• 23.04.2024, 11:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 8. April 2013, 09:52

I can leave the 140mm fan on the AQ5, if everyone thinks that would be better/safer.

I thought the tach out on the fans were just pulses, so could be merged. You just get a sum of the RPMs?
In all honesty I am not sure how the AQ5 works in this regard as I only use it for my pumps. But personally I would keep different models of fans on seperate headers, thats just me though! :-)
hi,how do u hook the pump to the AQ5? would i take my aquastream xt pump and hook to what then to what,do i have to have fans connected to the pump or just take the fans that are on the rad and put them into the curve with the pump on the 4 channel i;m i right ..lol so i hook my pump up to fan channel 4(how do i do this) then make my curve and put fans that are on rad in that curve?

Montag, 8. April 2013, 11:01

TYVM!! Must've overlooked that thread I reckon, but appreciate it...

Dienstag, 9. April 2013, 03:39

Does this post help you and answer your questions? I was in the same boat and put those images together, hopefully to help others. The last image should answer your questions. However, READ THE POST CAREFULLY, MY DIAGRAM IS SLIGHTLY WRONG !!. I didn't fix the final image, but if you read the post, you will see that I should have drawn the Aquabus cable to the 3 pin header to the right. It is clearly labeled on the Aquaero as HIGH but I reversed the drawing.

Your only source for power out on the Poweradjust is the 3 pin header directly next to the Molex connector.
Another confusing thing is the cabling that comes in the Poweradjust box. The Molex to 3 pin is only for a specific Aquacomputer pump. If you are not using that pump you don't need that cable.

Mittwoch, 10. April 2013, 07:34

Does this post help you and answer your questions? I was in the same boat and put those images together, hopefully to help others. The last image should answer your questions. However, READ THE POST CAREFULLY, MY DIAGRAM IS SLIGHTLY WRONG !!. I didn't fix the final image, but if you read the post, you will see that I should have drawn the Aquabus cable to the 3 pin header to the right. It is clearly labeled on the Aquaero as HIGH but I reversed the drawing.

Your only source for power out on the Poweradjust is the 3 pin header directly next to the Molex connector.
Another confusing thing is the cabling that comes in the Poweradjust box. The Molex to 3 pin is only for a specific Aquacomputer pump. If you are not using that pump you don't need that cable.

It was EXTREMELY helpful, along with a couple others' help including jacksonfire on another site, which helped me to get it all figured out. I ordered a Aquero after thinking about the future plans for the system as well as the fact that I have a 2nd pump and PA2 as well, so ordering a 3rd PA2 and the cheaper Aquero 5 just seemed like the best decision for the build. I can use the 3rd PA2 either for fan control on the radiators, or for a 3rd pump set-up as a redundant backup in case of either of the first 2 failing. I wasn't going to use 2 pumps simultaneously but after doing some research, and on the advice of others, considering that I will eventually be running fluid through a total of 8 blocks, and 2 radiators, just one mcp350 would be working way too hard!! Sooo, in about the middle of the loop, I added my second mcp350 to keep flow rates consistent as well as splitting the workload between the two pumps. Considering that the "BMAVERICK" mcp350 pumps are only 32 bucks each-new anyway, the expense is worth it. Heck, getting 3 from his site is about the same cost (including shiupping) as a single pump would cost from swiftech...lol. And they have performed admirably... I will also be switching oput my black ice triple rad to a swiftech triple quiet power one due to the much less flow restriction...

Thanks again for the assistance with the hookups!!