• 19.04.2024, 21:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Silverbullit

unregistriert

Backplate broke in assembly on Aqua Computer Vision 1151, help with trouble solving!

Donnerstag, 7. März 2019, 12:22

Hello forumfriends, greetings from Sweden!
Backplate problem, finally got my Aqua Computer Kryos Next Vision 1151 yesterday.
B U T the backplate broke when I tried to mount the cooler... :/
(Talk about anti-climactic, waited weeks for it to get in store then traveltime to Sweden and it's a dud.)
One corner would not fit, the pin-screw leaned very heavily.
Attempted to make all for pins grip just the very first thread and then tighten - and trying this the stud on the backplate snaps off.

First Pic = The stud snapped offSecond Pic = You can clearly see that one half of the hole is round, the other is jagged, and that the stud was obviosly seated off center.
Okey I wrote Aqua Computer how to procede, but meanwhile waiting for reply I would like to ask you friends if there is any other solution/backplate that would fit or if you have any solution to this if I want my PC up and running?
E V E R Y T H I N G is here for my brand new PC build and I thought I would get to start her yesterday,
This made me so sad that me old eyes watering. (Silly me, I know, but there it is)
My small village only have two electronic shoppingstores, both are so small that they virtually have nothing in stock at all.
I have to drive an hour to get to the closest town that m i g h t have a couple of aircoolers, could another backplate fit this?
Is there any other solution to get my rig/Aqua Computer Vision 1151 safely attached so I can start my PC?
Despite not wanting to tell this I think I have to, to explain why I need a budget solution if anyone is clever enough to have one.

Any short time solution would be extremely appreciated until the RMA gone through. (Great quick support reply from AquaComputer/Nicole. Just waiting for the return adress for the backplate)
Is there a budget solution for then it would be great as my budget ran dry on the computerbuild. (Few bucks due to disability/broken back) pc build obviously based on loans and I cant get any more cred.
Thank you friends for having me at your great forum, I look forward sharing my PC build as soon as I possibly can.
Have a wonderful day,
Look forward to your feedback mates,

/Silverbullit (Your Swedish forumfriend)
Edit, drove +18 miles today looking for a backplate or somebody that could make a backplate with same tolerances. Just back and its Not happening...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Silverbullit« (7. März 2019, 17:36)

Freitag, 8. März 2019, 11:44

why not use instant adhesive to glue that stud back to the plate until you get an replacement? ?(

Freitag, 8. März 2019, 13:48

instant adhesive isn't so stable I guess; but 2 component epoxy glue is my preferred solution for those kind of problems (I'm using Pattex Stabilit Express, don't know whether that's available in SWE... comes with a tube of resin and hardening powder you have to mix together).

Freitag, 8. März 2019, 15:37

it doesn't have to be stable, it just needs to hold the stud in place until the screw grips.
you can even hold it with your finger