• 16.04.2024, 18:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

quick question

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 00:00

Hi, I was wondering if the System Lian Li PC-G70 case with included rad/res/pump would be sufficient enough cooling in order to go through 2 8800GTX water blocks, CPU water block, and 3 motherboard water blocks or if I would need to do 2 separate loops. If so are any Lian Li cases big enough to fit 2 pumps, rads, res inside or would it have to be external? Any help appreciated.

Re: quick question

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 00:11

If you're looking at the one with the Airplex 360XT rad and Aquastream, then I very much doubt you'd have a problem cooling the blocks you've listed on a single loop.

Just to be sure, what hardware are you planning to cool and which blocks are you looking at for the loop?

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 00:32

GPUs - 2x EVGA 8800Ultra

so 6 water blocks total.. I was wondering if the water cooling units in this: Aqua Computer Extreme G70 would adequately cool all 6 water blocks when overclocked. Thanks.

Edit: Also do you need to use 1/2" or 3/8" tubing with those water cooling components?

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 01:58

Ah, and there I was thinking you were talking about AC waterblocks ::)

I couldn't really guess how well an Aquastream would run those blocks in a loop - sorry.

Maybe someone else could advise you on this one.

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 02:51

Well if I were to run 6 AC water blocks would the pump have enough pressure to go through all 6? Also would the radiator be able to sufficiently cool that much heat?

also if the system would be able to go through 6 water blocks what would be the best order for them to go in? I was thinking:

rad > pump> cpu > gpu1 > gpu2 > spp > mcp > vreg > res >

would this be a good order?

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 03:06

The pump is strong enough and you can overclock the pumpe if the flow is to low.
The rad should cool all your stuff, but the Watertemperatur will be 35 or 40°C. A 120 Rad or so will optimize the temperatur.

The order doesn't matter. The Tempdifferenz in the whole circuit is 1 or 2K.

mfg b0nez

:rolleyes:

Montag, 9. Juli 2007, 04:31

Please ...

discussion and links only on AC blocks.

Thx

Stefan

Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007, 23:42

Zitat von »Stefan«

Please ...

discussion and links only on AC blocks.

I can see why you wouldn't want non-AC links here seeing how this is a manufacturer's site. However, not everyone uses all of one particular manufacturer's water cooling components in their loop. The much more common scenario is to have multiple manufacturer's components in a given loop. So why limit discussion on something that may result in sale of a set of Aquastream pumps?

Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007, 01:48

there are inidependent forums for that kind of discussions.
Also in germany the provider of a forum can be made responsible for the posted comments. So if anybody would start flaming on some manufacturers products, AC might get in trouble.
that's the way it is in Germany :-/

greetz
hobbes
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007, 09:27

Zitat von »hobbes«

Also in germany the provider of a forum can be made responsible for the posted comments. So if anybody would start flaming on some manufacturers products, AC might get in trouble.
that's the way it is in Germany :-/

Thanks for the explanation Hobbes as it didn't make any sense to me coming from the Land of the Free. ;)

Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007, 09:29

Zitat von »Top_Nurse«

Land of the Free. ;)

irony? ;)
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Samstag, 21. Juli 2007, 05:18

Zitat von »hobbes«

irony? ;)

We ain't so free anymore with Bush ruining the country. Maybe next year. ;D

divve

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 15:51

I may have missed it but I don't see the type of CPU you have? If it happens to be a quad core your planned set-up won't be able to keep your CPU under 65c during stress testing. IMO go with two loops with an 8800 SLI or get a 3 + 2 radiator and a bigger pump.

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 16:06

For what a bigger pump?^^ There is simply no reason for buying a a larger one. As bonez pointed out a radiator more would maybe be a good thing.

And a Quadcore has only 95 watt so a Pentium 4 extreme Edition 3.8 Gig would be warmer.

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 18:53

Zitat von »divve«

I may have missed it but I don't see the type of CPU you have? If it happens to be a quad core your planned set-up won't be able to keep your CPU under 65c during stress testing. IMO go with two loops with an 8800 SLI or get a 3 + 2 radiator and a bigger pump.

totally wrong ...

the system will not get that hot and of course will be able to run this setup. And you son´t need a bigger pump. There is no positive impact on this. It only gets louder.

divve

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 18:54

I don't know how many watts an Intel quad actually pumps out. All I know is that the Q6600 and QX6700 have a 105W and 130W TDP. When you OC those to lets say a reasonable 3.3Ghz the TDP will be in the 160W+ range after factoring higher voltage as well.

The system he has in mind will require a certain minimum level of water flow in order to cool reasonably well. Note here that I'm not talking about the maximum achievable efficiency. Unless he overclocks the pump to the maximum of 74hz (not good IMO) I have a hard time seeing him reaching 1+ l/m in that set-up. Below that amount of flow his temps will increase exponentially at load.

I'd say try out a current quad and you'll see how much they like to cook.

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 20:20

We know that for sure .. or do you think we don´t test here ? The minimum flow necessary in a 8/6 system is 20 l/h. Everything else is overrated.

divve

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 21:49

I got a QX6700 + 8800 GTX running on water. I'm using an Aquastream pump too, but can't name the other components as they're from a competitor. During hot weather of 25C+ I can definitely get a CPU temp of 65C during stress testing. There's no way you're going stay below that with the water temps mentioned here of 35-40C.

Sure it's not critical if you're talking 40C or 50C CPU temps. When a CPU gets so close to the official "safe" spec, you can't take things easy and say it's fine if my system is only 5C hotter.

Sonntag, 5. August 2007, 17:57

The prob is not the pump, maybe the rad .. and sure you can name the components, just make abbreviations.

most interesting part .. how big is the radiator and at what voltage the fans are running ?

Sonntag, 5. August 2007, 18:08

Zitat von »awelch«

Well if I were to run 6 AC water blocks would the pump have enough pressure to go through all 6? Also would the radiator be able to sufficiently cool that much heat?

also if the system would be able to go through 6 water blocks what would be the best order for them to go in? I was thinking:

rad > pump> cpu > gpu1 > gpu2 > spp > mcp > vreg > res >

would this be a good order?

Any order is fine, but you might want to consider putting the reservoir before the pump.

The issue of pressure or "head" in a closed water cooling system is way over rated. An Aquastream pump will circulate water 20 feet straight up (this has been done before for grins) as the water coming down balances out the issues of "head."

I personally run an Aquastream pump with four (4) water blocks: Cuplex XT; two (2) TwinPlex's (chipset and GPU); VR cooler. At 74 Hz OC I get cooler water temps, but the difference on the CPU temps is negligible and doesn't affect the ability to OC my processor.