• 23.04.2024, 11:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Electrical Connections Question

Montag, 16. Januar 2012, 19:39

Greetings,

I have somewhat of an odd question for you guys: Can I combine all of the ground wires together for multiple fans and outputs without smoking the board?

I have a small mid tower case holding all of my gear but, it is to small for the radiator to housed internally. The radiator will sit on a shelf immediatly above the computer case. The radiator will have two fans with each on a seperate fan output on my Aquacomputer LT board. I'd also like to hook up 2 temperator sensors for air, 2 temperature sensors for water (in and out) and a RGB LED from the LED output.

Instead of having 7 seperate cables hanging out the back of my case for all of these connections I had planned on using a 15 D Sub and combining everything into one single plug. Here's the problem: Everything listed above works out to 18 wires. (2 x 3 pin fans + 4 x 2 wire temperature sensors + 1 x 4 pin LED)

So, can I tie all of the grounds together? If I can where would be the best place on the Aquacomputer LT to connect it?

Can I do the same for the temperature sensors? Can one side of the temp sensors be tied together to a common ground? Would that throw off the readings? Burn up the board?

Thoughts?

wramey

Montag, 16. Januar 2012, 23:33

If you are referring to a two-conductor wire temperature sensor, then the short answer is "No." Each temperature sensor involves interpreting electrical resistance in a closed loop ("closed loop" are the important words). As the temperature rises or decreases, so does the resistance. It is this resistance that is measured in each two-conductor temperature sensor closed loop (notice how I worked in the words "closed loop" again).

If the temperature sensor involves a diode with three leads . . . that is another matter. One of the three leads is the "ground" that may be tied together with another ground lead of another diode temperature sensor.

A two-conductor wire temperature sensor does not have a ground lead.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wramey« (16. Januar 2012, 23:56)

DayRider

CaseLabs TH10A (Black) + Pedestal
2x Corsiar 1200i PSU (w/ mini-Commander Link)
Asus Ramage V MOBO
i7-5960X, 3 GHz, L3 20 MB, TDP 140 Watt, 8-core, Hyper-Threading
16GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2 2.4GHz
2x GeForce GTX Titans
4x Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB SSD Drives
AC6 Pro, 2x PA3 Ultra, Flow and Tube Meters, 1x Farbwerk
2x Aquacomputer D5 pumps with USB
5x OCOOL Radiators + 53 PWM fans
2x ViewSonic V3D245 26inch Monitors

Dienstag, 17. Januar 2012, 10:06

You may connect the ground of the fan wires. (black wire) - If you plan to regulate the fans together with one common controller you may combine the red wires too. The yellow ones are pwm control signal cables. If you combine them, your measurement will show up very strange rpm values. ^^
Well that are 2 wires less.
!Maybe! you can connect the black ground wires directly to the Case, because the ground lead is connected to the case in the power supply. You can test ist by connecting a fan to +12V and the ground of it to your case.
Another idea: Use a 25 D sub instead of a 15 pin d sub. like: (http://www.reichelt.de/Bauelemente/D-SUB…RT=0&OFFSET=16&)
Fürchtet den furchtbaren Fluch des Finsterwald-Fuchses!