• 25.04.2024, 14:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Unable to update firmware from 1013 to Beta 8 (1016)

Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011, 15:33

I installed the Beta 8 software "Aquasuite" successfully.

After the installation, I ran the program and It asked to me to upgrade firmware to 1016 so I clicked in the "Update firmware now" button but I could not finish this step.

At the start, a dialog appeared on the screen with the message "Error, reflash firmware!" then I pressed the "Ok" button and another dialog appeared on the screen: "Die aquasuite wird beendet. Bitten warten Sie bis das Gerät neu gestartet ist" (actually, I don't know german)

I have tried to reset Aquaero to factory defaults and to reinstall aquasuite software without success.

By the way, I don't understand why we can not get old versions of aquaero software. Maybe if I could download them then I could try to first upgrade to 1014, later to 1015 and finally to 1016. Now I only have Beta 8 software and don't know how to proceed.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

P.D.: And not, I don't have a Razer mouse/keyboard... (I have Logitech ones)

Seb

unregistriert

Montag, 3. Oktober 2011, 12:30

I had the same problem, and contacted the support.

Response I got : reboot computer (done but without effect), or try doing it on another computer.

I tried multiple things :
* reinstalled beta 6 and tried to reflash version 1014 => KO. Reflash firmware. !!! Strange, it was the current one.
* using a "fresh install" of win xp running on a virtual machine (vmware workstation), dis-connecting the aquaero from host to connect it to the virtuel machine => KO. Reflash firmware.
* update the latest BIOS of my MOBO and retried (both directly on my computer or through the VM) => KO. Reflash firmware.
* what about 64bits version ? install a fresh version of win 7 64 bits (my system is win 7 32bits) on another disk => KO. Reflash firmware.
* I finally disconnect the aquaero and connect it on another computer (win xp 32 bits) => the first time : KO. Reflash firmware. I retried immediately (without restart) : flashing worked !!

I re-installed the aquaero on my main system (win 7 32 bits), installed aquasuite beta 8, and it's partially OK :
* Aquasuite identifies the firmware version as 1016
* Aquasuite gets data from the aquaero
but
* Aquasuite crash when I try to rename a sensor
* Controllers defined have no effect on the aquaero
* etc : aquasuite i just able to plot data, all configuration must be done directly on the aquaero.

Will try again with beta 9...

Montag, 3. Oktober 2011, 14:01

Response I got : reboot computer (done but without effect), or try doing it on another computer.
thats no enough,

Unplug the PSU from your power cable, wait 1minute. And flash the Firmware again.
When you not power of the PSU, the aquaero runs in standby mode.

Montag, 3. Oktober 2011, 15:54

or try doing it on another computer.
What kind of solution is this? ;( :thumbdown: I'm definitely not going to unplug aquaero (with all the connections it has) and plug it again in another computer. OMG, too much effort for not my fault.

I was upgrading firmware with complete success until now so in my opinion, something is wrong with my current version (1013) or the new aquaero software.

I'll try unpluging PSU for a minute (I tried this before but I didn't wait such a time). Hope this fix my problem because now i can't run aquaero software and i can't monitor anything in my computer X(

I was reading posts in the forum and I notice many people are having problems with upgrading firmware...

By the way, What about downloading old versions? If, at least, I could download (1013 firmware version) aquaero software I would run the program...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »rizosha« (3. Oktober 2011, 16:13)