photo to give you another overview.

Re: casemod:AlumaxX

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 01:05

Nice :D
The acrylic parts look really awesome.

What I don't like that much is the water reservoir in the front, placed over the three faceplates.
A new faceplate instead of the original one with the other plate on top of it would look much nicer.

edit: Oh, and welcome to the forum ;)
C programmers never die. They are just cast into void. Neues moddingtech.de Portal online!

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 01:09

Yes it doesn't look the way I expected. But don't worry I will change the placing of that reservoir soon. It will be a lot of work but I think it will look much and much better.

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 01:27

He came here... ;D

Welcome to the forum, stay and have fun.

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 02:20

Heel mooi! Ik ben nog benieuwt hou het lijkt als et klaar is...

(?spelling?)
banner is too big, max 10 kb and 500x80 pixels.

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 12:19

Great! Will you use 2 circular flows??? Because I've seen 2 Eheim 1048!
Gegen dumme Spüche in den Signaturen

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 13:06

Oh no! I saw an Tub-O-Matic! AHHHHHHH! ;D ;D ;D

SX

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 14:45

gigantomatic ;D ;D

i love watercooled psu's. how did you find out the exact postions of the coolers??

Greets SX

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 17:56

echt een mooi project, ga door zo ! het acryl glas bevalt mij toch best :)

Zitat

en waarom zitten er schroeven in als je hem niet zou hoeven openen? Dus open dat ding

LOL

@alle nicht NL-ler:
ging um den einbau der wakü in das NT, erst sagt er wovon er keine ahnung hat rührt er nicht an, er will "nur" das nt ma öffnen *g*

Zitat

und warum ist das NT verschraubt wenn man es nicht öffnen muss ? also aufmachen das teil

*gg* ;D

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 19:12

I have made a start here with the project log. When I have more time I will post the rest. I have a question for you guys about some AC parts. I think I will use the Crystalfontz-Display grün. I don't need the the thing it is mounted in. If I buy the Ersatzdisplay LCD gruen invers SERIELL für aquabay CF and the Serielles Anschlußkabel 1,8m, is that enough to get the thing working? I believe you can download the software for it.

Samstag, 29. Januar 2005, 20:30

dude thats just nice. The Acryllic Parts look very Unique, are the UV Sensitive ?

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 12:56

Yes, it's UV reactive, a acrylpanel from A.C. Ryan.
Your dutch is very good guys, Creoboter and Messi(ah)
Ich kann die Deutsche Sprache gut lesen und verstehen aber ich finde schwierig um zu schreiben, aber wenn sie hier eine Frage stellen in Deutsch isst das kein Problem fur mich. Die Namfalle sind so verdammt schwierig ;D

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 13:02

Zitat von »DJLuciver«

Great! Will you use 2 circular flows??? Because I've seen 2 Eheim 1048!

I'm not sure yet. I haven't decided yet between two options. One circular flow or two seperate circular flows, but there will be 2 pumps in the case. The 2 FMJ-Abschirmgehäuse für 1048 will be back this week I think, they are being chromed at the moment.

A very small update. The frontplate for the Aquaero is almost finished. I only have to sand the sides with some fine sandpaper and drill the hole for the buttons with a 'verzinkboor" I don't know the english or german word for it.

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 17:34

nice work ;)

please post your Case @ www.lianlimodding.com a great LianLi Community ;)
Mein System hier --> http://www.sysprofile.de/id6308

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 21:38

Zitat von »Franklin«

...and drill the hole for the buttons with a 'verzinkboor" I don't know the english or german word for it.

senkbohrer ;)
banner is too big, max 10 kb and 500x80 pixels.

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 21:54

nice
BE QIET! 400W NETZTEIL,ORIGINAL VERPACKUNG UND FUNKTIONSFÄHIG,ATX 1.3 MIT RECHNUNG; BITTE UNTER ICQ MELDEN

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 22:33

A little change off plans. After I made the front for the Aquadrive, I thouhgt it would maybe look nicer to cover all bays withe one acrylic plate. All the drives will have to installed a few mm. backwards, but that's no problem.

But before I can cut the holes for buttons and the reservoir, I will have to decide where to put all the things. The bay that on top can't be used, because it's blocked by the radiator.

I think I will place the DVD drives in the lower two bays. Otherwise it would block the airflow to much I think. Then the reservoir and above that the Aquadrive. Maybe I will also put in a LCD screen. (Or I can place the LCD screen in the plate on the side that's going to stealth all the drive bays)
Love to hear what you guys think.

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005, 23:59

great ,, the green window is good
Das Internet bietet 1 Million Antworten auf nie gestellte Fragen.

Montag, 31. Januar 2005, 00:14

very nice i have to say :D
i think the green really fits to the aluminium colour.

certhas

Montag, 31. Januar 2005, 05:02

[dutch_mode]

Hoi,

Mooi Project!
Ik ben benieuwd hoe het verder gaat.

Groetjes,

ThaDog

[/dutch_mode]

Sieht geil aus und ich bin gespannt wie es weitergeht.

Das Acryl errinert mich auch an dieser Orca Mod wo viel Chrom, Duschschlauch und eben dieses Acryl verwendet wird.

grüsse,

ThaDog

ps. ik ben dus wel een echte Nederlander ;)
Ich hasse Apple ;) --- 15" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,0 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GT 750M mit 2 GB GDDR5 --- 13" MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 3,0 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 3,5 GHz), 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD --- iPad mini "White", 64 GB Wifi --- iPhone 6, 128 GB "White" --- Apple TV (2012) --- Airport Extreme --- Time Capsule 2 TB --- Apple Rockt :thumbsup: --- 05.10.2011 - R.I.P. Steve Jobs :(