• 22.05.2024, 00:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mounting the Aquatube on the aquabay 1.5 body

Mittwoch, 12. September 2012, 14:24

Hello guys

I was using the Aquatube with my own homemade mount (taking 3 front bays),, looks cool,, so I went ahead and bought the "aquabay 1.5 body with screw set (without bezel!)"
This is supposed to let me mount the aquatube using 2 front bays.
I encountered a few details and I wanted to ask:

1- When I mount the Aquatube on the aquabay, It ended up tilted, so the 1/4 wholes that are supposed to be at the bottom, pointing to the ground, are now rotated about 30 degrees.
How that works? the system will never take advantage of the water that is below the level when the outlets are tilted. Basically I will have 30% of water on the reservoir but the pump wont suck it.

2- Because the outlets are tilted, the Tubemeter is also tilted 30 degrees, so it wont measure the level properly.

3- The aquabay is wrapping the aquatube around so close that now I cannot mount the fittings, (using bitspower compression). between the outlets and the aluminum from the aquabay there is so little space.

How you guys have this set up? Im scratching my head here, Im sure Im not in tune with the way this was designed.

Thanks a lot.

M.

Mittwoch, 12. September 2012, 17:36

Yep, I feel your pain. If the Aquatube is installed correctly, the bay below it and above it must be empty.
However, everything can be made to fit in a double 5.25 bay if the unit is rotated to the side. Except the AquatubeUSB connector does stick out a little below the bay, just mount the Aquaero there and the wires will go around the connector.
The key is 90 degree fittings for the bottom. True, a little water stays in the bottom of the rez that the pump can't get, but not that much really. My Aquatube shows a level of 70% with water level at 50% of the rez. But it works.
Except that the Aquaero 5 information page will not indicate a level, even though Aquasuite 2012 does.
'
Personally I intend to remove the Aquatube and use a MPS to measure level. I am tired of the Aquatube.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Mittwoch, 12. September 2012, 18:20

I would love to hear from Aquacomputer how the envisioned this design.
It looks very weird the way it works,, so, how is this?: if you install the Aquatube correctly, then you cannot install the cables on the tubemeter or the fittings and you need not two full bays, but four (top and bottom)????

I mean,,Im sure they used a 3D modeling software, simulated the connectors, etc before going into production with this.

(I hope I dont get a "the new reservoir doesnt have this problem" kind of answer)

:-)

M.

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 11:22

Point 1 and 2 is correct. You have to fill in more water. The measurement range of the tubemeter is limited when you use it with the aquabay. If you want to take full advantage of this you will have to turn the the notch to the bottom. It will be still possible to remove the glass if necessary but might take a bit more time. The cut out on the cover can not be at the bottom because there is not enough space left. Keep in mind that we need some width for the laser cutter.

You could use angeled connectors to avoid the problem with the cover.