• 19.04.2024, 23:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 XT Questions

Montag, 29. August 2011, 18:39

i have a few questions which i hope someone can answer. i'm researching this product and trying to familiarize myself with how it works.

temp sensors
"eight temperature and a digital temperature/humidity (LS aquabus channel) sensor". What is the digital temperature/humidty (LS aquabus channel) sensor)?
"external sensors of other aqua computer devices (aquastream, poweradjust)". If i was using an aquastream or a poweradjust, where would the sensor connect to an an Aquero XT?
"altogether up to 40 temperature sensors can be used". I see 8 temp sensor inputs, how will one be able to use 40 temp sensors?

Power Outputs
How can you use the power outputs (PWM)? Can this be used to control anything?

Led Outputs
How would you use the LED Outputs?

Fan 4 PWM
I just wanted to verify that this can be used for a regular fan, pwm fan or water pump.

Potential Free Switch
What is this?

Aquastream XT/Laing D5
The aquastream connects to the Aquaero, what controls do you get that you wouldn't get with say Laing D5?

Aquabus
Is it possible to connect an Aquaero LT to an Aquaero XT to gain more channels? If so, would that be preferably or using more poweradjusts?
What is the difference between the low and high aquabus connectors?

I know quite a few questions, but this is an advanced fan controller and i want to make sure that i am educated about what i can and cannot do with this.

Thanks,

A

Dienstag, 30. August 2011, 10:03

The digital temperature/humidty sensor is not available yet. When available it will be connected via the lowspeed aquabus port (= an extension port).

External sensors from other devices work only when these devices have an aquabus port which is compatible to the aquaero 5. The only devices which can be used here are the aquastream XT and poweradjust 2.

When you connect two aquastream XT pumps, six poweradjust controllers and use the software sensors (not available yet) you end up with 20 sensors. The other 20 are reserved internal for upcoming devices and whatever the future brings.

PWM is a pulsed 12V signal which controls the power by switching the power VERY fast on and off. Not every stuff is compatible to that kind of power control. It is ideal for lightning effects like LED stripes etc.

The LED output is designed for our RGB LED. In theory you could also connect your own LEDs but is is not recommend.

You can use the 4th fan channel like the other three. The PWM signal is only an optional addition on this channel.

The switch is a relay which can be used to turn off/on the PC for example or to take control about other stuff that you want to switch into different states.

When connecting a normal pump you can only control it by the power supply (0 - 12V) while the aquastream has an aquabus interface to communicate with the aquaero so you can see several technical data like voltage, frequency etc. and you can do some basic adjustments.

It is not possible to connect two or more aquaeros together. The low and highspeed aquabus uses different communication protocols. Lowspeed is mainly used for older devices or devices which need no large bandwidth while the highspeed bus is mainly used for newer devices which need more bandwidth.

Dienstag, 30. August 2011, 21:04

Shoggy, i have seen your posts all over the internet and i have to say you are a stand up guy. Thanks for the answers. I cannot wait for the XT to get back in stock!!!