• 25.04.2024, 01:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

aquaero, multiswitch and poweradjust help before purchase please

Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011, 02:46

Hi guys,

I'm starting a new build and I'm in serious need of advice. The build can be found here http://www.overclock.net/t/1178217/build…c#post_15841485

- Fans: I like these fans: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12204/…ml?tl=g36c15s60. What do you guys think?

I would really like to control all the rad fans with a aquaero XT. But i am not certain that it is possible. If I go push/pull on all rads (3 XSPC360 v2), the aquaero will have to control 18 fans but I don't think that it will have enough power. So I was thinking about going push/pull on the MB side (I'm using a case labs M8 BTW) with the rad above the MB and only push on the PSU side (2 rads one top and one bottom). That would make 6 fans on the first channel, 3 on the second and 3 on the third. But when I check the specs of the fans it says 3.6W which means that the aquaero would need to provide 43.2W max. Is that possible? I know that aquacomputer sells a[url]http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2363[/url] , but would it be enough?

I just don't know about this. Google translate just doesn't make any sense. So I'd like to ask you guys, what should I buy at aquacomputer to control all those fans, preferably 18 (3 rads push/pull) but 12 fans would be okay. And what about that poweradjust gizmo, what does that do? Should I get one of those with the aquaero to provide sufficient power? If so, How will I connect all of this stuff together? Oy, my head hurts lol

I also have a couple of modding questions which some of you might be able to help me with:

- Anyone know the diameter of the screws used for the XSPC rev2?

- I'm going to do the cabling myself, which one is for the fans and which is for the atx and MB connector? AWG18 or AWG24?

- I will also need 3 x 360 dust filters, which one should I get? There is really a lot of dust here in China. Should I get individual filters or a 360 filter?

- What kind of cable clips are you guys using for the cable management?

And finally, one more question regarding an aquacomputer's device

I'd like to control the fan and res leds and 2 cold cathodes with an aquacomputer multiswitch. If I buy pre wired LEDs and cold cathodes, will i need to modify something to connect them to the device? What kind of connectors will I need? Aquacomputer sells some stuff but I really don't know what it's for. Like http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2420 ?

That's it i think. That's a bunch of questions, sorry about that ;)

Thanks for reading any help would be greatly appreciated.

Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 05:25

hi guys,

the members at overclock.net were able to help me with most of the questions that I had but they couldn't help me with the multiswitch:

The plan is to use a multiswitch to control the LEDs of the fans (29 total, the fans come with an on/off switch which is already mounted) but they wouldn't need to be powered (already powered by PSU). Is it possible?
I will also have 4 more LEDs in the reservoir and two cold cathodes, those will need to be powered, what kind of connectors will I need to connect them to the multiswitch.

I just can't figure this device out. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011, 14:48

So if the LEDs of the fans are already powered by the PSU; how do you want to control them with the multiswitch? You will have to connect the LEDs to the multiswitch because otherwise you will get no control over their brightness etc.

You can connect cold cathodes with their inverters to the power outputs. You have eight power outputs on the multiswitch and also eight outputs for LEDs which can be also used for a single LED per channel.

Well, no real problem here. The big questions is how you want to connect everything and how you want to control it.