• 25.04.2024, 02:42
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

gullars

Aquaero 5 Pro- loses connection

Dienstag, 12. Juni 2012, 13:56

After I updated my Aquaero to beta 14 I have experienced sporadic connection loss. I can start the Aquasuite and all I see is a bunch of yellow triangels with exclamation marks. After a PC shutdown it appears as normal, but my profiles is gone and my fans runs at 100%. I have stored my profiles so its not a big problem, but something sure is wrong. I also get this USB error message from my computer where it states that one of my USB devices has an error and must be replaced. In device manager there is two unknown devices and when I deactivate them the Aquasuite stops working so i suspect the Aquaero for beeing the troublemaker. This has only happend with beta 14 as I recall.

I also have some problems with my USB headset which will disseapear from the system. It seems like this is not happening when I unplug the Aquaero USB cable, but I haven't done that much testing.

Is anyone else experiencing problems like this with the beta 14? 8| And does anyone know if beta 15 is coming soon?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gullars« (12. Juni 2012, 13:58)

Freitag, 15. Juni 2012, 09:05

We changed several things wiht the USB stack in the last update, but that should solve problems and not generate new ones. We had several customers with connection problems before which are happy with the current version.

It is very likely there is a problem in combination with one of your other USB devices like the headset. The aquaero registers as several different USB devices like controller, mouse, keyboard etc.

A new version should be available in 2-4 weeks but there will be no changes in the USB communication.

You could try to use a different USB header on your mainboard. If you are lucky not all of them are connected to the same internal root hub which might help to solve the problem.

gullars

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012, 19:55

I have tried everything I can think of, but still no luck. I even tried a complete reset with jumpers on temperature sensor 5 to 8 without results. Now I cant even update the firmware. According to Aquasuite it is only possible to update to version 1024, but after an appearently sucessful update the Aquaero still is in recovery mode with firmware "1". My computer is in the state it always have been so I cant imagine theres something wrong with my motherboard/USB connectors. I have many USB-devices and everyone are working as they should, execpt for my headset but after I reinstalled the driver it has worked flawlessly.

I am tired of all these problems. How do I apply for an RMA? I am willing to give Aquaero another chance, but it has to be with a new unit. I am convinced theres something wrong with the one I have.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gullars« (20. Juni 2012, 21:25)

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 08:45

If possible please try a full reset and reflash the aquaero on another PC.

1.) Turn off the PC and remove the standby power if you are using it.

2.) Remove all sensors from the aquaero.

3.) Place four jumpers on the temperature sensor connectors 5 to 8.

4.) Power on the system and after a few seconds you should see a recovery mode screen in the aquaero display.

6.) Turn the PC off and remove the jumpers from the aquaero.

7.) Start the PC and use the latest aquasuite 2012 software to flash the firmware onto the aquaero.

8.) Turn off the PC, connect all sensors etc. again and start the PC.

If that does not help, send it back to your dealer or directly to us:

Aqua Computer GmbH & Co. KG
Gelliehaeuser Str. 1
37130 Gleichen
GERMANY

Please include a description of the problem and a copy of the invoice.

gullars

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 15:45

Update: I installed a fresh version of Windows 7 64 and I finally managed to flash the latest firmware into the Aquaero. Its working again, but the main problem is still there. A few minutes after I start the computer the Aquasuite loose connection with the Aquaero and a computer restart is the only way to make it connect again. Strangely enough I am still able to adjust the fan speed from Aquasuite. It just seems like the update inervals on sensors and overview page freezes. Very strange! If I restart Aquasuite without a computer restart all this yellow exclamation marks appears.

I will hold on to my unit a bit longer to see if I can solve this. I dont have a spare controller and I guess an RMA to Germany will take some time.

Update: Some times the connection loss only happens when I adjust something i Aquasuite, mainly the fans. As mentioned I can still adjust the fans, but sensors and overview page freezes completely. I have a small suspicion that a recent BIOS update is the cause of all this. One of the changes in the new version (Asus P8P67 Deluxe BIOS ver. 2302 btw) was "enchanged USB compability" and I think the problems started at about the same time as this update. BIOS downgrade is to risky so I have ordered a spare BIOS chip with an older version that I know there where no problems with.

How long does an RMA take when I live in Norway?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gullars« (23. Juni 2012, 16:20)

Montag, 25. Juni 2012, 09:38

Mhhh, I don't think that the aquaero is faulty. That sounds much more like a problem with the USB communication in your setup. Very likely that your aquaero will not show any problems here when we would test it. The fact that you have more problems after the latest BIOS Update would just confirm that.

You can still send in the device but be aware that we charge for the shipping back to you if the device is working without any problems. The shipping only takes around three days. The check/repair depends on the work load. Could be a few days up to two weeks.

gullars

Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012, 20:07

The strangest thing has happened :huh: Suddently everything works again. Same BIOS, same everything really. The only thing I can think of is that I made a repair to my Windows firewall because it had stopped working. In the process I ran a program called TFC which removes temporary files and such. The next day I noticed that Aquasuite didn't freeze. In fact it wouldnt do so whatever I tried and it has stayed that way for some days now. I really cant understand what caused the problem or what fixed it which is kind of annoying, but as long as it works I'm happy. After these events I agree that its probably not a problem with the Aquaero. It just seemed so plausible because of the problems I have had in the past, my (as to my knowledge) healthy computer and the trouble with firmware-update.

Sorry for the hassle and thank you for good support.

Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 05:27

AQ12 2012 Beta 14. Firmware 1024. I have 1 AQ5 Pro and 4 PA2s.

Everything has been just fine for a couple of weeks now. I've changed NOTHING on my system in the last few days - no software or hardware changes. I just went to work today and when I came home to unlock my computer guess what? All my PA2s (which control all my fans) have disappeared from AQ12. However, the fans are being powered and the lights on the PA2s are on. Clearly there is a bug in how the devices are communicating with one another. Restarting the PC did nothing.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. Nor is it the first AQ5 it has happened on. I own 2 AQ5s. I shelved the first unit and ordered another. I had really hoped this issue would have fixed this by now considering how much people spend on these things! :cursing:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Psychor« (29. Juni 2012, 05:41)

Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 09:05

The aquabus has been already completely rewritten - high speed and low speed. The update will be inside the next aquasuite which should be available mid July.

Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 09:07

The aquabus has been already completely rewritten - high speed and low speed. The update will be inside the next aquasuite which should be available mid July.
So this is a known issue and I'm not going crazy? If so that's great to hear. :thumbsup: Keep the updates coming!