• 31.05.2024, 10:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 5 pro went really faulty

Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012, 08:18

I got my unit from sidewinder a month back. It was in charge of running 1 rgb light stripe with the 12v relay, 3x gentle typhoon each in fan output 1 and 3. Everything works flawlessly until yesterday.

When I switch on the computer, I realize that the aquaero 5 LCD is flickering (screen works normally when computer is off), both fan outputs not showing any rpm, aqua suite is not able to detect the aquaero 5 and thus I reboot my computer, hoping that it might solve the issue.

That was when the worst happened, all 6 of my fans are not running at all, I took a look at the LCD screens and found out that the aquaero 5 is providing more then 1a to each of the fan output, after 5 sec or so, smoke came out of the aquaero 5 and my unit is officially dead.

Does anyone have such issue? It is really killing my confidence for it as I think that my aquaero 5 is actually running very light workload compared to most of the people out there and such thing still happened to me,

Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012, 13:51

Its my first time hearing it literally going up in smoke, I suggest getting a RMA for it and sending it back so they can figure out what went wrong...

Based off the info you provided, it should be going no where near the maximum load, I have attached 6 GT15's on one of the channel (PA2) and it's pulling 0.5A at 7.2v.. I also have 6 GT15 attached to the AQ channels 1-2 itself, again 7v and its pulling only 0.26A, even if you did not point some passive cooling for it, it should automatically switch to 100% to avoid damage if it goes above 80c..

Pls keep us updated, I'm curious as to what have caused this myself.

Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012, 14:24

Yes, still waiting for Sven to reply to my email. I got a feeling it's due to communication with the computer that caused this.

Reason being,
1. LCD working fine when the computer is switched off, everything is looking fine.
2. Lack of rpm in both fan channel when it's running.
3. Running over 1a to my fan output when my fans isn't powered on at all.