• 26.04.2024, 11:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 10:32

Got It working!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SHOGGY FOR MAKING ME LOOK!!!!!!!!!
BAD USB CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tried a different cable when I tried a differnt USB header, now the mps pages show up and everything is working fine!
The 12% was the controller output level with the pump assigned to it. I was trying to make the pump do a big change in speed. Does not matter anymore because the new wires work!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to think of all the time I spent trying to make it work when the problem was poor quality contol at the Phobya factory.
Now I have a new question, Why is the device not detected on the Aquabus?
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 10:42

P. S.
Sorry that I ASSuMEd the problem was in the software. My only defense in that reguard is the amount of problems we are all having doing 16 Beta Versions and having to kill so many bugs.
I really do believe in your products, that is why I own three AQ5 PROs and use AC pumps in my first water cooling builds.
I am trying very hard to keep good opinions of your programers. I know they are working hard on this, and I remember how much trouble I had with Fortran 4 and Apple Basic.YUCK!
I am glad I became a Mechanical Engineer instread of a programmer.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 09:10

When connected via aquabus you will not see any special menus. Go into the outputs tab and scroll down. You will will see a box for D5 mps devices where you can set the min and max values and change the name. The output of the controller can be assigned in the controller tab. You should also have a sensor value from the mps in the sensors tab.

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 11:07

Hi,

My MPS flow meter was finally arrived, I've to congratulate with you, because is a really nice product; but now I've a couple of question:
how do i get the flow measurment via aquaero?

I try to explain better:

I've already connected the MPS via USB and it works well, but when I try to monitor the flow via aquaero sensor page on aquasuite i don't get any measurement, as you can see from the attachment.

so the questions are:

.1: Do I need to connect the MPS via 4pin aquabus cable to get this measurement in the aquaero sensor page on aquasuite?

.2: If i connect the sensor as as written above, what I've to do to get the power measurement working?

thanks you very much in advance for the answer.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »917K« (21. September 2012, 11:09)

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 12:32

You have to use the 4-pin aquabus cable because otherwise the sensor has no power (5V).

You can also use the 3-pin cable but in the case the USB cables must stay attached to provide the necessary power.

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 14:43

You have to use the 4-pin aquabus cable because otherwise the sensor has no power (5V).

You can also use the 3-pin cable but in the case the USB cables must stay attached to provide the necessary power.

Thank you very much for the answer,
if i use the 3-pin cable where should I connect it? in the alarm connector on the MPS side and in the flow connector on the aquaero side, correct?

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 14:52

No, you have to connect from aquabus(mps) to high speed aquabus (aquaero)

http://aquacomputer.de/downloads/aquaero5_aquabus.pdf

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 15:42

No, you have to connect from aquabus(mps) to high speed aquabus (aquaero)

http://aquacomputer.de/downloads/aquaero5_aquabus.pdf

Thank you very much for this useful PDF, anyway, if I will try with the 3-pin cable + USB as Shoggy said, if I understand well, I've to connect first the USB cable to power the sensor, then connect the aquabus cable to the MPS on the aquabus interface, to aquabus interface "high speed" on aquaero, right?

Thank you very much again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »917K« (21. September 2012, 15:43)

Freitag, 21. September 2012, 19:29

I've tried to do as I saidm and it works :thumbsup:
thank you very much agan !

Freitag, 12. Oktober 2012, 14:05

Hi Shoggy,
Is the 880ml Aqualis going to be released as a nano-coated version as well?
Thanks in advance

Freitag, 12. Oktober 2012, 16:24

No, it will not be available with nano coating. Due to the length it it not possible to get a uniform coating on the inside (has been tested and does not work).

RE: Overview of all new products from the last days

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 09:21

After some request for more information about our new products in the aquaero 5 thread I thought it would be nice to sum up all new products of the last few days into one thread.

mps – also reads the fill level and pressure
Many of your use tubes or other larger reservoirs and our tubemeter can not be used with them or only with some downsides. The new mps controller can not only read the flow, with another housing it is also able to measure the fill level or the pressure.

There are two different ways how to connect this sensor to a reservoir.

1: You connect two tubes to the sensor. The first goes into one of the lower threads on your reservoir and the second must be connected on a thread at the top (for example a filling cap).

2: You connect only one tube to the sensor and connect it to a thread on the bottom of the reservoir like in the first method. The counterpart will be another new product: a pressure equalization membrane. It will be installed at the top of the reservoir. The membrane allows gases to pass and thereby continuously equalizes the internal pressure of the water cooling loop and the ambient pressure. This way the sensor can also detect the correct fill level.

