• 26.04.2024, 15:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Blank Sensor Names in Aquasuite 2012 and limited communication.

Montag, 30. Januar 2012, 19:59

Hi, I have been having issues with Aquasuite 2012 and Aquaero 5 XT. I managed to get the firmware updated to 1021 with the help of the recovery trick mode but also had to unplug wireless mouse and keyboard. After flashing firmware Aquero 5 was recognised in Aquasuite and all sensor names were visible. However after a reboot Aquasuite would open but all sensor names, fan names etc. were blank and although Aquasuite could read values from the XT nothing could get written back from Aquasuite to the XT? I have searched both this forum and xtremesystems.org/forum and I only managed to find a couple of posts with similar problems like the one I have copied below. They mention a conflict with Logitech setpoint which I don't have and also disabling of Windows UAC to fix the issue. I tried turning off UAC but this did not seem to have an effect. After many hours of reading on-line and trying various things like uninstalling the 64 bit version and trying the 32bit version all to no avail. I finally got the names to appear again by disconnecting all my USB devices, doing the 4 jumper recovery trick and re-installing Aquasuite, however after reconnecting my USB devices and doing a reboot I am back to square 1 with no sensor names and no communication back to XT. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue or what might be causing it?

(Below is an old post I found with similar issue, but suggested fixes did not work.)

I can't use any function in the aquasuite 2012 software anymore.

I did a factory setting reboot, a reinstall of the aquasuite, but nothing changed.

Something of influance could be that i installed, the lcdhype and the plugin for it. (already de-installed it and no changes)

When i enter the aquasuite the first thing that's different than before, is that all the temp-sensors are "blank". I mean they have no name, not even "temp sensor 1". I can however name them, but it changes nothing on the A5. When i click a virtual sensor i get a a4-long error message and the Asuite exit's

Anyone any Idea how i got into this mess? Or how to solve it?

Ps, firmware update via the aquasuite, cause the aquasuite to crash. The device states its firmware 1012.

Another thing that's funny is that the aquasuite apperenlty does read information from the A5 but it seems it cannot return any.

UPDATE:

I'was thinking about what i changed since the last time everything(well
everything grmblf) still worked. I took out my logitech mouse - not the
keyboard btw - and turned off the Setpoint application. Windows than
installed my keyboard as a standard keyborad. Launched the Aquasuite and
now i was able to fully controll the aquaero 5 pro again.

Is this a know issue?

Would it help using a different usb port? (can't see why, but i will give it a go)

Edit2:

Tested: logitech keyboard and mouse on a different usb
hub/port(backpanel instead of front) and now everything seems to be
working fine.

Montag, 30. Januar 2012, 20:33

I have seen problems that were caused from Razor mouse/keyboard If the polling rate is over 125 Hz you can have some problems. You said after changing your Keyboard things started to work. Could be what was wrong.

Blank Sensor Names in Aquasuite 2012 and limited communication.

Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012, 17:58

Thanks for the suggestion Nihil. I don't have have any Razor kit connected to this pc but as I was pretty sure this problem was usb related I dug out an old USB hub and moved the usb dongles for my wireless keyboard and mouse on to that rebooted and everything is working as expected. All sensor names are back and I have full communication between Aquasuite and XT. Now that everything is working I'm beginning to appreciate how good this kit is. Loving these control curves!