• 20.04.2024, 00:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Friku´s Cube

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 02:30

Well, after posting here for a time, i´ve seen several posts with the same problem: Too much heat in some parts of the rig.

This post isn´t intented to be the great solution to all your problems, don´t take it so, above all because I aren´t an "expert" ;). The only thing I would show is what i´ve done with my rig and the solutions adopted.

The modding of this cube started with the necessity of having a larger case, where I could get in the pumps, rads, etc., with the necessary room to manipulate without problems the remaining pieces, like HDD´s, CDroms, etc.

So I come over mountainmods, and said, ´hey that´s the case I was searching for´, but, too expensive, so I started planning and come with this result:

I know, it isnt´t visually spectacular, but this wasn´t the intention. It´s a pc that must work under room temps over 30ºC (Viva España ;) ) . And with the air conditioner on, the room temps comes down only to 27-28 (it isn´t installed very near from my room :-/ ).

The intention of the rig was to get the lowest possible temps. (only using water cooling methods, no peltiers). So I decided to mount 2 triple radiators. So I come over aquacomputer and get fascinated with the fine finishing of the products sold here. I decided to buy an aquaero, 2 triple Evo´s, a crystalfontz display and an Aquatube.

Once all arrived at home I get a little dissapointed with the inner diameter of the rad. Here I must give a little "prayer" to Aquacomputer: Is there any possibility in making such good Evo´s but with more inner diameter, the 10-11mm. like? It were a good idea for people here wanting less restriction to work with the "jet" like blocks you´re selling here.

The watercooling is done through 2 separated lines. One with a D4 pump>Chipset block>Vga block>Triple Evo>Aquatube.
Another is done with a Iwaki RD30>CPU block>Triple radiator (12mm. inner diameter)>Friend made reservoir.

The Aquatube was modificated to have G1/4" threads with 1/2" outer diameter barbs.

Some of the threads where left original, for the led.

During mounting the "thing" looks so:

The final aspect comes to something like this:

Temps. with room temp. ~26-27ºC (CPU-CHIPSET-VGA-HDD-Water 2nd circuit Aquatube)

I know that much of you only would "normal" temps. and not a monster rig, but if you want to squeeze ever ºC, probably all this would give you some ideas, but it could be summed up in using a "jet" block with high pressure pump and a large but low restrictive rad. That´s the "mistery"...

I´ve seen very much rigs here at the forum using a cuplex XT like block with several elbows mounted. That isn´t a good solution. All this elbows add unnecesary restriction to the rig, probably the pressure we need to go this ºC down we are searching for. If elbows needed, never put them near the entrance/outlet of the pump, the pump would be much hotter and work bad. If you need more push, try more inner diameter tubes and a car air conditioner from a scrapyard, you would be surprised. Place the fans 2-3cm. from the fins of the rad to avoid "dead" zones and to avoid also turbulences over the fins that wouldn´t let pass the airflow correctly through the rad.

Nothing more, I hope the you understand my really bad english, you could post in german I understand it quite well...

And to spend a time watching, a video:

http://personales.ya.com/paliby/Cubo4_0001.wmv

Kind regards to all,
friku.

Re: Friku´s Cube

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 03:28

Hi
Very nice work!! Really nice Case.

Das wars auch schon was mein English betrifft;D

Wäre jemand so nett und fragt mal auf english wie das lied heißt das im video als "hintergrund musik" läuft.
Wäre echt nett da mein english wie gesagt sehr mager ist.

MFG
E.T.
Könnten Sie es einpacken? Soll en Geschenk sein...

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 09:19

Hi,.

really good work.

E.T.willWakue wants to know: What's the name of the song, which
is played in the Packground.
Hope you understand it ;D

Belafarinrod

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 11:53

Yes, have understand it in German ;), hehe.

Kate Ryan - Je Lance Un Appel.

Thanks for the comments ;).

Cheers,
friku.

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 12:04

Danke schön :D an euch 2.

mfg
E.T.
Könnten Sie es einpacken? Soll en Geschenk sein...

Forenleser

unregistriert

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 12:05

Great work!!

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 12:12

R.E.S.T.E.P.E ! ;D

great work..
Signatur: Signaturen werden am Ende jeden Beitrages und jeder Kurznachricht angezeigt. YaBBC Code kann benutzt werden. Maximal 300 Zeichen möglich; Noch übrig: 135

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 12:23

i like that style.
what i don't like are these fittings. :-/
but if you like 'em ;)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 12:34

nice work ;)

but what u think about painting (or stealth) your optical drive covers?
i think they make your case front don't look so good

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 13:16

First, thanks for the comments ;).

