• 24.04.2024, 10:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5LT Pro / Aquasuite 2012 - Lowering FAN RPM = Rise in temperature "Electronic" & software sensor tool confusion

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 03:49

Hi All

I am having one monster of a time figuring some of this new hardware / software out; my biggest query is regarding control of fan speed RPM effecting something listed as "Electronic" and a temperature in degrees C.

If i lower the fan RPM manually (preparing for a curve control setup) this electronic figure rises, once it hits 99 degrees the fans roar back up to 100% RPM until the temp drops, this repeats until i set the fans back to 100% where the temp drops to 42 ish degrees.

From what i can tell Fan 1 and 2 are common as the temp for this variable matches, and same with 3 & 4 but these figures have nothing to do with any of my 2 water loop input sensors that record 32 degree liquid.

I do also want some help getting sensor information from my motherboard input into the AQ LT 5 but need the first issue sorted before i can move onto this, i use AIDA64 and have downloaded the Aquasuite software to input the data, when i click on sensor 1-4 i just get a big white box and ok button.

One other question, why are 2 of my 4 fan controllers outputs having RPM fluctuations where as the other 2 are steady RPM...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »AdydasNZ« (8. Januar 2012, 08:12)

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 14:35

Hi AdydasNZ,

What you are probably seeing is the temperature of the fan power amplifiers. They are used to control your fans. The more you lower the voltage for your fans from the nominal 12 V, the more the controller has to "work" and the more heat it dissipates. Once the temperature of the amplifier reaches 95C it will go into "safe" mode, trying to reduce load and the regulated voltage will go back to 12V where the controller has the least work to do.

What sort of heat-sink do you have installed on your Aquaero? There are several options, including a water-cooled block. Depending on what heat-sink you use, you will be able to connect more fans to the headers.

As for the AIDA64 problem, you have to go to Preferences -> External Applications and enable "Enable shared memory" in AIDA. Once the options is enabled, you can choose which sensors in AIDA you want to share with other programs. This will allow Aquacomputer software to pick-up whatever AIDA is sharing.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 21:31

As for the AIDA64 answer thank you so much, was a low priority but a big win to see my CPU and GPU temps in Aquasuite helping me to persevere with this. I started to figure out that lowering the RPM was increasing the temp of something on the controller so was pretty sure what you said was true.

I guess i convinced myself that paying $350 NZ Dollars for a fan controller would deliver me a product that would do what i needed without additional equipment being required to prevent the device from overheating and going into safe mode. I guess if i only had 4 fans connected the heat build up would be so minor it would function as i want but connecting a push - pull water cooling setup with in excess of 10 fans is a different story.

This isnt so bad as now i have the device partly working i am keen to get more functions running but do wish the supplier website aquatuning.com mentioned "Are you planning to run more than 6 fans off this device, if so add a water cooling block or upgraded heatsink" rather than me learning this lesson then having to faff around buying additional extras at another freight cost.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts with your answers as i Google for hours trying to self answer.

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 22:39

Hi AdydasNZ,

No problem, I am glad I could help.

It can be very frustrating trying to figure out all of the possibilities of the controller. Especially since there is no comprehensive manual in English yet.

Aqua computer could also use some sort of a configurator in their web shop, especially since first-time buyers will have no idea what they need. It would be nice if you could configure the controller prior to buying it, for instance with a black face plate and a water block. From my understanding, final assembly is done by hand anyway so they should be able to make custom ordered units.

I am not sure what kind of heat-sink was shipped with your unit, there are two optional types in the shop:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2692 - bigger passive heat-sink
and
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2671 - water block

Also, you could use the passive heat-sink but force some airflow through it. I have seen people bolt on 40mm fans on theirs.

Finally, you can add up to 6 Poweradjusts - http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2671

It is basically an expansion module with a higher power rating (25 W). Each Poweradjust gives you one additional Fan/Pump connection, 1 temperature sensor connection and one flow sensor connection. If connected through Aquabus with the Aquaero they integrate seamlessly as another channel of Aquaero.

Things can get really expensive really fast if you go all out with the accessories, but this thing is so cool it's hard not to use all of it's possibilities. :D

Kind regards,
Boris.

Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 04:30

Hello, apart from what Boris said, I just want to add.. The Water block vs Heat Sink difference is night and day, I highly suggest purchasing that. As martin said, this is a "geek dream come true product"... having the water block allows me to push 5v 800-900rpm on my fans while remaining at less than 50c on the VRM.

