• 17.05.2024, 14:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

MAJOR ISSUE: Tubemeter won't read accurately in distilled water - works fine in tap water

Samstag, 21. Januar 2012, 04:29

Updated: I did a test with distilled (which I use) and tap water. The tubemeter reads all over the place with distilled water. Works fine with a glass of tap water.

Yes I know that pure water does not have enough Ions to conduct electricity but distilled water does, just not as many (it's damn hard to create pure pure water).

Is there a way to calibrate this thing for distilled water?

---

Here is the version info after I've plugged it into the USB on the motherboard and running Aquasuite 4.72 since it supports tubemeters directly. \

The Firmware is 1.07

OS is 1.01

Hardware is 1.01

Serial# 02870

Production Date: 02/2008

Flash counter: 0001

According to Aquasuite, this is the latest firmware available.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Thorvald« (21. Januar 2012, 05:43)

Samstag, 21. Januar 2012, 05:15

Ok, the new beta 12 of 2012 supports basic reading from the Tubemeter now (but only if it is on the Aquabus low, did not find mine via USB).

So I moved it back to Aquabus and have a graph going. Level goes from 33-56% randomly. Averages out at 44.9 with a max of 255% (I've seen a few spikes that caused that).

Still not reading accurately or stable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Thorvald« (21. Januar 2012, 05:24)

Sonntag, 22. Januar 2012, 22:13

Hi Thorvald,

My tubemeter is showing a steady level in the distilled water that I got from the gas station. :) Can't vouch about it's purity, but from my understanding it is very difficult (and expensive) to produce pure water. Anyway, there have been a few discussions about the tubemeter operation in non-conductive liquids but I did not see anyone coming forward with a definite answer.

I do have the problem with the level every once in a while showing 0 or 255, basically making the tubemeter useless for any kind of alarm. From reading the German forums this is a known problem but there is no feedback from Aqua computer guys whether are doing something about it.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 17:07

Well I gave up, must be buying really pure distilled water here. So I ordered a bottle of AC (Anti-Corrosive) from Aquatuning and followed the 2% as per the german on the bottle lol. So 1.8L of water = 36ml of AC.

Appears to be working now, meter shows 70% (Danger Den Monsoon res and 1/8 to 1/4 adapter doesn't let the meter sit fully immersed. Hence why I wanted the ability to tune what is "100%".

Still get the same issues other people get, random spikes to 255% and down to 0%, otherwise happy at 70%.

Cheers
Tim

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 22:27

Sebastian, over on the German forums, said that the spikes and 0% level are already fixed in the next version of the firmware.

Hopefully we will see it released soon. :-)

Kind regards,
Boris.