• 25.04.2024, 10:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

AP2

aquero 5 XT - do i need a poweradjust?

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012, 06:17

So, im building a quiet hackintosh file server (2U) and decided to watercool my setup. these are the items that i have purchased thus far - 240 copper modularity rad/d5 pump/res combo, copper kryos HF cpu block, 3 copper micro harddrive blocks, and aquaero 5 xt. i plan on controlling the 2 fans on the radiator and 2 chassis fans. so with that said... do i need a poweradjust? if so, what are the differences between poweradjust and poweradjust 2?

thanks!

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012, 11:27

Hi AP2,

If I understood you correctly, you plan on connecting 4 fans to your Aquaero? If so, and if those fans are not some server cooling monsters (38 mm Deltas or similar), you should have no problems connecting them to Aquaero. I have 6 120 mm Yate Loons and 3 140 mm Noiseblockers on my Aquaero and the temperatures are reasonable.

I am not sure you can even buy Poweradjust any more, I only see Poweradjust 2 in the Aqua computer shop, but if you're not planning to connect anything else you don't need one.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (18. Januar 2012, 15:15)

Rioga

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012, 13:04

If you plan to connect d the D5 to the aquaero, you will need the powerAdjust2.

Regards

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012, 18:10

hello there..
It has been done, 2x D5 and 6 fans on the aquaero w/ waterblock..

search post by phatboy69, he did it on his setup..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »frank anderson« (18. Januar 2012, 18:12)

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012, 02:00

Personally I don't see the point of buying the PowerAdjust 2. The price of a PA2 with the mounting bracket is the same price as an Aquaero LT (without the mounting brackets however).

Then you have a ton of more fan and expansion options for the same cost of the PA2 & Bracket (Way more fans, sensors, etc).

When I expand, I plan to just add LT's instead of PA2's unless someone can provide a good reason why... Might be something I've missed since I can't read German.

Cheers
Tim

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012, 09:47

I think I read somewhere that you can only have two Aquaeros in the system at the same time. But that still gives you more channels/sensors then buying one Poweradjust 2.

Also, I remember reading something about an future update to the Aquaero firmware which would allow one of them to work as a slave device to the other.

One nice thing about a Poweradjust 2 is that you don't have to mount it in the free 5.25" space, you can put it anywhere in the case. It supports higher loads and you can daisy chain 6 of them I think.

Kind regards,
Boris.

AP2

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012, 11:28

thanks for all the replies!

i do plan on connecting the D5 to the aquaero, so it looks like i will need a poweradjust 2 correct? so in total i will have 2 noctua 120 fans for the rad, 2 80 noctua fans for chassis, d5 pump, and also a flow meter.

slightly off topic, but what is the best type of fluid and tube size for my setup?

thanks again!

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012, 11:57

Hm, I would agree with frank anderson that you could run those 4 fans and the pump with the Aquaero only, even maybe with the big passive cooler, if not that, with the water block for sure.

Check the measurements done here: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/12/20/a…ew-guide-wip/9/

And a fully loaded user installation: Fully Loaded Aquaero 5 XT Installation!

Kind regards,
Boris.

Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012, 17:47

If you can afford it I would go for the Poweradjust 2. Its my opinion that its better not to have such a load on the Aquaero, even though it can handle it. Its like driving your car fast all the time it will shorten the life span of it. I would go with the 3/8 (10 mm) hose I know that most will not agree but if you look at your water block the opening is only 3/8 at least on the Cuplex Kryos HF, I have also seen other forums that say 1/2 (13mm) does not have that much of a gain in performance. This make sense because the inline temperature sensors, & blocks usually reduce down to 3/8 any way.