• 16.04.2024, 11:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Kryos adapter for socket 2011?

Donnerstag, 15. September 2011, 12:58

I own one of the expensive silver-based Kryos models. x79 motherboards were just unveiled, and I am concerned that the x58 cooler will not be compatible. This concern was just further emphasized when a Gigabyte spokeman told me that the new x79 socket retention mechanism will mount directly to the cooler.

So... is there a mounting adapter in the works for the Kryos, or will I have to mod the socket itself? I have more than $300 invested in this block (body custom plated by RRT) and would hate to see it go to waste.

Donnerstag, 22. September 2011, 03:59

PS

Do the copper Airplex Modularity rads have a coating on the fins to prevent tarnishing?

Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 09:24

Since there is no mainboard available yet, we also had no chance to produce a new mounting system.

The copper fins have no protective coating.