• 24.04.2024, 14:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 4.0: Device status This device cannot start. (Code 10) Asus p8p67 problem

Montag, 19. September 2011, 14:09

Hello,

I to have fallen foul of this error that seems to exist with Asus intel motherboards. I've been using my aquaero for about 3 years now on various amd systems from the 790fx (which included the asus m3a79 t-deluve) chipset to several different 890fx boards and I've not once had a problem. I decided to upgrade to sandy bridge and bought a Asus p8p67 m pro, I didnt know these problems existed with the aquaero and the asus boards. 9 times out of 10 it wont recognise the device in device manager, I've tried ddisconnecting and reconnecting in different motherboard headers, with no success. Today I tried the nzxt internal hub it didnt work to begin with, then I plugged my poweradjust2 into the nzxt hub and first time i booted when it installed the PA2 it recognised the aquaero, but after a restart it wont start the aquaero anymore.

I'm planning next to try and internal to external usb connector to see if plugging it into the back panel will work but i doubt it will make a difference. I've read that using a pci usb hub card will resolve the problem so i may choose that root though i'd rather not as using a matx board I only have 1 pcie slot not in use and I was planning to use it for somethign else.

My main question, is aquacomputer still planning to release a firmware update to fix this issue?

I realise your very busy working on the aquaero 5 atm but I would like to know if there is a possibility of a fix in the future for this, as my research seems to suggest this problem has existed for some time.

Freitag, 23. September 2011, 19:52

OK problem still not solved.

I have tried the nzxt internal hub, this doesnt work (although it resolves the delayed boot i get with the poweradjust2).

I have just purchased a pci-e akasa reneseas usb 3.0 hub and it doesn work, the aquaero just installs as usb hub and aquaero software cant detect it.

I have tried connecting the aqauaro and poweradjust to the nzxt hub, then connecting the nzxt hub to the pci-e usb 3 hub, poweradjust installs and works but aqauero still only recognised as usb hub.

I bought a internal to external usb cable and plugged the aqauero into the red usb port on the back i/o of the motherboard, this worked intially, but after one reboot device again not recognised.

Should I raise an rma request for my device, i dont really want to as i know the device is working normally, its just a firmware issue, well at least from shoggy's post in a realted topic i believe its a fw issue.

very frustrating.

Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 09:49

It is a known problem with many Sandy Bridge based mainboards. So far we have no idea what is causing the problem and also had no time to have a more detailed look into that. It is on the to-do-list but there are many other things with much higher priority so a fix (if possible) is noting that we will see within the next few weeks.

You can use a little tool which automatically connects/disconnects the USB interface a few times until the USB communication is operating correct. Please note that this tool was programmed by a customer so we can not provide any support for it.

Download: aquaero_fix.zip

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011, 13:11

Ah thank you I will try this to see if it can help, as its amatx board I've used my last free slot for this usb card which isnt ideal.

I have resolved the problem with buying a startech usb 2.0 pci-e card, like suggested by yourself in another thread its completely resovled the problem and the aquaero connects everytime. I don't for think its a so much a problem with your firmware more a problem with the intel drivers used on the chipset of the sandy bridge. Even my Logitech G11 occasionally boots in being unrecognised and unuseable.

On a side note i forgot to mention, if the poweradjust 2.0 is connected directly to the motherboard headers, after bios splash screen the pc will stay on the prompt for about 30-40 seconds before starting to load windows, using the nzxt hub elimates this and the prompt just flashes up for a second or so before loading windows as per normal operation.

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2011, 09:04

ASUS has a warranty program for the defective SandyBridge chipsets.
http://vip.asus.com/eservice/changeSandy…slanguage=en-us

Philio

Sonntag, 29. April 2012, 23:15

Hi, sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if there was ever a fix created for this?

I am having the same problem with the ASUS P9X79 Pro board.

Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012, 16:27

Has been already fixed. You can read more about the problem here. (sorry, only German)

The problem is that current Intel chipsets violate the official specifications made my Intel ( :wacko: ) so older USB 1.1 devices like the aquaero 4 might not work correctly.

Download "Updatepaket für das aquaero 4" from this thread and update the OS first and the firmware afterwards with the aquasuite 4.72. The problem should be solved then.