• 19.04.2024, 02:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to get Software Temperature Sensor to work?

Montag, 28. Mai 2012, 19:02

Hi,

I have just purchased a new Aquaero LT and have a few questions (Sorry if these are answered / stickied in the German forum). I tried my best to read through those using google translate.

1) Is there anyway to get the Software Temperature Sensor to work? I'd like the fan speed to vary by CPU / GPU temperature. I downloaded the Open Hardware Monitor version from the project's own website to work with aqua computer service aphla2 , but that aqua computer service would not recognize Open Hardware Monitor. Is there a customized Aquasuite version? I found a reference to it on another English forum, but the link is invalid.

2) Is there a guide on creating the overview pages in aquasuite 2012? All I can create are text fields. I can't seem to create charts / tables.

3) The Aquaero comes with a 3-pin female to 3-pin female fan connector. Is that supposed to be used with the relay connector to pass a rpm speed to another sensor or to read from another sensor? How would I configure it?

Anyway,great hardware and amazing functionality. I wasn't sure of the product at first but glad I chose it over other US made products. Now I just have to get 2 more PowerAdjusts in. Thanks for making the product. And thanks for advance in helping me find an answer.

P.S. There seems to be some quality control issue with the heatsink for the Aquaero. If I screw in the 2 far screws, the Aquaero PCB would bend significantly once tightened. Not a big problem though, as the center screw is more than adequate to provide enough pressure alone.

Montag, 28. Mai 2012, 23:45

Hi there
I did a Basic guide for the Aquaero 5 quite awhile ago now, but I did do a little set-up guide for the software tool e.t.c here's a link (go to post #77) http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/showt…ew-AQ5-XT/page8
It's probably not the best guide out there but it may sort you out :)
Hope it helps
N.

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2012, 12:30

Edit:

Found the answer in a recent post by grasshopper. Thanks. I am good on 1) and 2) then, still wondering what the 3-pin to 3-pin cable is for?

In case, anyone stumbles upon the post. you can find a working version of Open Hardware Monitor Link in this post

aquaero 5 - Softwaresensoren [alpha2]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Namron,

I looks like you got Open Hardware Monitor to work. Do you have the verion of Open Hardware Monitor you used? Is it possible to post that version online for me to download? The aquacomputer hosted link doesn't work anymore. And I suspect the version I downloaded from openhardwaremonitor.org isn't exactly the same.

Aquacomputer service simply wouln't recognize my Open Hardware Monitor, gets a bunch of zero readings from speedfan (not sure why, speedfan sees temperature just fine), and I am hoping not to pay for the retail version of AIDA64.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bloodyshogun« (29. Mai 2012, 12:36)

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2012, 15:11

aquaero 5 - Softwaresensoren [alpha2]
The downlowadlink woks fine.
I looks like you got Open Hardware Monitor to work. Do you have the verion of Open Hardware Monitor you used? Is it possible to post that version online for me to download? The aquacomputer hosted link doesn't work anymore. And I suspect the version I downloaded from openhardwaremonitor.org isn't exactly the same.
we have modified OHM. The normal OHM has no export fuction for sensor data.

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2012, 23:31

2) then, still wondering what the 3-pin to 3-pin cable is for?

The 3-pin cable is the Aquabus cable, it is used to connect units together, for example your LT to PowerAdjust 2's or the MultiSwitch. You can connect devices in series, the PA2's have two of these connectors so you can daisy chain them. This in turn allows you to contol/monitor the PA2's via the Aquaero.

Freitag, 1. Juni 2012, 02:42

I've gotten the Aquacomputer version of OHM to work with my AQ5 Pro. My only problem is, when I reboot the system, the software sensor loses the sensor settings I've input from OHM. Every. Time. Can you please tell me what is causing this? I've tried everything I can think of.

Freitag, 1. Juni 2012, 14:38

Never mind, I shut the tool down and restarted it and lo and behold it saved the settings.