• 16.04.2024, 09:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

JB3

Poweradjust 2 Ultra Wiring Hookups

Freitag, 11. November 2011, 01:46

I've seen a Poweradjust 2 diagram showing where a temperture sensor hooks up. I've seen a Poweadjust 2 diagram showing where two Aquabus connections are. I've looked on the web for an hour and not found an English Manual for the Poweradjust 2, or a review, or anything that shows what all the connectors are for on the Poweradjust 2. Can someone please provide a link to an English manual for the Poweradjust 2? If there is no manual, can someone provide a diagram detailing what all the connections are for on the Poweradjust 2 Ultra?

Thanks in advance,

Freitag, 11. November 2011, 13:03

Samstag, 28. Januar 2012, 15:11

RPM header is only for reporting? If I hook up a pump to PA2Ultra cand I also add a fan to it?

Samstag, 28. Januar 2012, 17:31

RPM header is only for reporting? If I hook up a pump to PA2Ultra cand I also add a fan to it?
Hi TheSmoker,

PA2 only has one output channel, so you can hookup several things to that output, but they will all have the same control value (for example several fans).

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012, 04:03

[attach]2571[/attach]
Could you please explain in detail how I would connect (2) PA2 to a AQ5 Pro?

Thank you.

Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012, 06:21

Hi Psychor,
Using the cables provided with PA2 (the ones that look like a fan cable, 3 pin connectors) you connect it something like this:
AQ5Pro HighSpeed Aquabus connector -> PA2 Aquabus connector 1 / PA2 Aquabus connector 2 -> PA2 Aquabus connector 1 .... and so on.
Hope this helps.

Freitag, 20. Juli 2012, 00:22

Hi Psychor,
Using the cables provided with PA2 (the ones that look like a fan cable, 3 pin connectors) you connect it something like this:
AQ5Pro HighSpeed Aquabus connector -> PA2 Aquabus connector 1 / PA2 Aquabus connector 2 -> PA2 Aquabus connector 1 .... and so on.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info. I didn't know you could "Daisy Chain" the PA2s.

I have another quesion regarding wiring. I have 2 Swiftech MPC355 that I will be using with my PowerAdjust 2's. I am going to be making my own cables, and was wondering how to connect them. I know the blue wire is a Tach Sensor, so which is the best way to connect it to the PA2? I have included a diagram with the 2 options that I think would work, but need some further clarification before I start splicing wires. :D Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Freitag, 20. Juli 2012, 01:26

Hi Mr_Armageddon,

Use option 1 for connecting your pump to the Poweradjust. The connector marked RPM is actually an output signal. It can be connected to the motherboard so the system is shutdown on loss of signal for example.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (20. Juli 2012, 01:28)

Freitag, 20. Juli 2012, 17:30

Hi Mr_Armageddon,

Use option 1 for connecting your pump to the Poweradjust. The connector marked RPM is actually an output signal. It can be connected to the motherboard so the system is shutdown on loss of signal for example.

Kind regards,
Boris.
Thanks for the clarification.

Freitag, 27. Juli 2012, 00:14

OK, I need to connect 3 fans, 2x 230mm, 1x 140mm to a single PA2. I have 3 pin "Y" fan connects, so I can hook them to 1 connector.

Should I leave all 3 Tach outs hooked up, and if I do, what will I see in the aquasuite tool for RPM?

Freitag, 27. Juli 2012, 01:51

OK, I need to connect 3 fans, 2x 230mm, 1x 140mm to a single PA2. I have 3 pin "Y" fan connects, so I can hook them to 1 connector.

Should I leave all 3 Tach outs hooked up, and if I do, what will I see in the aquasuite tool for RPM?

Interesting one!

Easiest way is to just try it and find out, let us know here.

From experience and connectiing to mb fan headers this has not been an issue for me but as you are using 2 different types of fan which will spin at different speeds it may cause problems. I would also be a little cautious and look in to the amp ratings of the fans. Perhaps someone can chip in and say if it is ok to run different rated fans off one header. I personally would only run exactly the same fans of one header. Also remember if you are running different fans off one header whatever the tach reading is will not be a true reflection of what either type is spinning at which kind of defeats the purpose of monitoring/control software and hardware.

Freitag, 27. Juli 2012, 13:43

I can leave the 140mm fan on the AQ5, if everyone thinks that would be better/safer.

I thought the tach out on the fans were just pulses, so could be merged. You just get a sum of the RPMs?

Freitag, 27. Juli 2012, 14:24

I can leave the 140mm fan on the AQ5, if everyone thinks that would be better/safer.

I thought the tach out on the fans were just pulses, so could be merged. You just get a sum of the RPMs?
In all honesty I am not sure how the AQ5 works in this regard as I only use it for my pumps. But personally I would keep different models of fans on seperate headers, thats just me though! :-)

Dienstag, 31. Juli 2012, 21:51

Is there any real benefit to connecting the PA2s to the Aquaeron5 via Aquabus vs using the internal 5pin USB cables?