Like the flow variant this sensor is also available in different variants. We have mps pressure Delta 40, 100, 500 or 1000. The numbers indicate the maximum fill level in centimeters. So most customers will use the Delta 40 variant while the other ones are already pretty special and make only sense when you have a very huge reservoir. So, why not just use the Delta 1000 variant? The reason is the resolution of the sensor. When using the Delta 40 variant you have a lot of small steps so you can tell the fill level with an accuracy of half a millimeter. When using the Delta 1000 variant the step size is around 1 centimeter. The general tolerance is around +/- 3%.

Like the mps flow variant the pressure sensor also offers USB, aquabus, an internal and external (optional) temperature sensor and a tacho signal output. The sensor is powered by USB or aquabus. You can connect up to four of them to an aquaero 5. When connected via USB you can use as many as you want to.

The calibration of the sensor is very easy. You set a null value with the software and enter the height of the reservoir.

The sensor has M5 threads and we recommend to use a tubing size of 4mm. Please note that no water runs through this sensor so the size has no effect at all on the general flow rate.

Besides the fill level you can also measure just a single pressure value. For example you can check the pressure of the pump or measure differences between two points in your loop. The software offers a calibration function to test whatever you want. Depending on the selected variant you can measure a pressure between 40 mbar (Detla 40) and 1000 mbar (Delta 1000). Please note that the Delta 1000 variant is not able to measure a pressure difference and must be used with the pressure equalization membrane.
(A side note: if you want to tell the pressure of the pump - for most pumps the Delta 500 variant should be enough, for dual setups the Delta 1000 should be the better choice.)

This sensor is also made from Delrin and features an engraved stainless steel cover. All variants cost 37.99 EUR (31.92 EUR w/o VAT).

A few photos and screenshots:

Hi Shoggy,

Does it make sense to use this unit with the Airplex Modularity (w/integrated pump)? If so, would it be the Delta 40 or 100 variant withthe tall membrane plug on top of a vertical installation? Would the bottom connection be to the one of the pump ports (the lowest point of my installation) or create an inline connection? Lastly, I see it has M5 threads but I'm not sure what fittings we have in the US that are comparable. Everything in my setup is G1/4 and 1/2" tubing. Would this involve smaller tubing, a reducer and adpapter(s)?

I also like the new flow sensors but was considering installing the integrated flow sensor on the compact 600 pump. What's your opinion on that?

Thanks!

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 09:27

No, that makes no sense because there is no useful way to connect it to the reservoir of an airplex modularity.

The necessary adapters and connectors for the small threads and tubing can be purchase in our shop. Normally you would only need the connectors for the sensor, some tubing and the G1/4 connectors for this small tubing so you can connect it to a reservoir. There is no direct water flow through this tubing. It is only used to measure the pressure.

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 10:07

Thanks Shoggy. I also like the new flow sensors but was considering installing the integrated flow sensor on the compact 600 pump. What's your opinion on that? Will that suffice vs the new flow units above?

Freitag, 23. November 2012, 12:17

If you have the possibility, than use the flow sensor for the pump module.

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 19:39

Whats the difference between the different pump modules ?
It seems to me the price order is this (from the cheapest to the most expensive)
1)Laing D5
2)Laing DDC
3)Eheim Compact 600 standard
4)Eheim Compact 600 ultra
Or this has nothing to do with pump performance, it has to do with how every module that hold thep ump, is built ?

Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2012, 09:14

It does not say anything about the performance. The D5 is more powerful than the Compact 600 but the Compact variants features an aquastream XT controller with an USB interface. The Ultra variant also has an integrated fan controller which allows you to control the speed of the fans automatically depending on the temperature of the water for example. So in the end the additional features make the main difference in price.

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2012, 16:18

Hi Shoggy, Was thinking of upgrading my Aquaero setup myself, mind if I ask you?

For Reference: I'm running a XT unit with 6 PA2

The temperature pins on the flow meter and the pump, it that a built in sensor or you have to attach a temp probe to it and it then relays to the Aquaero via aquabus?

Here is a scenario that I thought of, and your input, Would this work? connect pumps power to PA2, connect Aquabus, monitor RPM + control power via speed regulator of the pump through Aquasuite?

I can daisy chain 4 of these pumps via Aquabus to the Aquaero, each powered by its own PA2 channel, controlled and monitored via Aquasuite?

