• 27.04.2024, 12:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Water keeps getting lower although there is no leak..

Mittwoch, 21. September 2011, 22:46

Hi,

I filled my system as best as I could but it seems every 10 or more days the fill sensor goes down to 60% from 70% which is the max possible value.

There are no leaks anywhere so I guess this is air bubbles. How could I empty the air from the system? Anyone tried it?

Also what on earth is the deaeration mode or whatever is called. No idea what it does.

Hopefully someone could explain this to me :)

Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 09:19

Is it only the sensor value or does the water level really go down? If the water level goes down it could be a connection which is not 100% sealed and loses water slowly so you will not notice it.

If it is only the sensor value you could try to clean the sensor stick with a cloth.

The deaeration mode can help to get rid of air in the loop. It constantly starts and stops the pump. I would recommend to run the pump at a higher speed since it is much more effective in my opinion. To get out the air in the loop you can also slowly shake you PC to the sides so the air can escape from the components.

Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2011, 16:15

I deliberately left the lid open for about 10 days and I was constantly refilling it with a 2 day interval. With this refilling rate any leak should be clearly visible. There is not any leak present unless we are talking about molecules which cannot be seen with the naked eye :)

I guess that there is a tone of trapped air bubbles inside my two huge radiators. So it seems I have some shaking to do :)..

creekin

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2011, 07:05

I deliberately left the lid open for about 10 days
why did you do that?
sounds like evaporation

Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2011, 12:57

To get the bubbles out. I don't think this liquid @ 25 degrees can evaporate with the rate I was observing.. It's not like boiling water :)