• 20.04.2024, 05:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

drbo

Mittwoch, 7. März 2012, 15:21

Only problems with beta 13 and fw1022 for me, and no possibility to go back to older fw. Everything was working before upgrade ...
Hope for a new beta soon. :cursing:
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Mittwoch, 7. März 2012, 15:40

I haven't had any problems with the latest beta (knock on wood). Even the Overview pages imported without problems. Did not see many complaints on the German forum also.

It is unfortunate that this great device is still very finicky. Users should not be terrified every time a new update comes (even though it is in beta). ;(

Hopefully it will keep getting better...

Kind regards,
Boris.

Mittwoch, 7. März 2012, 16:15

Mines been working fine the last few months & had no issues with any of the updates........Until now :(..... Now all of a sudden my 5XT keeps rebooting at regular intervals & always just as it changes screen from fan 5 (which is on a PA2)... Very annoying to say the least... :cursing:
N.
Edit..... Ok...Manage to sort out the constant re-booting with a Re-flash of the firmware...All is now well again with Nam's 5XT :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (7. März 2012, 22:23)

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012, 21:44

Latest beta is out. They rewrote the USB stack, should fix the connection problems people were having.

I flashed the new firmware, profiles imported without problems, Aquasuite also seems OK.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 14:22

I flashed the new firmware, profiles imported without problems, Aquasuite also seems OK.

Kind regards,
Boris.
So far.

How long have you been running it Boris? It can't be too long.

I hope they fixed the memory leaks, which were still there in version 12, and, to a lesser extent in 13. They seem to be making progress, though; Beta 12 is working very well and, except for the memory leak problem, is running just fine. At least it runs fine for a while, couple of hours. Then either the memory leaks or the USB communication problem cause it to fail.

They have a very ambitious goal for their company, and are moving ahead with it. That is amazing considering that they appear to have a fairly small staff.

I support them all the way, and hope that business takes off and climbs for them. They do great design and execution.

P.S. For those who want to go back to earlier versions of Aquasuite, just save the files as you download them from Aquacomputer. Rename them to indicate their version number. Thus you'd rename the new version from "Aquasuite_2012_setup_x64.exe" to "Aquasuite_2012_beta14_setup_x64.exe." I've got all of them back to Beta 10, I think, maybe to 9.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 14:32

I don't think they actually changed much in Aquasuite from Beta 13 (if anything). If I understand correctly they've put everything on hold until they fixed the USB connection problem.

Hopefully now, with the rewrite of the USB stack, those problems are solved and they can get back to adding features and fixing bugs.

As long as I can import my Overview page and profile in Aquaero and everything runs as before, I am happy. :)

Kind regards,
Boris.

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 16:13

There seem to be a number of gripes about the new Beta 14 over on the German pages. Since I don't speak German, I have to rely on Google Translate, which usually mangles what they are saying. But still, it seems that there are some problems. On the other hand, several members report that Beta 14 is running just fine, with the new firmware too.

I do realize that this is a BETA release of the software, and thus don't expect it to be perfect. It does work surprisingly well for a beta test version, and that speaks highly of the effort that Sebastian and the other programmers are putting into developing AS 2012.

I just avoid any new beta release if it is found to be crashing or something. My computer is enough of a pain in the behind already, so I don't want to add to it. :P
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

drbo

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 20:56

Not much info in english ...
Tried to upgrade from beta 12. NO success - updates firmware, restarts ... and no, still fw1021.
Then tried to upgrade via the laptop, same result.
So I'm back to beta 12. :(
WS: W10 | Asus Rog Strix X299 | i7-7820X | Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti | Dominator 32GB | Corsair 860AXi | 512GB Samsung EVO 970 |WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 3x EK-CoolStream PE 480 | LD PC-V8
Gamer:W10 | Asus R4E | i7 3930K | 3x Asus HD 7970 CF | Dominator 16GB| Corsair 1200AXi | 2x120GB I520 Raid0 | WC: EK-Waterblocks | AC- Monitor and Control | 4x Airplex PRO 360 | MM Extended Ascension

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 21:22

Hi drbo,

There is not much news due to them concentrating on fixing the USB problems with this update. After seeing Scott's comments I've looked on the German forums and it seems like there are a couple of people still having problems with the devices connected to the same USB hub as Aquaero.

If you want to update your device, you can try the Recovery procedure described here. Keep in mind that Martin managed to brick his device and it is now permanently stuck in Recovery mode. He thinks it was due to him flashing an older version of the firmware over the latest one.

Kind regards,
Boris.

iBeta2

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 23:22

There is not much news due to them concentrating on fixing the USB problems with this update. After seeing Scott's comments I've looked on the German forums and it seems like there are a couple of people still having problems with the devices connected to the same USB hub as Aquaero.
Please tell me one of the devices is not the AquastreamXT.

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 03:19

Not much info in english ...
Tried to upgrade from beta 12. NO success - updates firmware, restarts ... and no, still fw1021.
Then tried to upgrade via the laptop, same result.
So I'm back to beta 12. :(

Mine would not update the firmware either, kept saying it did then upon reboot it was back to the original firmware.

