• 20.04.2024, 04:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MrToad

PA2 via Aquabus, can you also access the flow sensor in Aquasuite?

Montag, 3. September 2012, 12:54

I'm having a bit of difficulty with my new project, sorry to be a pest with the questions...

Unfortunately the firmware for AE5 LT to be used as a "slave" unit is not ready yet (a fellow forum member tells me in a different thread) so I had to go back to the drawing board.

I have two PA2s connected via Aquabus to an AE5 XT. If I connect an "old school" flow sensor (High Flow G1/4) to the flow sensor header of one of the PA2s will I be able to get the flow reading in Aquasuite 2012?

Also the new flow sensors and pressure sensors, can they be connected to the PA2s Aquabus headers using a cable similar to this one?

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1969

Elaborating: The PA2s aquabus headers are only three pin ones so they can't supply +5V if I'm correct, but if I use the PSU to supply the 5V to power the device and the PA2's header just for data will it work?

Montag, 3. September 2012, 14:14

The OLD school flow sensor needs to be connected to the Aquero 5 on the flow connector. I have seen posts that imply the sensor can be connected to the PA2's but I am not sure. But if a flow sensor is connected to the PA2, the data will show up in AS2012. Just make sure each PA2 has a unique ID number set through the USB connection and AS 2012.

Yes, the cable you identified will probably work, but try this one first: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2847
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

MrToad

Montag, 3. September 2012, 14:28

The OLD school flow sensor needs to be connected to the Aquero 5 on the flow connector. I have seen posts that imply the sensor can be connected to the PA2's but I am not sure. But if a flow sensor is connected to the PA2, the data will show up in AS2012.

Jajjajajaja, sorry, had to laugh... that's a lot of words to say that you are exactly where I am: "It should work but I'm not sure it will" :D :D :D

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for making me chuckle though :)

Just make sure each PA2 has a unique ID number set through the USB connection and AS 2012.

Done that, at the moment my PA2s are running a DDC3.25 each, but thanks for the reminder :)

Yes, the cable you identified will probably work, but try this one first: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2847

That one won't work. The PA2 has a three pin Aquabus connector (if is a regular I2C bus I presume they are Ground/Data/Serial Clock), it can't supply the required +5V for the device to work. The cable you've linked is a 4pin splitter cable :)

RE: PA2 via Aquabus, can you also access the flow sensor in Aquasuite?

Montag, 3. September 2012, 15:06

I'm having a bit of difficulty with my new project, sorry to be a pest with the questions...

Unfortunately the firmware for AE5 LT to be used as a "slave" unit is not ready yet (a fellow forum member tells me in a different thread) so I had to go back to the drawing board.

I have two PA2s connected via Aquabus to an AE5 XT. If I connect an "old school" flow sensor (High Flow G1/4) to the flow sensor header of one of the PA2s will I be able to get the flow reading in Aquasuite 2012?

Also the new flow sensors and pressure sensors, can they be connected to the PA2s Aquabus headers using a cable similar to this one?

Elaborating: The PA2s aquabus headers are only three pin ones so they can't supply +5V if I'm correct, but if I use the PSU to supply the 5V to power the device and the PA2's header just for data will it work?

Yes old school flowmeter will work on PA2 and show up in Aquasuite through the A5XT. I have it working myself. Its not as accurate as the A5 as it doesnt have the filtering of the A5 but it might depend on the flow meter your using.
Im using 2 x Koolance flow meters and the one on the A5 is accurate and the one on the PA2 jumps around quite a bit because it gets false readings (noise) that it cant filter.

Cant help you with the new flow meters but im very tempted to get them myself. ;)
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

MrToad

RE: RE: PA2 via Aquabus, can you also access the flow sensor in Aquasuite?

Montag, 3. September 2012, 16:50

Yes old school flowmeter will work on PA2 and show up in Aquasuite through the A5XT. I have it working myself. Its not as accurate as the A5 as it doesnt have the filtering of the A5 but it might depend on the flow meter your using.
Im using 2 x Koolance flow meters and the one on the A5 is accurate and the one on the PA2 jumps around quite a bit because it gets false readings (noise) that it cant filter.

Cant help you with the new flow meters but im very tempted to get them myself. ;)

Thanks for that info :)

That means that even if the new flow meter/pressure gauge can't be connected to the PA2 via Aquabus at least I can use the "old school" one I've got. Hopefully Shoggy or Sebastian will have an answer for this.

All these devices (PA2, new flow meter, new pressure gauge) can be connected via USB instead of Aquabus but there was some caveat doing it that way and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Montag, 3. September 2012, 22:25

True, the PA2's have a three pin header, and the cable I pointed too is a four pin, but the Aquastream XT/D5 and the Aquero itself have four pin headers which include the +5vdc.

The only problem I can remember with connecting everything via USB is running out of internal USB headers on the Motherboard, at least, now that the USB Stack has been re-written by AC Guys.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 13:37

When you connect mechanical high flow sensors to the poweradjust you can also see them in the aquasuite when everything is connected via aquabus.

When you use the newer mps sensors you can connect them directly via aquabus to the aquaero. Please note that the mps uses 4-pin aquabus connections so you need other cables and splitters. Of course you can connect a 3-pin aquabus cable to a 4-pin connector from a splitter to attached an poweradjust for example.