• 28.04.2024, 17:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Would need your opinion D5 vs controller

Dienstag, 6. September 2011, 15:31

Hello Aquacomputer Forum,

I'm building a watercooling config like that.

CPU socket 1155 + Radeon 6970 + 480mm Rad + Tank + Pump +Temp +Flowmeter in Lpdc loop.
i'll have 7x 120mm fans for the case and the Rad, i consider 1W each.

I would use the Aqua Computer D5

Seems that i can control all with the Aquaero LT watercooled and aquasuite ( Ex: 4x Fans on Fan1, Pump on Fan 2, 2xFans on Fan3, 1xFan on Fan4 ) but also with a ramp of Poweradjust2 and aquasuite ( In that case i understand that i'll lose 2 USB but i should have more power on the pump, may be for another one in the future ).
As i don't use the front panel, what kind of solution do you recommend ? A mix of both ?
How many temp i would able to manage with Poweradjust2 and / or Aquaeor LT

Kind Regards

Franck

Donnerstag, 8. September 2011, 14:00

You don't even need Aquaero.

Just plug everything to the pump with a poweradjust.

Aquaero is just too much I think ,plus it's hypersensitive, plus the software is in early beta versions so you will have to wait a LONG time to get it running, plus it still does not support the pump. So you just need the Aquastream XT Ultra a power adjust and you are done.

EDIT : Mods please ignore report. I accidentally press it with this message.

Freitag, 9. September 2011, 00:46

Nobody really needs an Aquaero. It is a high end monitoring and controlling device for anyone that wants the best of the best. You could easily plug your temp sensors, fans and pumps into a $29.99 nzxt, but what fun would that be. Even with the software being in beta it is hands down the best and most sophisticated controller available.

back to your questions...

You could possibly get away with running 7 fans and 1 pump on the LT. This will all depend on how many amps your fan draws and how you organize them per channel. Each channel has a limit of 1.65a and the LT has a total limit of 5A. If your fans/pump exceeds these ratings, then yes you will need a PowerAdjust as well. The poweradjust would connect to the LT and the LT would connect to USB (only one usb header will be used).

Also you can connect 2 flowmeters and 8 temp sensors on the LT and 1 flowmeter and 1 temp sensor on the poweradjust.

And if you want to control 2 pumps you will definitely need the LT and the PowerAdjust.

Freitag, 9. September 2011, 08:53

Ok Thanks, LT is enough.

Does it exist a solution to run the cooling system without switching on the Cpu ?

Kind Regards

Freitag, 9. September 2011, 18:55

Ok Thanks, LT is enough.

Does it exist a solution to run the cooling system without switching on the Cpu ?

Kind Regards
the aquaero can run without your computer being on as long as your motherboard provides power to the usb headers when the computer is on. everything else (fan, pumps) won't run without the computer being on. You can around this by jumping your power supply. To jump your power supply insert a paper clip into the green wire and any black wire. And voila, your power supply will turn on without being connected to the motherboard.

Sonntag, 11. September 2011, 17:39

Super