Hobbes wan Kenobes:

Yes, the barbs aren´t very "stylish", but from what I´ve seen over much WC cases, it´s the only way having tubes over 12mm. correctly fixed. In spite of it looks like the tubes would slip off the tubes, the sealing is correct if you use this clamps or if you are a less "afraid" than I am, than you could use less "brute" ones ;). I know friends that have used other methods in sealing and the final result is more visual pleasant.

Some of the barbs used have 11mm. inner diameter, so they offer very less restriction.

Metzler:

I thinked in using the Lian-Li type of stealthing, but this covers are too big and doesn´t fit into the 51/4" bays I have :-/. So I´m deciding in painting them in chrome.

There are much things to do from now. One thing is the cdrom bays (painting or stealthing), correcting the fan bus controllers (as you can see in the pics, the don´t fit correctly in the bays too) and polishing the total cube (outside and inside) to a chrome like finish.

All materials used are aluminium, so the case works as a big dissipator also. The final aspect goes to something like this:

There are a little scratches left made on the way in car to my home.

Cheers,
friku.

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 13:30

great work, nice cow and blue makes me happy 8)

so this means this case is like a good steak "well done" ;D

the only thing I have mention is, why did you use this ugly connectors instead of something like plug´n´cool ?

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 13:38

Zitat von »Chewy«

great work, nice cow and blue makes me happy 8)

so this means this case is like a good steak "well done" ;D

the only thing I have mention is, why did you use this ugly connectors instead of something like plug´n´cool ?

yeah, i am going with chewy. i dont like these big rings, ich like it small an clean ;D

nice case

Freitag, 10. Juni 2005, 14:46

Chewy:

Thanks ;).

I know, this big barbs aren´t the most stylish ones, but I´m a bit paranoied with restrictions in the rig and after reading very much over other "american style" forums and over spanish ones (here we like the brute american style too ;) ) I´ve decided this ones.

I´ve purchased over Aquacomputer the plug ´n cool ones, but after looking through the hole and seeing that the inner diameter is ~6mm or less, I´ve decided this barbs with ~11mm.

Here at Spain we have made serveral test over different kind of blocks (american, spanish, italian, etc...) and have tested them with different inner diameter tubes. We have come to the conclusion that the XT performs very well "even" used with the 6-8mm. inner diameter tubes. The differences over this ones and the american style are 8-10ºC or something else (couldn´t remember exactly right now). I think that this block could perform even better if used with higher pressure pumps and with less restriction in the tubes (10mm. ID).

From all the things here at Aquacomputer, probably, the thing I (personally) don´t like, are the Evo radiators. They are some kind of perfect finish and easy mounting, but the inner tubes are too tight innerly I think. Don´t know if the mounting of such radiators (with more inner diameter tubes) would be too dificult to improve, because I suppose that this involves a change in manufacturing, but it would be a good option for those searching for making the test with other type of rads.

I suppose that Aquacomputer have enough resources to make theoretical studies to look if this "change" could end in a final improvement for WC users here.

I think that the blocks sold here are ones with the better performance/price over there. Only a little "push" from the other parts of the rig would be good ;).

Chewy, this cube is not an Aquasphere, but..., it´s what I could do with what I have at hand ;), hehe. Thanks.

0800-S-P-A-N-I:

Yes, you´re right. As always, all depends on what you´re searching for... You would something clean, little, etc. don´t go for such a mounting problem. Better with plug ´n cool, probably the temps would be a little higher, but, for much people this isn´t a problem (not for the people and not for the stability and working purpose of the pc). If you would squeeze out every ºC out of, give it a try with such barbs and rads. With a little bit of "hand" you could make it out looking good ;).

Every person has it´s personal style and his personal goal, so go to it ;), that´s the fine thing in modding ;).

I do this post after looking that very much people always are dissapointed with the results of the WC installed and always there is the same problem. The WC elements aren´t well choosen. The W dissipated by the CPU and VGA in almost all cases couldn´t be dissipated by the rad and fans installed.
If the fans are well controlled (and the Aquaero does so) there isn´t no problem in having a lot of them installed. I have 12 installed right now :-X. The noise coming from the case isn´t mind struggling.

Thanks to all again.

Kind regards,
friku.