• 16.04.2024, 08:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 LT Fail--Firmware 1014 / Beta 6 bricked it!

Samstag, 20. August 2011, 03:05

(3/22/2012 Edit: I have purchased two more of these controllers after this post...they've sufficiently worked out the bugs and continue to add functionality as promised. I am quite impressed, and the customer support is awesome. I'm leaving this post up for informational reasons only...below is previous and since-remedied drama).

Purchased this for a watercooled i52500K build. I wanted something to control fan speed based on water temperature...something this thing has never actually been able to do. I started with Aquasuite 2012 Beta 5, Firmware 1013. I labeled everything and spent hours trying to figure out how to build a "curve." I was not successful. The best I could manage was a "Constant Value" controller, which means I have a slider to manually control fan speed.

Complaint 1: No included heatsink. Having said that, I've purchased / installed the passive HS and the benefit is nearly nonexistent.

(Edit: There is a far better passive HS now, so complaint is null http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show…(Lian-Li-PC-P50)

Complaint 2: Not enough is posted in English.

(Edit: The forum has grown substantially since this post...getting more useful by the day)

Complaint 3: I've apparently just bricked it attempting to upgrade to Beta 6, Firmware 1014. The firmware flash progress bar gets "stuck" after hours at the 90-95% point. Then I get an error message telling me to re-flash...and then some exclamatory message in German. So...I try again...and again...NOTHING. Then I tried reverting back to Beta 5 / 1013, but now the software will no longer communicate with hardware. It still reports 1013 as being installed.

Frustrated!!!

Joshua

Update: Still no progress...and the fans are indefinitely stuck at 60%

I've uninstalled everything, cleaned out the Windows registry files, re-started, shut down ALL other applications , no UAC, no antivirus, and tried reinstalling Beta6. I am 30 minutes into firmware update to 1014...with 50% of the progress bar still showing. This is what's happened the last 5 times...I'm getting really tired of this...I just want it to at least work the way it used to, limited as it was.

Last update for this evening: 2x more fails...I am doing everything conceivable correctly. Before anyone says anything about my use of "beta" software...remember that I've been very hopeful for mere functionality. All joking aside...I'm pretty frustrated...I hope these guys stand behind their products better than they've launched them!!!

Here's my system specs:

Hardware:
Intel i5-2500k @ 4.8 GHz (Prime Stable) EK Supreme Nickel / Plexi Waterblock
Gigabyte Z68X UD5-B3 with EK Nickel / Plexi Waterblock
Two XFX 6970s in Crossfire with EK Nickel / Plexi Waterblocks
Two 140mm x 2 Radiators
Swiftech MCP355 Pump with XSPC Acrylic res top
LG BD/DVD ODD Slim drive
1TB WDC Black 6GBs HDD / 64GB Crucial 6GBs SSD (Both paired for IRST/SSD Caching)
Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon tricolor graphical display (Another very difficult, hair-pulling product which is great hardware but fails, relying totally on nearly nonexistent support)
Kingwin Lazer 1000w PSU
Razer Keyboard / Mouse

Software:
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium (All updates completed)
Office 2010 Pro
Steam
Lots of games
LCD Studio
Speedfan
AMD Catalyst Control Center
Intel Rapid Storage Technology

*My user account is set as administrator, but I "run as" administrator regardless, just in case.
Once and for all...what can I do to get this thing up and running the way it was advertised?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 18 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ShOOster« (22. März 2012, 18:00)

acutech

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 02:45

Hi ShOOter,
I'm sorry to hear you having all these issues. I suggest contacting Shoggy, he will take good care of you I'm certain. Definatly don't give up on the product. Once they squash the bugs and implement the remaining features in the Aquasuite 2012, this thing is gonna rock. I reckon it takes a little fiddling here and there as there is no english manual right now as you noticed, but messaging Shoggy I got all the answers I needed.
Again, don't give up, contact Shoggy and see what he can do for you. Best of luck to you.
Regards,

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 04:39

To OP :

I know exactly how you feel. I have the exact same problem. And guess what? I am a developer :)..And I can't fix this either.

Don't contact anyone. They will tell you some mambo jambo stuff. E.g. Reflash CPU, Erase CPU etc. It will lead NOWHERE. I have tried every conceivable possible thing. The only solution is to RMA this back to them and hope/pray that they fix it, of course at their own leisure.

Also I totally agree with all of your points :

i.e. no heatsink - and their relative products on the site : this product(s) came with no heatsink/no adaptors/no cables no anything. You will have to buy ALL those things extra = LOL.

What is laughable is the following : For the aquabus cables : please buy cables ONLY from this site. So as naive as I could ever be I thought there was something special about those cables so I bought from this site, only to realise three weeks later when they finally arrived, that they are some cheap cables - made in China - that one could buy way cheaper from other vendors..

Also english forums exist simply to exist. Do not expect any serious support here. It's probably better to just google translate the german forums.

</rant>

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 16:15

Not sure If I'm allowed to do this, but just in case it helps anyone, I did a little review & basic set-up post on the AQ5 on a different forum.
Now I need to add here that I'm no developer or programer or a Aqua guru by any means (as you'll see by my review post, this was the first review I've ever done) But none the less it may help?...
http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/v2/sh…-the-new-AQ5-XT
It's all working fine for me & I'm using a curve controll to run my fans with no real issues at all..
Anyway...Good luck :)
N.

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 19:55

Well, let's start with the most obvious thing: Razer Keyboard / Mouse.

