• 28.04.2024, 10:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Software Sensors - more the merrier!

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 00:22

I see that in BETA 16 we now have 8 software sensors. Thanks!

Is there a reason this is limited? With a 6 core processor one is only left room for 2 more sensors. ;)

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 05:10

Do you really need to monitor each individual core temperature? It's unlikely that they will vary a great deal from each other so monitoring the 'CPU' temp is generally enough to give you an indication of what's happening with the thermals of your processor and would free up 5 of those 6 software sensors for other things...

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 06:01

Do you really need to monitor each individual core temperature? It's unlikely that they will vary a great deal from each other so monitoring the 'CPU' temp is generally enough to give you an indication of what's happening with the thermals of your processor and would free up 5 of those 6 software sensors for other things...
What's point of your post? Are you really going to try and argue that having MORE flexbility is a bad idea? Perhaps you didn't notice but they added more sensors in the last update. Clearly there are those who find it useful. ;)

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 09:01

The point of my post is to offer a suggestion for you to try and free up some of the sensors that you want. Keep it calm and civil please.

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 18:29

Eight sensors is quite a nice surprise given that either Shoggy or Sebastian had said, a while ago, that there were no plans to increase the number of software sensors above the four that were available then.

There are several software sensors that you can access by using a thermal probe applied in the right area. For example, I did not want to use up a software sensor to monitor the temp of my C: drive. Western Digital was kind enough to actually call me and walk me through the procedure to find the exact spot on the outside of the drive that corresponds to the location of the internal temp. sensor. There is a temperature offset, but I monitored it for a while and have adjusted the temp probe to have the proper offset. Now the temp probe reports within 0.2 deg. C of the internal sensor at all times.

There are workarounds for just about anything you want to do. And, as evidenced by the increase from 4 to 8 software sensors, AC listens to requests from users and acts accordingly. If enough customers would like to have more software sensors, the programmers at AC will find a way to enable it. These folks, at AC, are all really good guys and 100% on the side of their customers. Have faith in them. And be patient, software development takes time. But, in the case of AquaComputer, the results are always worth the wait. ;)
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Dienstag, 14. August 2012, 18:50

I very much agree that the people of Aqua Computer are very good and try very hard to do the right thing. The language barrier is very difficult to work around and can be very bad for the blood pressure at times. :evil:
We have bought a very expensive toy and we are all doing way to much Beta testing, but, given how complex and variable this toy is, I am more than willing to keep trying and wait it out.
I reciently had a very nasty thought of being the guy told to write new manuals, in English for the Aquero 5 system in five days from Monday Morning first cup of Coffee. YUCK!!!!!
I have quite a bit of experiance writing manuals for complicated equipment that has a lot of optional accessories. Trying to cover all possiabilities for every kind of reader with no idea of what I am talking about can be very challenging. Much less in a Second Language!
I wonder if the cost of printing a good, comprehensive manual will be higher than the production cost of the Aquero itself!
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 11:36

Keep in mind that every new sensor means another long rat-tail in the internal management structure of this device. We can not just add as many sensors as we like.

Just that small increase of the software sensors already took a lot of time to implement.