• 16.04.2024, 15:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

What's the update schedule for the Aquaero 5?

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011, 03:00

My friend and I are both mechanical engineers and really interested in watercooling our PCs, so much so that he ordered the new Aquaero XT a few months ago. We just got a chance to install it now (the order took a few months to arrive) and unfortunately have been somewhat disappointed with the results.

While the hardware itself seems to be at the usual Aqua quality, the software is rather lacking. At first we had to search around the web to even find a version of the Aquasuite software that would recognize the device (beta 5), and now Aquasuite won't even start anymore. This makes configuring the device much harder. As mentioned when the A5 was originally released, there is a significant development and refinement period, as I can understand, but so far the level of software and hardware integration has made the A5 difficult to work with.

So what is the plan for future Aquaero 5 firmware and Aquasuite 2012 updates? Can we expect significant changes by 2012?
MacBook Pro
Ubuntu File Server - 6.75TB
Watercooled workstation - i7-950 @ 4.0GHz / 12GB RAM / Intel 120GB SSD / ASUS P6X58D Premium / GTX470 / Aquaero 4
www.wesg.ca

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011, 12:31

Same here m8. The software suite is buggy and unresponsive or at best slow responsive and in addition the manual of A5 is rather lacking. One has to guess what to do. Not recommended for non engineers as they would probably fry something. You can't do anything but wait. Apparently they have rather slow iteration cycles regarding software development.

acutech

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011, 22:32

Couldn't agree more gents. The Aquaero itself is a wonderfull product but in the current state it is a bit disapointing to say the least. No english installation AND/OR user manual. Stuttering screen problem (solved in my case with slight modification of faceplate, something we should not have to do...)
The product is far from finish, and while I do have great confidence it will be awesome in a somewhat near future, it is currently far from expectations :(

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2011, 19:03

I just learned today that one cannot use the pump and aquaero 5 plus the flowsensor together with the "new" beta software. The pump is only reconginzed from the old version, thus one has to have two different versions of the software installed to get everything "recongnized". However since the two programs do not communicate with each other you cannot use the sensors from aquaero to control the pump for example.. This is unacceptable. We buy things and we pay a great deal of money too and as a result we expect for our products to work. But this is not the case here. People have bought the aquaero 5 with the touchscreen and had to make million workarounds to get it running. This isn't German quality if you ask me. And I work for a German company so I know what the hell I am talking about. I personally am dissapointed.

Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 09:44

You got it completely wrong...

The aquasuite is only a graphical user interface to these devices and has NO controlling features nor does it handle the communication between the devices. If you want to use the temperature sensors from the pump in your aquaero you only have to connect them via aquabus. Using a temperature sensor to control the speed of the aquastream pump is not possible in any way.

Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 13:42

OK, is this then possible ?

When pc is under load i.e. when some temperatures increase e.g. the internal water temperature then the fans for example should spin faster. I guess it should be.

In the aquasuite 4.72 I was able to manipulate the pump speed , although manually. I thought, excuse me if I am wrong, that one could setup up the pump/fans to react depending on various temperatures. Is this possible only for the fans then?

Thanks

Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 14:00

It was never possible to control the speed of the pump according to a temperature sensor. That would only work with a Laing pump for example when you hook it up to one of the fan channels since only these channels can be controlled like that.

Reading a temperature sensor from the aquastream and using it for the aquaero to control its fans is already possible.

Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 14:17

OK good to know. But since there is a manual control it is at least possible to manually configure the pump.

Next question : is there or will there ever be a sdk for the new aquasuite?

Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 14:46

A SDK for the newer aquasuite will be available in the future. At the moment we focus on the soft- and firmware.

Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 18:10

A SDK for the newer aquasuite will be available in the future. At the moment we focus on the soft- and firmware.

Thanks for the update, Shoggy. Does Aqua have an update schedule you try to stick to? If there are a few new software iterations by December I shall place another order...
MacBook Pro
Watercooled workstation - i7-950 @ 4.0GHz / 12GB RAM / Intel 120GB SSD / ASUS P6X58D Premium / GTX470 / Aquaero 4
www.wesg.ca

Dienstag, 2. August 2011, 12:24

There is no specific road map ;)

Bye the way: a new aquasuite and firmware version is available.

acutech

Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 00:35

Whoo thanks for the heads up Sven, installing now!

Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 07:05

Any suggestions for fully uninstalling older Aquasuite software (completely, including registry, etc.) in order to install the new one?
MacBook Pro
www.wesg.ca

Addicted

Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 10:54

are there any changelogs for this software/firmware? it'd be interesting to see the updates!

Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 22:31

Whether there are changes or not, after installing the new suite and trying to update to the new firmware I get the following errors :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would kindly request someone to tell me what I am supposed to do. For the record I tried restarting the device, disconnecting all cables etc. but the problem persists. The original firmware was upgraded through beta 5 software.

Freitag, 5. August 2011, 18:44

Any chance that a moderator could be helping me/us ?

Thanks

Donnerstag, 11. August 2011, 10:54

The first message only means that you have to update the firmware because you older version is not compatible to the current aquasuite variant.

The second box normally should appear after the update process to tell you that the aquasuite must be restarted. If your aquaero has not been update to the latest firmware you could try a reset: remove all unnecessary stuff from the aquaero and place a jumper on the temperature sensor header 8. Start the PC or aquaero alone, wait a short moment and shut down again. Remove the jumper and start again. Maybe this way you will be able to update.