• 24.05.2024, 16:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

[solved] Aquaero can voltage regulate D5 without tach sensor?

Samstag, 26. November 2011, 11:23

Hello fellow AC forum browsers.. as per topic "Aquaero can voltage regulate D5 without tach sensor?"...

I was wondering since I can't seem to get it to work, it either works at 0v, or 12v, can't get it to switch to 7v... I think it may be looking for a tach sensor which my D5 does not have.. Anyone manage to get a D5 running with voltage regulation without a rpm sensor?

Thanks..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »frank anderson« (15. Dezember 2011, 09:00)

Samstag, 26. November 2011, 14:29

Yes it does work. Are you using the Aquaero or a slave Poweradjust2? I have 2 D5s without tach working fine. In know the Poweradjust2 needs a setting turned off which you cant do with the new Aquasuite software, you have to use the old version with direct USB.
I think there is a setting for the Aquaero too but I dont have mine connected to USB at the moment so I cant tell you.
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Samstag, 26. November 2011, 15:11

I just checked mine, and the only thing I can think of is you might have it set to rpm control instead of power control? Should be power control when no RPM signal is available.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Mittwoch, 30. November 2011, 01:06

Yes it does work. Are you using the Aquaero or a slave Poweradjust2? I have 2 D5s without tach working fine. In know the Poweradjust2 needs a setting turned off which you cant do with the new Aquasuite software, you have to use the old version with direct USB.
I think there is a setting for the Aquaero too but I dont have mine connected to USB at the moment so I cant tell you.
I will try this... Thanks..

I just checked mine, and the only thing I can think of is you might have it set to rpm control instead of power control? Should be power control when no RPM signal is available.
I have checked and they are all set to "power controlled"...

The software should have settings from the old aquasuite and the new one, this is kind of silly to be switching back and forth, but at least once it's running, you can leave it and forget even after a windows reinstall.. Shoggy, perhaps you can pass this along to the programmers and allow full control of the PA via the 2012 and not having to resort to the "aquasuite_setup_4.72.00" at all... :D

Hard to describe my problem but in the controller menu, I can either set it to 0% or 100%, anything in between and it just pushes 12v.. in the Fan's menu, anything above 1.0v pushes 12v, leaving the pumps running at full speed.. (probably not as bad if I can find a way to decouple my bitspower d5 dual block, that thing is noisy)... Hope this pics can help get a better understanding..

My fans are working fine..

Mittwoch, 30. November 2011, 08:55

Ok now ive seen a screen shot I can see you are talking about your pumps being on PA2s, they are not on the A5.

What that means is that as I mentioned above you need to use aquasuite 4.7.2 direct USB to each PA2 and turn off a check box If you want non-rpm devices to have variable power.

You need to uncheck startup boost parameter "active when no speed signal is measured". The PA2 defaults to 100% when no RPM signal is present as a failsafe. You need to uncheck this box to disable it as otherwise it wont reduce the voltage below 12V, which means you cant vary the speed. This is a safety feature though, designed for applying maximum voltage if the RPM signal stops. So it should be left on if you are using an RPM signal on the PA2s. :)

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2011, 09:00

Ok now ive seen a screen shot I can see you are talking about your pumps being on PA2s, they are not on the A5.

What that means is that as I mentioned above you need to use aquasuite 4.7.2 direct USB to each PA2 and turn off a check box If you want non-rpm devices to have variable power.

You need to uncheck startup boost parameter "active when no speed signal is measured". The PA2 defaults to 100% when no RPM signal is present as a failsafe. You need to uncheck this box to disable it as otherwise it wont reduce the voltage below 12V, which means you cant vary the speed. This is a safety feature though, designed for applying maximum voltage if the RPM signal stops. So it should be left on if you are using an RPM signal on the PA2s. :)
ah This worked a charm.. Thanks :)