I noticed when plugged in via USB, the PA2s show up separately in their own Aqua-suite "window", but when connected via Aquabus, the pumps just show as additional fan channels. If running via USB is better, I may be out of luck as I ran out of USB header locations on my Motherboard. Any input on the pros/cons to the two connection methods.

PS
I have already given each PowerAdjust2 its own unique ID in the older software. Both function correctly, I just want to know which is the better method to control the pumps, USB connection or Aquabus.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Mr_Armageddon« (31. Juli 2012, 23:11)

Mittwoch, 1. August 2012, 01:51

I would use the AquaBus, that is what it was designed for.

You do get the added ability to fully configure the PA2's if they are on the USB header but really this is just something that needs to be done once. Do not beleive there is any advantage to controlling them via the USB header.

I made up some 3 pin cables which just stretch between the connectors on the PA2's, did the same for the molex power, daisy chaining them. Makes for a really clean look, no cable spaghetti behind the units!

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 11:40

I just finished rebuilding my watercooled setup and the last thing to do is install the Aquaero5 XT and the 3 PA2s Ultra.
Updated each PA2 Ultra with 1005 firmware and set their IDs to 50, 51 and 52.
Connected Aquaero5 XT and updated the firmware to 1025.
Powered down everything, connected Aquaero5 XT to PA2 from 1 to 3 using high speed Aquaero bus.
Aquaero 5 XT only sees the temperature sensors and fans from first PA2. After a couple of reboots and shut downs only sees the first and second PA2.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 18:26

Do the fans and sensors connected to the PA2s show up in Aquasuite 2012? If there is nothing connected to the PA2, the individual PA2 hardware does not show up in Aquasuite 2012.
If I read your question/problem correctly, I think your problem is with not having the Aquasuite 2012 put the correct Information pages into the Aquero XT. The Aquero 5 units are shipped with standard "Information pages" or LCD screens that it cycles through fresh out of the box. However, if I remember correctly, it will only show Temp sensor 1-4 on the screen even if all 8 temp sensors are connected on the Aquero itself. You have to add the Information Page for sensors 5-8 in order to see them on the Aquero5.
If the PA2 sensors and fans are visiable in Aquasuite 2012 as fans 6,7,8 or whatever, the temperature sensors should show up as Temperature sensors 9,10, 11 or something like that. Then all you should have to do is open Aquasuite 2012, open Aquero 5 section and then Information pages and find the one you want and install it on the Aquero displayed screen (right hand side) of the page and you should be good to go. Remember the little scroll down list at the top left of the information screens, it might have the screens you are looking for in there.
Good luck.
Unfortunatly, out of the three Aquero 5 units I have installed, I do not use any PA2s. And even wore, I have to say that I have found two cables, right out of the shipping baggie that were bad. Very poor crimp on one wire, and just broken circuit on the other. Since one cable was for my flow sensor, I was more than slightly frustrated at the time. I found that reading some of the German postings and trying to say the words in English was a very effective way of swearing new cuss words. :)
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Poweradjust setup Help needed

Samstag, 9. März 2013, 20:19

This thread is a good start but I'm still looking for some more clarification on how to set up the poweradjust units.
I've included a diagram of what I understand so far but still need some guidance.
Where do the single pin male connectors go?
Where does the 3 pin female cable, at end of Molex, go?
Do I need to buy special fan splitter cables to connect multiple fans to one poweradjust?
Do I need PWM fan splitter cables?

Thanks so much.
»marchitect« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • PowerAdjust-Setup.JPG

RE: Poweradjust setup Help needed

Montag, 8. April 2013, 08:14

This thread is a good start but I'm still looking for some more clarification on how to set up the poweradjust units.
I've included a diagram of what I understand so far but still need some guidance.
Where do the single pin male connectors go?
Where does the 3 pin female cable, at end of Molex, go?
Do I need to buy special fan splitter cables to connect multiple fans to one poweradjust?
Do I need PWM fan splitter cables?

Thanks so much.
I am in the same boat as you are (or were) lol. This poweradjust 2 unit doesn't explain things very well, and I just simply plugged my pump into the 3-pin power slot, and ran a 3-pin patch cable from the rpm header to the motherboard 3-pin header to shut down the system in a "no value" or "no rpm" situation, like another poster had written to do. I will connect my flow meter to the "flow" header too, but have no idea what the single-wire that branches off the 4-pin molex is for either...??? I have read that you can connect 3 matching fans to the 3-pin power slot via "y" cable and they'll register the rpm's and run fine...I have read that on here a few times actually!! If you figure it out, plz let me know if ya don't mind... In my situation, I'm lucky as I have a decent Zalman fan controller with 6 channels, and the last 2 are toggles as well. I also have a Sunbeamtech multi panel that has two fan control channels as well that my kids got me for xmas too so I'm covered on the fan control issue... oh and my Elysium case came with 2 of the fan control pcb's that give me like 6 spots each so...lol covered. Do you run an aquero too? or using the "aquabus" headers? I wasn't sure if they could be used for anything else or not?
oldcompgeek

Montag, 8. April 2013, 09:51