On another note, what version AIDA64 are you using? I tried the "shared memory" setting and I don't see my CPU in the software controller section, I see 4 settings there but they are all listed as 50c and I have no idea what they are linked to.

Aquasuite 2012 Beta 10 firmware v100? (not at home right now, it's their latest version as of last week)
AIDA64 1.20.1150

Thanks

Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 09:46

bcikota

I think a configurator would be a fantastic suggestion, if i knew in advance i needed the water block for my application i would have hands down got it, in fact i didn't know until now such a block existed if i did know i would have likely got it just because i had water loops that i would happily tap it into.. I guess my biggest frustration is that a water block the size of what.. block of chocolate is going to cost me $50 in freight or more frustrating is that i have to wait another week or two to receive it as i am on the other side of the world when i just want to have some more time to play around with this device.

I do have the bigger passive heat-sink on the unit now and to be honest when running and it says its hot i can hold my hand pretty close and not feel anything..

I am really surprised they don't ship with black front covers standard and sell the chrome as accessories considering how many cases are sold black and not silver, Corasir, Caselabs, Antec etc etc.. Oh wait i know why, money.. if they sell the black as an accessory they will sell more product =)

My accessory list is likely to stay as just 2 more flow sensors, im very limited on my motivation to add more as you rightly point out due to the cost (more the cost to get it here as the price on the parts is pritty good / fair).

Frank Anderson

I use AIDA64 version 2.0 .1700 currently and have no issue with shared memory outputting to aqua suite software sensor tool, my issue now is getting Aquasuite 2012 beta 10 to accept the data from the software sensor tool so it is usable; Did you enable shared memory then scroll 3/4 down the list and tickbox CPU, GPU, HDD etc as your nominated outputs?

I have already ordered the water block, now i just have to sit tight and wait...

Outstanding questions :

If anyone knows how to get aqua suite 2012 beta 10 to recognise the software sensor tool inputs i am keen to hear from them.

If anyone knows how to get the software sensor tool to auto load with Win 7 and remember the AIDA64 nominated sensors i wish to monitor that would also be good, currently it loads at start-up for the 4 sensors are blank and i have to manually reselect them..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »AdydasNZ« (9. Januar 2012, 09:49)

Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 18:23

frank anderson

You need to use the Software sensor tool. You can download it from the following link: http://aquacomputer.de/tl_files/aquacomp…uterService.rar

Once you have it running, and sensor data sharing in AIDA enabled, you can set which AIDA data will be assigned to which software sensor.

AdydasNZ

I feel your pain. I live much closer to Europe, but unfortunately, my country is not a part of EU. This means high postage fees and long customs procedures. Depending on luck, some things can take several weeks to arrive. It kills me to see that the package has traveled from the US or China in 3 days and is then waiting at customs to be checked for one week or more. ;(

If you are going to use 2 flow sensors you are going to have to re-configure one fan channel to be used for that, in addition to one native flow sensor connection. So you will be left with three fan channels. The other way is to use a Poweradjust module, which has one flow sensor connection on it.

Software sensor tool remember settings between restarts for me. In the program folder there is a settings.xml file where it saves the configuration. You need to close the program at least once before it saves anything.

To use the software sensors in Aquasuite, I just run the software sensor tool and then go to Sensors -> Software temperature sensors in Aquasuite. You should see the four assigned channels, with the names you gave them. Then you enable the sensor which you want to use. Once enabled, I can use it for controlling etc...

From reading the German forums, the software sensor tool is just a proof of concept right now. It has some nasty memory leaks and not a lot of possibilities, so it should get better with updates...

Kind regards,
Boris.

Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 21:23

I have managed to get the software sensor tool to start-up and recall its memory (didn't change anything so that's odd) but for the life of me i cannot see the data in aqua suite 2012 beta 10 under any of the sensor options - very bizzare and most likely caused by things being a beta rather than a final release.

I will keep trying as perseverance has paid off so far, Do i need to make the "name" field match the name of the aqua sensor tool to make it detectable?

I likely wont ever get around to the flow sensors for quite some time for now my goals are simple: install water block, control fans & enjoy.

I am also having a hell of a time trying to figure out why 2 of the 4 fan controller channels have a fixed RPM output and the other two channels RPM fluctuates; it reads 100% and 11.7 and 11.8v respectively but my GPU Pull fans and CPU push fans go from 800-1200RPM

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »AdydasNZ« (10. Januar 2012, 00:40)