• 27.04.2024, 16:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

nomad24

unregistriert

Help with aquabus

Montag, 26. März 2012, 14:57

OK, I have read through many different reviews and forums trying to find what is the right way to wire up the aquabus in my system. I just cannot get all the pieces talking to each other. Maybe someone here can help me with exactly what order the parts need to get wired on the aquabus for the aquaero to see them all. Here is a list of all the parts that I am trying to link up:

Aquaero 5 XT
Aquastream XT Ultra - PUMP #1
Aquastream XT Ultra - PUMP #2
PowerAdjust 2 Ultra - FAN CH #1
PowerAdjust 2 Ultra - FAN CH #2
PowerAdjust 2 Ultra - FAN CH #3
PowerAdjust 2 Standard - FAN CH #4
PowerAdjust 2 Standard - FAN CH #5
PowerAdjust 2 Standard - FAN CH #6
Multiswitch USB
Tubemeter

The aquaero is only seeing one of the two pumps and none of the PA2s. Also, it is not seeing the multiswitch or tubemeter. I have the aquero and both pumps connected via usb to the mobo and can only see the pumps with the 4.65 version of aquasuite but no aquaero and can see only the aquero and no pumps in version 2012. But, that is besides the point. I really want to control everything i can without the computer being on right from the aquaero. That is the whole reason why i bought this system.

I just need to know what is the proper wiring order for these items and how do I connect both the pumps and all 6 of the PA2s to the one high speed aquabus. And the same on the multiswitch and tubemeter on the low speed aquabus.

This is how I have the high speed bus wired now:

Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 10:22

Keep all the USB connections the same but wire the Aquabus like this:

Aquero 5 XT Aquabus Low>>>Aquabus Cable for Tubemeter>>>Tubemeter

Aquero 5 XT Aquabus High>>> PA2 #1 >>> PA2 #2 >>> PA2 #3 >>>PA2 #4 >>>PA2 #5 >>>PA2 #6 >>>Aquabus Y-Cable

Aquabus Y-Cable>>>Aquastream XT

Aquabus Y-Cable>>>Aquastream XT

You can connect the Multiswitch to the Aquero, but you will only get on/off functionality. If you want full functionality you want to connect it via usb only and not aquaero. But if you really want to connect the Multiswitch to the Aquero, the connection goes like this:
Aquero 5 XT Aquabus Low>>>Multiswitch>>>Aquabus Cable for Tubemeter>>>Tubemeter

Mittwoch, 28. März 2012, 13:24

Hi

Im still new to the aquaero world and still playing with all my stuff (nearly same as yours, but without aquastream pumps), so here a some of my experimentations

If you connect your multiswich with the aquabus, it works as a 8 on/off channel rheobus (damn -_- )

Imho, the best way to use the multiswich, is to not connect it to the aquaero system
That way, you can apply macro and scripts and use it as it should be used ^^
To do so, you need to connect the multiswich by usb only
AND you need to install the old aquasuite 4.72, as usb-multiswich is not supported by aquasuite 2012

I hope it helps you a bit

Mittwoch, 28. März 2012, 17:59

Have you set individual addresses for all the PA2's you have?

Download and install aquasuite 4.72, disconnect all devices from the aquabus and the USB connections. Connect one PA2 to the motherboard via USB. The 4.72 software will find it and under one of the tabs you can set the device ID, the default is 50 from memory. You need to repeat this for each PA2 assigning a different number for each obviously. Assume you need to do the same for the pumps.