• 25.04.2024, 18:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquero 5 Pro new setup help required

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012, 22:12

Guys & Gals

I am in the process of a rebuild to my system and need advice of best way to set up both hardware and software:

I will be running WIn 7 64bit Ultimate and will have a dualwater loop- a laing DDC pump for both the CPU (triple rad) and GPU ( quad rad GTX 680), so 7 fans plus 2 pumps.I will use a seperate fan controller for the fans if needed but would like to use the A5 for the water pumps and fans if possible

WHat is best way to achieve this and what software should I load- i have a couple of the connection cables from aqua computer for the pumps

I would be very grateful for any advice given

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2012, 09:46

You can run all of that from the Aquaero but I would strongly recommend using the waterblock (for the Aquaero) and adding it to one of your loops to keep the unit from overheating. You can run the fans in parallel off one header using one of these: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14662/…?tl=g47c121s424 or something similar. They come in different sizes so you could theoretically run 4 fans for your quad on one header and 3 fans on your triple off another, then one header each for your pumps.

I am running two D5 pumps plus 10 fans on my Aquaero with the waterblock and all the power amps are running at about 55 degrees celcius, which is well below the 95 degree limit on the unit. Run the Aquasuite 2012 software for 64bit version of Win7, which you can download from the Aquacomputer website.

In the software you can set up your fans to run on a curve controller according to the temperature of the coolant in your loops. For this you will need to get 2 coolant temperature sensors that plug into the Aquaero, one for each loop. Aquacomputer sell them or you can get other brands too; its up to you what you prefer as they all function essentially the same.

You can also run the pumps on a curve if you like but I just set mine to a constant value. I run both my D5s at 65%, which makes them a lot quieter. Flow rate generally has minimal effect on temperature (up to a point) but its something you may wish to experiment on to determine exactly how you want to run your pumps as every loop is different, some more restrictive than others etc. I found that 65% was enough to not sacrifice cooling performance while keeping the pumps as quiet as possible. I have a complex loop with 3xGPU blocks, CPU block, RAM block, Mobo full cover block as well as the Aquaero block, Reservoir and two Rads in serial. I run two pumps in series mainly for redundancy but I'm sure a D5 could handle all that at 100% power output. Just experiment a little until you find the right settings and keep an eye on your temperatures. It helps to run a program like Speedfan or AIDA64 at startup where you can see your temps directly on your desktop while you tweak your watercooling system.

One other thing you will want to do when you set up your controls in the Aquasuite software is under the advanced options to give your fans and especially your pumps a 12volt "startboost" for about 10 seconds so that when you boot up the computer everything starts spinning and pumping as it is supposed to.

That's my 2 dollar's worth. Hope this helps you get started! :)

Dienstag, 17. Juli 2012, 13:19

CC1

I have picked up a couple of the boards you mentioned. I assume that I use a 3pin (floppy Drive) to power it ( the fan board thingy) and would I then connect the board to the AE5 with 1 fan header? Regarding the pumpss, should I connect their molex directly to a PSU lead or to the AE5 some how?

Also, do I need to connect the AE5 to my mobo to a USB connection to get it to see the software?

I also have a Lampton touch fan controller which I could use if this is too complicated for my tiny brain to work out! ?( 8|

Not too sure about this so any help most gratefully received.

T

Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012, 09:03

Connect your fans to the 3-pin headers that point "up" on the board (I am assuming you have the board I linked to in my previous reply) and connect the single 3-pin header that points "sideways" to a 3-pin header on the Aquaero. The Aquaero provides the power to the board. You do not need to connect another power source to the board.

You can connect your pumps directly to a PSU lead if you like, this is the simplest and least complicated way.

However, having an aquaero gives you vastly more control over your pumps than simply plugging them into the PSU and letting them run at full speed all of the time. It is fine if you want to do it this way but somewhat defeats the purpose of having an Aquaero. Connect each pump to one header on the Aquaero if you can. You may have to replace the standard molex plug on the pumps with the 3-pin type fan plug or use a converter in order to connect it to the Aquaero. I find that connecting pumps directly to a PSU makes them considerably noisier in operation. Connected to the Aquaero the pumps run quieter, even at full speed. Perhaps it has something to do with the voltage regulation, I'm not entirely sure about it. Also, connected to the Aquaero you can reduce the pump speed to make them quieter as well as being able to monitor their function and set up alarms to shut the PC down if you have a pump failure.

To use the software you need to connect the Aquaero to a USB header on the mobo with the cable provided with your Aquaero.

Do you have the Aquaero user manual? There is a diagram of the device in the manual with brief descriptions of each header on the Aquaero and what they are used for. This might help you clear some confusion about what the Aquaero can do and where to connect things.

Hope this helps.

Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012, 12:19

CC

thanks for reply- I will have to try that config as it will allow me to hide a great deal of cables behind the mobo tray. I will have to look for the manual as I can't remember if I still have it or the USB connection cable either!

Will try to configure this over the next few days or so....here's hoping!!

Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012, 12:43

The user manual can be downloaded from the Aqua Computer download area: http://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html?…_2011_08_22.pdf

If you need a new USB cable you can get one in the Aqua Computer webshop or you can try looking around elsewhere for a suitable cable, perhaps the same place you bought the fan power boards?

Do you have the waterblock for the Aquaero? If you are going to make full use of the configuration I suggested you will need it to keep the power amp temps under control.

Don't rush it. Make sure you have everything before you put it together and make sure you understand what you are trying to do and achieve. READ THE MANUAL from the above link. Otherwise, Happy Watercooling!

Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012, 13:08

Hi- I have a waterblock on order, I have d/l the manual and am looking for the USB cable