• 18.04.2024, 06:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ordering a watercooling set, comments please?

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 14:51

Guten tag! ;)

I don't know if this is the right forum to write this thread, but i was hoping to get some comments about a watercooling set i'm ordering for my current setup (in my sig).

First of all, i live in finland and i'm afraid my german is not as good as it use to be, so i'm writing this in english. I hope you guys can give me comments about anything. For ex. What would you recommend or what is missing or is there something i won't be needing etc. Well, without further ado, this is what i was planning on getting... :D

• AC-High End 360-Set (Vierloch-Halterung Sockel A) 299.00 €
  • twinplex Blende Chipsatz, Deckel Chipsatz, plugncool gerade 38.99 €
  • twinplex ATI Blende Grafikkarte, plugncool gerade 40.99 €
  • aquajet - Spülleitung für aquatube 1.1 6.99 €
  • aquabay at (Einbaurahmen aquatube) 22.99 €
  • Beleuchtungsmodul UV fuer aquatube 11.99 €
  • (2m) Schlauch PUR glasklar 4.98 €
  • Kaltkathode 12 V, blau ultrahell 15.90 €
  • GlowMotion 3.49 €

The whole package will cost me 445.32 €. :o

I'm installing the package to a Chieftec AX-01SL-D-case and i was planning to put the radiator outside, on top of the case. The package will include CPU, GPU and Chipset coolers, airplex evo 360 radiator with 3 x 120mm papsts and external mounting plates as an alternative option for the radiator.

Watertank will be the Aquatube (Titan) with Aquajet and Aquabay, i understood that i can mount the Eheim 1046 on the Aquabay, behind the Aquatube, right?

I get 3 meters of tubing with the AC-High End 360-Set, but i think i'll get 2 meters more, just in case.

Last but not least, an UV-light for the Aquatube and some GlowMotion to make everything glow with nice greenish color when lit with cold catode UV-light.

So... There's the package and a plan how i was going to install it to my case. Every comment is appreciated, please share your thoughts.

Thanks for listening!
Wolf@Heart
2500+ Barton, AQXDA 0318 Abit NF7-S rev2.0 Kingston 2x256 Mb DDR 400 CL2.5 Kingston 1x512 Mb DDR 400 CL2.5 Club 3D Radeon 9700 Pro

Re: Ordering a watercooling set, comments please?

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 16:19

sounds like a real nice setup to me, only thing that comes to my mind is that u might consider cooling ur hdds too (that of course depends on what hdds u have and if u plan to keep any fans apart from the 3 120mm ones on the the airplex in ur system)
don't forget to post pictures here once u are done :)
btw
Welcome to the board

oh I just realized there is one more thing that might be missing: I dind't see any angle-parts (hope that is at least close to the right translation of "winkel" in this context :)  ) which are of course not necessary but can make installing the cooling quite a bit easyer as this kind of hose is pretty stiff

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 18:10

you have to order ac-fluid to protect your system against "korossion" (however its called in english ;D)
edit: i saw its still includede in the set ;)

and you should order the "entkopplungs set" to reduce the vebrations (?) of the pump

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 18:55

You wrote "Kaltkathode 12 V, blau ultrahell 15.90 €".

But if you want UV-Light you need UV "Kaltkathode" not blau.

BTW. very nice set.

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 19:47

welcome to our "little" community :)

your setup is veeeery nice; high-end-stuff.

as mentioned, you should think about buying angle connectors for easier installation.

a T-connector and a "Kugelhahn"(dont know the english word, listed under "Zubehör" -> "Zubehör zum plug&cool-System". its on you whether you take plastic connectors or the metal ones: the quality is the same. the metal ones just look cooler 8) ;D
This can be very comfortable when you change the water(you should once in a year, but you dont have to. if you expand your system you should change it though)

with this radiator you can even think of passive cooling. the room temperatures up there should be the same as down here. if you take the external mount instead of the internal passive cooling wont be a problem. you may get higher temperatures, but this silence is heavenly. If you want to ban all of your fans out of the computer and cool everything at the same moment, thinking about a second cooling circle(with your HDDs and your PSU) would be good. expensive of course, but worth the price(at least in my eyes). some people here got PCs without any fan - i`m jealous ;D
(14:03:23) (Cerbis_Latran) Dude, uhm. Do me a personal favor?
(14:03:51) (Eliza) what is it?
(14:04:04) (Cerbis_Latran) Never kill anyone. You'd enjoy it far too much.

