• 27.04.2024, 09:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Help with Aquasuite 2012 please?

Samstag, 7. April 2012, 12:20

I can't get Aquasuite 2012 to open. I can start the application from the Start menu and it appears in the Task Bar and an icon is in the Notification Area, but I can't get the application to open on the screen. I have installed beta 13 with no effect. I run Windows 7 64 bit and don't have any similar issue with other applications. Any suggestions?

Sonntag, 8. April 2012, 06:17

Had no issues yesterday with Window 7 64bit and aquasuit, if you have a previous version of aquasuite installed it would not hurt to uninstall before installing beta 13.

iBeta2

Mittwoch, 11. April 2012, 00:03

There shouldn't be a problem.
Is there any anti-malware that could be blocking? Tried starting as admin? If you try and open a second instance, does the dialog warning appear?

Else all i can suggest is reinstalling.

Sonntag, 15. April 2012, 19:10

I have reinstalled several times, and tried running as administrator, with no effect. If I try to open an second instance I do get warning message. I get the item in the task bar and if I hover over it I see an image of the application's opening page. It also appears in on the Application tab of Windows Task Manager, but nothing I do opens the application on the screen.

iBeta2

Sonntag, 15. April 2012, 22:02

Then it may be your graphic drivers (or hardware). Aquasuite is a '3D application', and the symptoms you describe could point to a problem there.
As an aside, the symptoms are exactly the same as if Aquasuite is opened, and then the aquasuite process is manually suspended. If you look in task manager, you could check if any cpu time is recorded for the aquauite process.

etoel

Sonntag, 15. April 2012, 23:13

Just out of curiosity - what happens if you alt-tab?

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 17:17

OK there was no way to get the application to open at all, sorry I did not list Alt-tabing, but that did not work either. Anyway I uninstalled the software and restored windows to a restore point and reinstalled, now it it starts OK.