• 24.04.2024, 17:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

aphasia

Aquero 5 XT - Replacement Touchscreen Control Buttons & Faulty Fan Amp 3?

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 15:58

i just received my replacement touchscreen control buttons from Aquacomputer.
the old touchscreen buttons haven't worked for some time (only way to control unit was via the remote or thru Aquasuite 2012 in windows), thought i'd try the screen insert anyway.
basically the unit doesn't register any imput from touching the screen at all. the LEDs on the right of screen don't light up either from memory.
after dismantling the faceplate realised the old touchsceen insert is attached to the PCB with double sided tape.

easier to see the tape at the corner of the glass in pic below...

thought there was some instructions on how to remove this in one of the forum threads, can't for the life of me find it.
the only way i can see to remove the old insert is with a razor blade tho i thought i better check here before trying that.

thought i'd also mention i'm having problems with 'Fan3' on the controller (overcurrent error) tho i did mention that in another thread.
it doesn't seem to matter what fan is connected to 'Fan3', nothing attached to this fan header seems to spin up.
shoggy did say in the other thread it's probably a hardware fault. is this something i can troubleshoot on my own or do i need to send the entire unit back?

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011, 06:11

When I removed the cover on my Aquaero 5 XT I used a small screwdriver at the upper part by the enter, the button with the red lights this area has the most tape once you get this off the rest peals off easier just take your time and don't bend the plastic too much and peel evenly as you go. As far as the fan error I can't help but I have read about similar problems on this forum some one can help. I believe I was told in a E Mail from support that the 2012 Aqua suite would have a feature that would disable the touch sensitive buttons maybe check this to see if they are disabled. That new cover has nothing to do with the buttons not working, it's for the hyper sensitivity problem that some people have had. When I started using my new PSU ( Thermaltake Grand tough power 1200W ) The hyper sensitivity problem stopped and I didn't use the new cover.

aphasia

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011, 17:50

When I removed the cover on my Aquaero 5 XT I used a small screwdriver at the upper part by the enter, the button with the red lights this area has the most tape once you get this off the rest peals off easier just take your time and don't bend the plastic too much and peel evenly as you go. As far as the fan error I can't help but I have read about similar problems on this forum some one can help. I believe I was told in a E Mail from support that the 2012 Aqua suite would have a feature that would disable the touch sensitive buttons maybe check this to see if they are disabled. That new cover has nothing to do with the buttons not working, it's for the hyper sensitivity problem that some people have had. When I started using my new PSU ( Thermaltake Grand tough power 1200W ) The hyper sensitivity problem stopped and I didn't use the new cover.
thanks for your imput.
i figured getting the original screen insert off would be a case of doing it 'slowly & carefully'.
regarding the buttons, i've disabled/enabled the touch screen buttons in Aquasuite 2012 and it doesn't seem to do anything. from what i can tell, the touch screen buttons are dead (no LEDs lit on right side buttons).

think i'll need to dig up the 'hardware reset' procedure. if that doesn't work, guess i'll just have to wait on shoggy to drop in.

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011, 17:56

If you have done all you can with the software I think I would start the RMA

aphasia

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011, 19:55

If you have done all you can with the software I think I would start the RMA

yeah hoping to avoid that. this i my second unit. first one i returned to my retail outlet in australia. i'd do the same thing again except they no longer
stock the aquaero 5 (i'm guess b/c of all the problems/returns they've had to deal with).

unless shoggy has any further tips, i'll just have to RMA as suggested.

be nice if they (aquacomputer) could do a cross-shipping arrangement. i provide
CC details, they ship an new unit. once i receive replacement, i ship the
faulty one back.

aphasia

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2011, 14:03

bump

shoggy,
have sent you a PM requesting details on RMA/cross-shipping procedure for my faulty aquaero 5XT.