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 22:07

Thanks for all the replies and for welcoming me to the board.  :)

That was the first draft of the buying list and i am thinking of getting a few of those angle connectors (metal ones of course, beauty before wallet  ;D).

I was visualizing the package in my head, but i guess i have to draw it on a piece of paper to actually see it as a whole set. That way i can make sure that i won't be missing anything before i hit the "order" button.

Thanks CaseMD, i will replace it with Kaltkathode UV (Schwarzlicht) ULTRAHELL.  ;)

How much vibrations the case will get from the pump when it's installed in the aquabay? Can i install the pump in the aquabay with the "entkopplungs set"? Looks like it's a pretty tight fitting already.

Also i was looking through some reviews where they used a device called "MelvinPlexPipe" for directing the waterflow in the watertank that it doesn't gather foam. There's a similar gadget in the list called aquajet and i understood that it goes on the bottom of the watertank? Do all the rev1.1 watertanks come with 3 holes on the side and 3 holes on the bottom?

It would be great if i could run the radiator passive as well (When not overclocking like crazy ;D). I guess in the end we all are going for a complete silent system and i already noticed the way cool watercooled PSU's. ;)

Forgot to mention how handy the Altavista Babel Fish is, man it translates german into english well LOL, well at least i can manage to undestand what the catalog says. ;D

Cheers!
2500+ Barton, AQXDA 0318 Abit NF7-S rev2.0 Kingston 2x256 Mb DDR 400 CL2.5 Kingston 1x512 Mb DDR 400 CL2.5 Club 3D Radeon 9700 Pro

Dienstag, 26. August 2003, 22:18

Zitat von »Wolf@Heart«

Also i was looking through some reviews where they used a device called "MelvinPlexPipe" for directing the waterflow in the watertank that it doesn't gather foam. There's a similar gadget in the list called aquajet and i understood that it goes on the bottom of the watertank? Do all the rev1.1 watertanks come with 3 holes on the side and 3 holes on the bottom?

the only cause why there`s a rev 1.1 are these holes ;)

Reviews...hm. have to look. the melvinpipe is made for the sideconnectors of the aquatube; there a version for horizontal(right word?) and vertical mounting.

in case you dont know already,  you can get the melvinpipe at http://www.melvin-parts.de
unluckily its just in german, hope you can find your way through.

if you want to, we can check your shopping list before you order.

PS: the same for babelfish in german ;D
(14:03:23) (Cerbis_Latran) Dude, uhm. Do me a personal favor?
(14:03:51) (Eliza) what is it?
(14:04:04) (Cerbis_Latran) Never kill anyone. You'd enjoy it far too much.

Mittwoch, 27. August 2003, 01:00

Zitat von »Wolf@Heart«

Can i install the pump in the aquabay with the "entkopplungs set"? Looks like it's a pretty tight fitting already.

yes, it fits

Donnerstag, 28. August 2003, 13:46

Ok, i started thinking about the size of the tubing while i was gathering up the set.

Normally you see people using 10 mm tubing and aqua computer sets come with 8/6mm tubing if you want to use plug&cool fastening.

Should i be concerned about the small size of the tubing? Is there a big difference in performance between 10 mm and 8/6 mm tubing?

Donnerstag, 28. August 2003, 14:00

No, it doesn't make much of a difference. Of course you could achieve a higher flow rate with a larger hosing diameter but a higher flow rate normally dosn't result in a better cooling performance. All you have to worry about is that your flow rate doesn't drop below about 40 liters per hour and that isn't an issue with 8/6 tubing.

By the way: dict.leo.org is a really good english/german online dictionary (useful for Vocabulary Babelfish doesn't know).
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!
-- Hoban Washburn

Donnerstag, 28. August 2003, 14:02

No, there is there is no noticeable difference in performance between the 10mm or the 8mm tubing. BTW I won't give up the plug'n'cool system for the unnoticeable better performance of the 10mm tubing... ;D

Zitat von »Dino«

Leute: wer baggern will, geht zum Baggersee, wer Hilfe in Sachen Wakü braucht, kommt zu uns ins Forum. Beides zusammen erheitert den Admin ;D :-*

Donnerstag, 28. August 2003, 15:24

Good to hear, i wouldn't wish to change the plug&cool system away either, it looks so handy and cool. ;D

How about the angle-parts, do they weaken the flow rate much?

Donnerstag, 28. August 2003, 15:32

A little, but not too much to worry about eigher. At least as long as you don't use two dozen or so of them ;)
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!
-- Hoban Washburn