• 26.04.2024, 10:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

AP2

configure aquaero 5 xt

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 10:07

hello, i would like to set up my aquaero to adjust fan speed according to rising cpu temp. how can i achieve this?

thanks!

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 11:43

Hi AP2,

Most of the people actually use water/ambient delta for controlling the fans, as the general consensus is that the temperature of the CPU/GPU changes to rapidly and too often to be reliable for temperature control. Basically, you can start an application which will take your CPU to 100% for a couple of seconds, bringing the temperature up. If you are controlling the fans from that it would speed them up unnecessarily because the temperature of water will hardly notice this short CPU load.

I have my loop set up to keep the temperature of water within 6C of the ambient temperature. Usually, everything within 10C is considered good.

Also, there is a problem of placing the temperature probe correctly on the CPU/GPU. You want it as close to the chip as possible, but you have to be careful not to interfere with the water-block/chip contact as well.

You can use the Software sensor tool which can provide you with 4 temperatures from programs like AIDA64 or Open hardware monitor. You can then use this as any other sensor in Aquasuite. The sensor tool is still in Alpha, so it is a bit flaky, and it only provides 4 sensors.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (17. April 2012, 11:44)

AP2

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 17:44

thanks for the response boris.

what you said makes total sense! im only cooling the cpu at this point, how would i configure the aquaero to do like what you said? currently im using 2 temp sensors. 1 outlet and 1 inlet in the AMS rad - still have the 4 sensors that came with the aquaero unused.

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 18:46

Hi AP2,

The way I did it is that I installed one temperature sensor (ambient temperature) outside of my case, at the point where air is drawn into the case.

Then in Aquasuite I created a virtual sensor for the temperature delta. Basically I chose the temperature difference mode and used Radiator Out and Ambient temperature sensors.

Once you have this delta temperature you can set up your controllers with it. I used a Set-point controller which is trying to maintain a 6C or less temperature delta.

So, basically, as the water heats up and the difference between the water temperature and the temperature of the room increases the fans on the radiator spin faster.

As I said before, if you are not overclocking you can set the delta to be 10C without problems, that should still give you excellent CPU temperatures.

Kind regards,
Boris.

AP2

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 19:37

Awesome! thanks i'm gonna give that a shot today after work. i have to points of entry into the case - front 120mm intake fan and 2 120 intake fans on top for the radiator. where would you suggest the sensor location be?

thanks!

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 20:00

I'd suggest using the "set point controller" for a controller, along with one of your water sensors at the radiator. Use the default settings for the temp sensor, which are recommended by Sebastian in this thread: Set Point Controller Question .

If you do use the set point controller, also known as a PID controller, and the water temp when you set up the controller is above the target temperature you set in the controller, it may take it a while to cool down. But, rest assured that the next time you start up the computer, and the water temp. is below the target temp., the set point controller will maintain the temp you set very quietly, and never let the temp go more than 0.2 deg. C above the target. Works GREAT!
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012, 09:57

Scott Loves Dogs
Your suggestion works as well. Basically it is the same thing if your room temperature is more or less stable. Let's say you keep your room temperature at a comfortable 24 degrees (I come from a warm climate :)) and set your controller to maintain a 34C or less water temperature you are trying to maintain a 10C delta.

Sebastian's settings are basically default settings which you get when you add a Set-point controller in Aquasuite. I usually turn off the derivative component because it can cause the PID controller to misbehave.

AP2
It does not matter where you place the ambient temperature probe, as long as it is measuring the air outside of the case, not the heated air inside.

Kind regards,
Boris.