Will this pump fit in any top designed for Liang D5? specifically the EK X Top Rev 2 and the Dual Top..

I notice this uses the aquabus instead of the flow sensor which is the one I am using now (AC High Flow Sensor), so all communication would be sent via aquabus?

I was wondering, If I did not use the Aqualis, the pump top would only have a temp signal to transfer to the Aquaero? What other information does this top relay as I won't be using Aqualis and the fill level meter would be disabled..

Last but not least, my plan is to add 4 pumps, 2 flow sensors for starters, If I throw in the pump tops, that's a LOT of aquabus action...

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Is there a limit on how many devices I can attach to the Aquabus, and can I daisy chain them? I have posted a example pic of the fans I have daisy chained.

Merry Christmas and Thank You + your team for your support and making such a beautiful product ...

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012, 10:19

The temp connector allows to attach an external temperature sensor. The flow sensor also has an integrated temperature sensor.

It makes no sense to connect the D5 USB/aquabus to the PA2 because if you connect it via aquabus you can already control its speed directly. It is correct that you can control up to four of these pumps via aquabus. If you do not that is no space left for any other mps based modules (flow and pressure sensors).

I can not tell if that pump will work with the mnetioned reservoir since I do not now it. The pump is identical to the regular Laing D5.

The mentioned flow sensor can not be used if you already have four pumps connected. You would have to use the normal version with the 3-pin connector.

The mentioned pump adapter must be used with the aqualis tube because otherwise it will not work at all. If you are looking for a pure pump adapter you will have to use this one.

As said, you can not have six mps based aquabus devices. If you connect four pumps you could connect two of the normal flow sensor: #1 on the regular 3-pin connector and #2 on fan channel 1 if you change its configuration to act as a header for a flow sensor.

The aquabus is a real bus system so it does not matter how you connect everything. The maximum is 8x poweradjust 2, 4x mps based controllers (D5 pump, flow sensor, pressure sensor), 2x aquastream XT, 2x multiswitch, 1x tubemeter

Sonntag, 23. Dezember 2012, 05:49

As said, you can not have six mps based aquabus devices. If you connect four pumps you could connect two of the normal flow sensor: #1 on the regular 3-pin connector and #2 on fan channel 1 if you change its configuration to act as a header for a flow sensor.

The aquabus is a real bus system so it does not matter how you connect everything. The maximum is 8x poweradjust 2, 4x mps based controllers (D5 pump, flow sensor, pressure sensor), 2x aquastream XT, 2x multiswitch, 1x tubemeter

Hey Sven,

I didn't know there was a difference between MPS and Aquabus (silly me) and glad I asked, I though MPS was just sort of like a model name.. Just to confirm so I don't do anything wrong..

4x D5 (MPS), 2x flow sensor (I'll keep my normal sensors with the 3 pin), 6x PA2, was reading this >> http://aquacomputer.de/downloads/aquaero5_aquabus.pdf

so I can hook it up like this:

Aquaero XT Aquabus >>> Y Cable >>>

from Y cable >> PA1 >> 2 >> 3..... >> PA6
from Y cable >>> D5 1 to D5 4

If I made a daisy chain link for the D5 pump aquabus, it would be fine yes? (below is example)

Zitat

It makes no sense to connect the D5 USB/aquabus to the PA2 because if you connect it via aquabus you can already control its speed directly. It is correct that you can control up to four of these pumps via aquabus. If you do not that is no space left for any other mps based modules (flow and pressure sensors).

Sorry for the confusion, but what I meant was connecting to the PA2 just to provide the power source, reason for this is because I already cut down my d5 wiring and positioned 2 of the 4 D5 directly under the PA2, if I changed its power source back to the PSU, I'd have to rethink and redo the wiring all over again.

• How long is the Aquacomputer tubemeter? specifically my reservoir its small, only 8CM tall measured from inside bottom to top, will the tube meter fit?
  • If I wanted to use 2x tubemeter, how should I go about this? as I have 2 loops w/ 2x reservoirs I'd like to monitor.

My assumption for this is I'd have to get a Aquaero LT and slave it to my existing Aquaero, then I'd technically have access to: double the maximum of these channels? 8x poweradjust 2, 4x mps based controllers (D5 pump, flow sensor, pressure sensor), 2x aquastream XT, 2x multiswitch, 1x tubemeter or does slaving a LT to the Aquaero XT, the XT would just recognize it as 4 more fan channels and ignore everything else?

Thanks, & Merry Christmas :love:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »frank anderson« (23. Dezember 2012, 05:54)