• 26.04.2024, 17:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

2x aquaduct 720 XT Mk. IV - in two loops or in single loop?

Samstag, 18. August 2012, 23:52

Hi,
I will need to dissipate about 2.2kW of power from my machine (2x CPUs OC, 4x 690 OC, addtional WB for MB, OC RAMs, PSUs: 12 water blocks in total - aquagrafxs on GPUs + HF blocks on rest). I have bought two 720 XT Mk. IV and I want to know which will be the best configuration for them to operate:

1. I can build single loop with two 720 XT connected in serial.
2. I can run two separate loops with each 720 XT.

Q1. Which configuration is the best for this kind of machine configuration?
Q2. Can 720 XTs be connected in serial (in single loop)?

Thanks,
KoD

Sonntag, 19. August 2012, 06:54

Hi KoD,

There is no such thing really as the 'best' configuration, it just comes down to personal preference really. However, with all those blocks and rads restriction is something you will need to consider. You would need some reliable pumping power with all that connected in serial and as you have two Aquaeros on those 720XTs I would probably go for 2 seperate loops. What sort of and how many pumps are you planning to use?

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 02:36

Hi cc01,
I am planning to use only built-in AC EHEIM pumps for starter and optionally, if flow rate is not satisfactory, add additional Laing D5 or Laing DDC pump.

I was considering mainly single loop solution (with two 720 XT connected in serial), so I really need an answer for the question Q2, "Is there any particular reason why two 720 XT may not / should not be connected one after another in single loop?".

Regards,
KoD

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 07:52

Hi KoD
I don't see any reason why you couldn't run them in series, and as the Airplex rads are designed to be modular it should be fine. I don't have any experience with the Eheims though so someone else will need to advise.
The only concern I have is running two (or more) pumps at different points in the loop. Running pumps together will increase performance but I am wondering whether a pump at a different point in the loop will adversely affect the performance of the other (i.e) in terms of pressure/ flow etc, and how hard the pump has to work to compensate. I have always simply run my D5s with a dual pump top and have not tested this scenario to see what effect it has on the performance of the loop. Not an expert on fluid dynamics I'm afraid. Has anyone else tried this and can you advise your results?
Sorry I can't be of greater help.

Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 17:43

So the first 720 will be screaming as it sees the hottest water and the second in series will drop the water temp a bit more. Sounds wrong. For the kind of bucks you are going for you should ask AC to build you one of these custom units (I've been toying with the idea...)

http://aquacomputer.de/newsreader/items/…lex-gigant.html
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Donnerstag, 23. August 2012, 11:47

So the first 720 will be screaming as it sees the hottest water and the second in series will drop the water temp a bit more. Sounds wrong. For the kind of bucks you are going for you should ask AC to build you one of these custom units (I've been toying with the idea...)

http://aquacomputer.de/newsreader/items/…lex-gigant.html
Didn't consider this, but you could run them at different points in the loop to eliminate one 720 doing more work, which brings me back to my question about pumps at different points in the loop. If I were doing this I would simply run them as seperate loops. Seems tidier to me ...