• 25.04.2024, 18:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Rioga

High Flow Sensor no flow signal

Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012, 01:49

Hi all!

I have installed it today and I receive no signal from the flow meter. I try to use the flow channel of PowerAdjust2 and the one of the aquaero5 with no results. In both cases i used the 169 value as suggested in the manual. I have unmounted it from the system too and it looks like the blades of the flow meter are not moving. If i blow to the blades they dont move.

Is my Flow meter broken?

Thanks,

Jaume

Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012, 06:55

I have the HIGH FLOW meter and the impeller moves very easily. you could try taking the top off to see what is wrong, or return it.

Rioga

Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012, 09:22

I have take the top off and when I loosened the screws the impeller moves very easy, but when I press the screws again, it moves vey hard...

Thanks for the answer, i'm gonna make a RMA.

Regards.

Rioga

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 10:09

Hi all,

this is the answer AC give to me:

"that problem could be solved by yourself. Remove the stainless steel
plate. Underneath you will find another white plastic top. Remove this
one also so you have access to the inner chamber. Remove the impeller
and make sure that it is clean, same for the axis where it sits on. You
could also give it a try to use a hammer and beat the axis on the top
since it might be possible that it is not deep enough in the opening. In
this case the impeller would touch the cover and can not spin. There is
no reason to worry when using the hammer since the drilled hole will
stop it in the correct position."

It works, but now the Flow meter is making an anoying noise like clic clic clic. If I incrase the flow on the circuit the noise becames more and more insupportable.

Is this normal? I have it mounted with the "in" hole down and the "out" hole up...

thanks!

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 19:04

Mine clicks as well but it's not very loud so it doesn't bother me. I have seen a post and the person said it was very loud and they couldn't stand it.

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 21:51

These types of flow sensors are much better http://www.bach-messtechnik.de/cgi-bin/i…c/DFS1i_P_e.pdf
Optical reading, no noise at all and better resolution 1000 impulses per liter as oposed to 169 impulses per liter ... I use one for more that 1 year without any issues.
Worked with mCubed Tbalanced bigNg and now works like a charm with Aquaero 5 XT.
And a bit cheaper ... :P

Rioga

Freitag, 10. Februar 2012, 11:09

Mine clicks as well but it's not very loud so it doesn't bother me. I have seen a post and the person said it was very loud and they couldn't stand it.

Well mine is unbearable, I have all the fans at 800rpm and all you hear now is the click click from the flowmeter. I have written to AC but so far I have not had a reply: (
These types of flow sensors are much better http://www.bach-messtechnik.de/cgi-bin/i…c/DFS1i_P_e.pdf
Optical reading, no noise at all and better resolution 1000 impulses per liter as oposed to 169 impulses per liter ... I use one for more that 1 year without any issues.
Worked with mCubed Tbalanced bigNg and now works like a charm with Aquaero 5 XT.
And a bit cheaper ... :P
Very nice sensor, if I have to retunrn the High flow i will go for one of this!

Thanks for the answers,

regards!

gullars

Freitag, 10. Februar 2012, 13:18

My flowmeter also had this clicking noise, but after a couple of days the noise dissapeared almost completely. Though I wouldnt call the noise unbearable. With the sidepanel on an my AP-15's @ 800rpm I almost couldnt hear it. If the noise you hear is really loud it could be another reason to it, but give it two or three days and see if it settles :)

AP2

Montag, 16. April 2012, 08:36

good thing i came across this. i just got my setup running and all here is the clicking sound. hopefully after a few days it will go away.

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 09:58

Where can one buy the electronic flowmeter ? Seems quite nice and accurate plus it doesn't need to be cleaned ever :)

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012, 11:40

I'm also curious about that electric flow meter. Any info of its compatible with the g1/4 threads I'm sure many of us use.