• 18.04.2024, 15:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 PRO help

Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012, 11:56

Hi,

Got around to installing my new aquaero pro 5 over the break and I dont know if I've wired it up wrong or what but the screen is only showing on the left half of the display but with the right sides image. I'll take a picture when I get home later if you need to see what the problem is.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jules

Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012, 20:45

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my Pro. Basically, the unit would work perfectly outside of the case, but once installed, sometimes it would be OK, sometimes the screen would be garbled with similar symptoms like yours.

First I thought that the contact between the LCD screen and the printed circuit board became loose, but after I checked and tightened everything I still had the problem occasionally. In the end I figured out that the problem occurs if I tighten the screws that actually hold the unit in the 5.25" bay to hard.

Try your unit outside of the case and/or check the connection between the LCD and the printed circuit board, maybe that helps.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Freitag, 6. Januar 2012, 07:26

Hi Boris & All,

That worked. I unscrewed the Pro from the case and I got full screen again. As I turn even one of the screws into the Pro the screen flickers and I lose half of the display. I have looked at the design of the mounting method on the Pro and the arms dont seem to cause any stress on the board so I dont know what the issue could be. I have pressed the screen connector a bit to see if that was causing the problem but it doesnt help. Could it be a grounding issue?

On another note and I dont know if this will shed any further light on the problem. When I have the screen running correctly with no screws in the unit I am unable to see the device via aquasuite. I select "Find USB device" from the Extras menu but nothing happens. I have tried plugging the USB connector into different USB headers on the motherboard which I know work and nothing happens.

Thanks in advance,

Jules

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 14:43

Hi Jules,

I also suspected a grounding issue. If I leave the Aquaero powered while inserting it in the 5.25" bay and the mounting brackets of the Aquaero touch on the DVD-RW drive which is mounted below it, the controller reboots.

On the other hand, once I mounted the controller and it works, I have no further problems with it. I can see it over USB as well.

Kind regards,
Boris.