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011, 06:11

How do you get the photos to work I choose the file and try to upload but i get an error message PHP warning in file

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011, 07:20

How do you get the photos to work I choose the file and try to upload but i get an error message PHP warning in file
upload to a site like imageshack or photo bucket and use the [img] tag.. :)

[quote='aphasia',index.php?page=Thread&postID=1368415#post1368415][size=10]bump

shoggy,
have sent you a PM requesting details on RMA/cross-shipping procedure for my faulty aquaero 5XT.[/size][/quote]Can you just send it back to AC and let them deal with it considering what a PITA it is to remove the screen entirely, I would not be dismantling anything if it was under warranty.. Just my $0.02 :D[/img]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »frank anderson« (17. Dezember 2011, 07:24)

aphasia

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011, 08:44

upload to a site like imageshack or photo bucket and use the [img] tag.. :)

[quote='aphasia',index.php?page=Thread&postID=1368415#post1368415][size=10]bump

shoggy,
have sent you a PM requesting details on RMA/cross-shipping procedure for my faulty aquaero 5XT.[/size][/quote]Can you just send it back to AC and let them deal with it considering what a PITA it is to remove the screen entirely, I would not be dismantling anything if it was under warranty.. Just my $0.02 :D[/quote]

REPLY....
===========================================================================
the aquaero 5 is meant to be dismantled (in a limited way) as they (AC), sell replacement 'facia' face plates. regarding removing the actual glass plate off the PCB (stuck on with double sided tape), have to agree with you, not really game to removing this myself.

on a side note, think you need to clean up your post a bit, the tags got messed up.

one aspect of this forum i don't like, the text box on replies creates a preview of post (includes actual pics & removes the tags ie - [] [/] etc).
be better if they left the 'text reply' box as pure text only and only show a 'preview' of post after you click the 'preview' button. as it stands now, the preview button is kinda redundant.
===========================================================================[/img]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »aphasia« (17. Dezember 2011, 08:50)

aphasia

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011, 08:46

arhhh, now it's messed up my reply above, it's put reply inside the 'quote' box.

they way this forum handles posts is just messy. they should use the technique overclock.net & HardOCP employ (and a ton of other forums).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »aphasia« (17. Dezember 2011, 08:52)

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2011, 03:35

lol yea I tried fixing that but I gave up after a couple minutes.. :D

I understand the device was meant to be disabled, but it seems the time you invested on trying to fix the darn thing, it's just not worth it to bother.. I would rather just send it back and let them deal with it... well at least they won't pull a "you broke it during dismantling so we won't RMA your Aquaero"... I love AC customer service..

aphasia

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2011, 09:10

lol yea I tried fixing that but I gave up after a couple minutes.. :D

I understand the device was meant to be disabled, but it seems the time you invested on trying to fix the darn thing, it's just not worth it to bother.. I would rather just send it back and let them deal with it... well at least they won't pull a "you broke it during dismantling so we won't RMA your Aquaero"... I love AC customer service..
agreed. just waiting on shoggy to get back to me. the AC site isn't exactly english language friendly in some parts.

aphasia

Montag, 19. Dezember 2011, 08:21

bit of an update, stuck my aquaero 5 back in my case, sick of having a half finished PC on desk for the last couple of months.
i can limp along with only 3 fan headers & non-fuctioning screen buttons for a while.

anyway for sh!ts & giggles hooked up a old 120mm fan to the 3rd fan header as the fan amps were getting hot (50C).
the fan spun up ok but don't get a RPM reading.

pic grabbed from within AquaSuite 2012 beta10 (nice feature, saves getting camera out).

as you can see, no reading on RPM or percentage (fan @ 70% in aquasuite). the other concerning thing is the mA at 1985.
all the other fan headers (with 2 fans each) sit at around 200mA's.

aphasia

Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2011, 04:29

finally gave up on AE5. returned it to my local retailer for a full refund.
i'll miss the unit features but not the headaches. having gone thru 2 faulty units, enough was enough.
i'll definitely look at getting a new one, perhaps when a new hardware revision is released.

want to thank shoggy for his help during my trials. if there is an updated AE5, let me know.

cheers.