• 25.04.2024, 00:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

SoMBrA

NO rpm reading on any channel and no sensitive button response

Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 02:32

Hello everybody!
I'm having some problems with my AQ5 XT. First of all is the NO response from the unit while trying to use the sensitive keys I just hear the "clicking" noise nonstop as if the buttons were pressed by ghosts :O.. I read something about Lian Li cases or bad grounding but my unit is not working even outside the case, I will try different PSU and will update the post.

Another problem I have is that I don't get any RPM reading in any of the AQ5 channels. I've tried 2 different types of fans and still no luck...

Any ideas?

SoMBrA

Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 16:32

Ok so just want to update this...

I tried different PSU and still having troubles.
Only way to make it usable is to remove the top cover, with the cover and buttons, otherwise it will register key presses.
I tried with the original front plate and the black one aswell but no luck.
It seems that the front plate it's too close to the PCB and I don't know what to do so it's not that sensitive. Can I change the sensitivity of the buttons somehow?

I've read other people having troubles inside the case or with the mounting brackets but my problem is already outside the case with a PSU connected to the wall (I start the PSU with a bridge)

What can I do? Try?

Mittwoch, 28. März 2012, 05:05

Hi SoMBrA,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Aquaero.

Maybe you can take a look at this thread, Shoggy describes a problem with the Aquaero XT.

Also, I've read somewhere that people were solving this problem by inserting paper under the faceplate.

I think the sensitivity of the buttons can be adjusted from the Aquasuite 2012.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Mittwoch, 28. März 2012, 08:16

You can adjust the key sensitivity by going to the system configuration icon it's the one in the upper left corner of the main screen, scroll through and you will find Key Sensitivity, you won't be able to adjust any thing if the capacitive buttons are sending false signals, ( clicking like crazy ) Keep the AQ5 away from any metal and use the remote if you have one. As far as the RPM problem that may need RMA. I had the false signal problem with mine I changed the PSU to a thermaltake 1200 and the problem went away. It's not a grounding problem, or your case being made of aluminum the buttons detect slight changes in electric fields. the paper shim is increasing the distance between any metal that may be affecting the buttons.

SoMBrA

Mittwoch, 28. März 2012, 10:23

Hi SoMBrA,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Aquaero.

Maybe you can take a look at this thread, Shoggy describes a problem with the Aquaero XT.

Also, I've read somewhere that people were solving this problem by inserting paper under the faceplate.

I think the sensitivity of the buttons can be adjusted from the Aquasuite 2012.

Kind regards,
Boris.
Thank you Boris for your help once again.
I managed to "solve" the problem.
I placed some thicker washers and problems were almost gone.
I say almost because still have some random key presses while touching the side brackets (aquaero out of the case, maybe problems are gone when mounted inside the case...)

I will try to change sensitivity aswell just to be sure.

You can adjust the key sensitivity by going to the system configuration icon it's the one in the upper left corner of the main screen, scroll through and you will find Key Sensitivity, you won't be able to adjust any thing if the capacitive buttons are sending false signals, ( clicking like crazy ) Keep the AQ5 away from any metal and use the remote if you have one. As far as the RPM problem that may need RMA. I had the false signal problem with mine I changed the PSU to a thermaltake 1200 and the problem went away. It's not a grounding problem, or your case being made of aluminum the buttons detect slight changes in electric fields. the paper shim is increasing the distance between any metal that may be affecting the buttons.
RPM are working now aswell... I was trying with 40mm fans (different brands and configuration) and I was getting no RPM reading, after that I tried standard 120mm I had and it worked....
I wanted to keep track of 40mm fans aswell but I might change that since no reading occurs... Will just plug them and let them work 100% :)

I will try with the key sensitivity through the menu as you suggest.

Will update the post