I had an almost endless discussion with another guy a few weeks ago who had similar problems. In the end his Razer input stuff was responsible for all the problems. Their drivers are able to change the default polling rate of 125Hz for USB to 500 or even 1000. That might work with the mouse, keyboard and other stuff which is not really sensitive to that but of course it can cause problems with other USB devices like the aquaero which is not designed to run at such rates especially given the fact that 125Hz IS the standard and nothing else.

You can easily check if that might be the problem on your system. Download this little tool and move your mouse pointer quickly from left to right. The peak value on a normal system will be around 125 to 128Hz - everything OK and we can forget about this theory but if your values are significantly higher we maybe found your real problem. At first you should check your razer drivers. Somewhere it must be possible to configure the USB polling rate. When done I recommend to shut down your PC and start it again to make sure that the new setting take effect. Check the polling rate again with the tool. When everything is okay now, give the firmware update of the aquaero another try ;)

If the mentioned above is not true for your system you should try a reset at first. Remove all unnecessary connections with exception of the power. When turned off, place a jumper on the temperature sensors 8. Start the device, wait a few seconds , turn it off, remove the jumpers, attach USB and run the aquasuite. You should be now able to flash the firmware.

Still no success? In this case you could try the recovery mode but please note the following thing: when using this mode the firmware will be deleted from your device. So if afterwards you are still unable to flash the firmware your aquaero will not do anything until it gets a new firmware. If you want to give it a try: repeat the same steps as with the reset but this time place jumpers on the temperature sensor ports 5 to 8. This time when starting the device while the jumpers are placed you will see a message about the recovery mode on your display.

You are not able to fully brick the device by using this mode since the recovery mode is stored into a secured memory range and will always work. So in the end you should use another PC to perform the update since it seems there is some other problem with your USB connection.

By the way: the update does not take longer than a minute so waiting for 30 minutes is only a waste of time because in this case something is already wrong.

Montag, 22. August 2011, 22:33

Low and behold...it worked (Shoggy's reccomendation)! So there are some bugs with this thing...and that is irritating, but I tell you support is like gold to me. I've edited the original post a bit. Thank you, Shoggy.

There are still a couple of things on my mind...

1. After firmware 1014 and the installation of the passive HS, the fans throttle to 100% periodically (whenever the VRMs reach mid-90s). In order to avoid this rise in VRM temps, I must run my fans at a minimum of 60%. Firmware 1013 did not do this...it allowed the temps to rise to well above 115c with no throttling.

2. I still have no resolution on how to build a "curve" on this LT model. Is this even possible? Any tutorials I've read thus far involve the LCD version.

Thanks again,

Joshua

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ShOOster« (22. August 2011, 22:35)

Dienstag, 23. August 2011, 09:23

It would be new to me that the temperature limits have been changed in some way. I will have to ask our programmer who is not present today. He will be back tomorrow.

Unfortunately the curve controller has not been integrated to the aquasuite yet so it is not possible to use it with a LT variant. It is very likely that it will be integrated into the next version of the aquasuite.

Donnerstag, 8. September 2011, 20:10

Sorry for bumping thread. Didn't want to create a new one.

I RMA'ed my A5 LT a week ago and have not since heard any news. It is dead? :)

R.I.P. Aquaero!

oc_geek

unregistriert

Aquasuite Beta 8 -> Firmware 1016 stuck my Aquaero 5 - fixed

Samstag, 24. September 2011, 16:18

If the mentioned above is not true for your system you should try a reset at first. Remove all unnecessary connections with exception of the power. When turned off, place a jumper on the temperature sensors 8. Start the device, wait a few seconds , turn it off, remove the jumpers, attach USB and run the aquasuite. You should be now able to flash the firmware.

Still no success? In this case you could try the recovery mode but please note the following thing: when using this mode the firmware will be deleted from your device. So if afterwards you are still unable to flash the firmware your aquaero will not do anything until it gets a new firmware. If you want to give it a try: repeat the same steps as with the reset but this time place jumpers on the temperature sensor ports 5 to 8. This time when starting the device while the jumpers are placed you will see a message about the recovery mode on your display.

You are not able to fully brick the device by using this mode since the recovery mode is stored into a secured memory range and will always work. So in the end you should use another PC to perform the update since it seems there is some other problem with your USB connection.

By the way: the update does not take longer than a minute so waiting for 30 minutes is only a waste of time because in this case something is already wrong.
Hi Shoggy,
i eneded up in similar situation :cursing: few hours ago while running the Beta8 and flashing to A5 1016 (was 1014)
flashing started but it stopped at 95%...
unluky me now the A5 is dead man walking...

looking around i found the above post and ur answer so i tried the Sensor 8 jumper thing
but nothing....it is same
A5 is detected by the AS but as i move my mouse over it to open the application goes into exception and i get i window full of vars and so on (which is a dump i think)

Before going the hard way and using recovery would like to check with you if anything else is on my way as option ?
In the recovery mode i suppose i have to da as for the other. Off, jumpers, ON, wait a bit, OFF, remove jumpers, ON -> aquasuite

Is it ? anything else ?

EDIT: I went for the Recovery mode and was able to load fw; had to set everithing back but now i'm back on
Recovery mode is really nice resource as it allows to get hings back on if enything wrong....with betas....
Info above was really useful perhaps

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »oc_geek« (25. September 2011, 21:09)

Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 10:00

So, it is working correct again now?

@Silvermaul: your aquaero was shipped back to you on 15th this month. If you have not received it yet, please contact us.

Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2011, 16:52

I did receive it but I am not using it at all. I will wait for a stable version of the new aquasuite before I install it.