• 24.04.2024, 14:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aqua Drive with SCSI Drives 10k-15k rpm

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004, 17:52

Will be using SCSI drives by the end of the year after finishing my VLSI masters. Ive found harddrive coolers from inovateck this one attach's underneath the harddrive and cools the bottom. My problem is what about the aqua drive which cools from the side is and is insulated in a casinf which obviously reduces noise. Is the auqa drive suitable with SCSI drives, eg MAXTOR ATLAS 4 (10-15W) 10000-15000 rpm?

I need a compromise of cooling and noise reduction, what material does the aquadrive use top and bottom. Does this conduct heat well, how is it with noise, what kind of temperatures can you get in an existing watercooling setup using a 320 radiator and eheim 1250 pump together will a DUAL processer (100W each) and a 50W graphics card.

Thanks.

Re: Aqua Drive with SCSI Drives 10k-15k rpm

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004, 18:30

Many people use an Aqua- Drive for her Scasi.
The gurantee is unly th 10000rpm but a lot of people use the Aqua- Drive upto 15000.
At last you shod know, that coolings from the top is not as effectif as cooling from the side.
I`m sorry again for my bad English.
Suche Bücher von Tanenbaum und Galileo (auch Video-Training) - bitte KM! [img] http://www.aqua-computer-berlin.de/logo.png [/img]

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004, 18:31

hi, and welcome to this forum :)

please don't ask questions about any other producer than AquaComputer.

the top, bottom, front and back of the aquadrive is made of stainless steel.
the opening at the back ist made for any normal ide-harddrive. but, i think, that scsi drive will fit also.

which tzempretures you will reach, is hard to say, because there are influences. what caser do you have? is it noise-insulated? what kind of fans do you use.... the only thing i could say, is that i think, you will have an acceptable temperature.
von all den dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen,
habe ich am meisten an meinem Verstand gehangen

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004, 18:43

this is for a machine i dont have yet, probably near christmass time.

Case will be supermicro 4u still deciding but it will have 90mm + 120mm fans so airflow will be very good will minimal noise.
I wasnt asking questions about other manufacturers. The other cooler cools from bellow where the motor and drive electronic/pcb are. You are saying that cooling from the side will be better. I will be using 10k rpm, the 15k are much more noiser, pricier and have lower capacity. The material used in the aquadrive underneath and above is that insulating the heat or is it some kind of thermaly conductive compound.

What kind of temp using 10k SCSI drive, average temps?
What about the noise reductuction with and without aqua drive.

Thanks

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004, 18:48

I figured out that the power needed to be dissipated would be around maximum 250-300W assumming DUAL CPUS (Available Opterons at end of year) , 50-70W graphics card (geforce 5 ultra ;) ) , chipset, 4 SCSI drives. The 320 radiator should be fine or I can combine more of them 2 maybe.

Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004, 19:10

Hi

My english isn´t quiete good enouth to explain you why we cool the hd by the sides, and NOT at the top. Please write an email in english to our support, we will answer an explain every detail.

Dino
Videtis hic hommunculum qui verrit suum stabulum. Quid ibi homo invenit? Pulchrum cuplexum areum!