What I did was to install Beta 14 then just unplug and reconnect the USB header whilst the windows was runnning, it reinstalled the driver. I then ran the software, updated the firmware and my XT restarted itself without a reboot with the latest firmware. If that does not work try unplugging the USB header with aquasuite running then update the fw.

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 09:01

No mention of AquastreamXT for now, a couple of users have a problem with the mouse freezing after the Aquasuite is started. Both seem to have a Logitech wireless mouse with the unifying receiver.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 11:51

No mention of AquastreamXT for now, a couple of users have a problem with the mouse freezing after the Aquasuite is started. Both seem to have a Logitech wireless mouse with the unifying receiver.

Kind regards,
Boris.
I am running with the unifying receiver without problems here, have 2 mice and both respond without issue. I did think it was only when the mouse etc.. were connected to the same USB header which I find strange especially if you connect the unit directly to the motherboard. I did suffer from Aquasuite losing the aquaero info (no fan names etc...) but never had an issue with non responsive mice or kepyoards, perhaps it is limited to a certain chipset type.

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 16:16

Keep in mind that Martin managed to brick his device and it is now permanently stuck in Recovery mode. He thinks it was due to him flashing an older version of the firmware over the latest one.
I don't think that flashing back to an older version of the firmware is what killed his AE 5. I flashed back from firmware 1022 (AS Beta 13) to 1021 (Beta 12) when I found AS Beta 13 to be a bit more problematic than Beta 12 was. There have been no problems. I think that somewhere in the comments in Martin's article he muses that he bricked his unit by trying to push it too far, too often, for "testing purposes."

Anyway, since the AE 5 line of controllers is fully autonomous, I don't need or want to keep AS 2012 running when I am not actively monitoring settings or changing something. Under those conditions, Beta 12 works perfectly for me right now. When they finish up on the software sensor service, as they are now, then I might want to run AS 2012 continuously. However, if they change the software sensor service so that it reports the selected values directly to the AE 5, that would be REALLY GREAT (all capital letters mean a hint and wink to the Aquacomputer guys who read this 8) ). Then AS 2012 would not have to run in the background.

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 18:03

I think that somewhere in the comments in Martin's article he muses that he bricked his unit by trying to push it too far, too often, for "testing purposes."
I was just reading one of Martin's 12 (so far, and counting) 360mm radiator reviews and decided to look again at the comments on his "preview" of the AE 5 XT. It seems that Boris and I were both right. Martin seems to have bricked his first AE 5 XT by overworking it, as per my quote above. Aquacomputer and Shoggy sent him a replacement, which he then bricked by trying to update to FW 1021 from 1020, or trying to roll back from 1020 to 1019. There is one post that implies strongly that he got stuck in permanent recovery mode from updating, and another where he speculates that flashing backwards (downdating?) from 1020 to 1019 is what locked up his AE 5 XT.

Again, mine flashed backwards to a lower # firmware release with no trouble at all. I did not even have to use recovery mode.

drbo

Samstag, 21. April 2012, 15:59

Finally, got beta14 to work.
What I did. Updatet the fw. When Aquaro restarted, i just unplugged the usb, AS and the pc continued to run. AS was shut down The i pressed OK. I then just let the pc and the aquaro contunue, until the aquaero what fully up and go again, and a could see that 1024 was running. I then shut down the PC and reconnected the usb.
This is not the most stable AS beta version I have had, but I dont need i running ...
drbo 8)

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012, 22:02

i upgraded to beta 14 and still have comm errors. this time it's slightly different tho.

so i updated the software and firmware successfully. changed all my settings manually, made my controllers and one page (because guess what...profile settings and pages won't import).

quit aquasuite, restarted aquasuite, now AS shows shows two 'aquaero 5' devices. one is dimmed out and the other can be deleted. so i deletes the one that can be deleted and now all fan settings, temp sensors, etc are gone. restarting the pc or aquasuite doesn't fix the problem.

i guess i'm the stupid one, every beta tester i know, test software and/or hardware without incurring any cost to them. i actually paid aquacomputer to beta test.

Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012, 10:14

Heh, it can get a bit frustrating.

Try deleting all instances of Aquaero from the Device manager.

As far as importing goes, I noticed that sometimes the saved export files have an error at the end, a character or two too much. Once I delete it it imports without a problem. Maybe you can take a look next time.

Kind regards,
Boris.

iBeta2

Samstag, 5. Mai 2012, 17:33

Heh, it can get a bit frustrating.

Try deleting all instances of Aquaero from the Device manager.

As far as importing goes, I noticed that sometimes the saved export files have an error at the end, a character or two too much. Once I delete it it imports without a problem. Maybe you can take a look next time.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Where should 'Aquaero' be in Device manager?

I'm running Win7x64 and have never seen the 'Aquaero' (by name) in the Device manager.

DAntES

unregistriert

Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2012, 00:00

Guys please if anyone have, share aold version of aquasuite. Mine old doesn work but I have no installation of it and new version is so suck and it doesnt see my MCP35x and any of sensors.